8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Hawaiian Xtreme  (Read 14822 times)

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
  • Huckleberry's Xtreme Barrel Race Jan 2 Bryan, Texa
Re: Hawaiian Xtreme
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2005, 09:45:25 AM »
I believe that is correct. :yes:  Math is not my forte   <DUMMY ME>  My secretary is an accountant and knows all the ins and outs and could explain it to you in a flash /|\\.  75% payback out of the entry fees and 100% added money   $10 processing fee one time for Novice Youth or Open.   You may ride as many times as you wish with one processing fee. >PEACE<
Novice has $200 added and youth has $200 added and Open 4D has $1000 added money. :really crazy:  $1400 in all.....Plus the drawings for trips and other give aways during the day..... CANTOUCHTHIS

(GOODLUCK)
Takin' barrel racing to the Xtreme.....

Offline Julie

• Mega Member
  • Honey I Got The Cash
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2005, 10:42:18 AM »
OPEN ONLY  (plus that wonderful added money)!

$30 entry fee.  75% to pot = $22.50
$10 processing fee plus 25% of entry fee $7.50

Jackpot = $22.50 per entry
Producer = $17.50 per entry

I believe my math is correct, but, I don't mind if you correct me if I am wrong.

:o
Sometimes what's  right isn't always popular and what's popular isn't always right.

Offline canchaser253

• Elite Member
  • Shelby Nicole
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2005, 04:06:55 PM »

I believe my math is correct, but, I don't mind if you correct me if I am wrong.

What  ???  Whats so  :o ?
Dont try and be a bad@$$ over the keyboard.

kmh

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2005, 04:21:24 PM »
Maybe due to the 64/36 split ?????????????????????????  Don't really know.  It is not an equal entry for the person bringing only 1 horse, than someone who brings 2 or more.  The person with two or more only pays $10 once for unlimited horses.

Offline Julie

• Mega Member
  • Honey I Got The Cash
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2005, 04:42:21 PM »

What  ???  Whats so  :o ?

I was just shocked that's all.  I didn't realize that (any) producers were only getting $5 less than the contestant.  I think I'm going about this the wrong way!  (:(((
Sometimes what's  right isn't always popular and what's popular isn't always right.

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2005, 09:09:26 AM »
I am sure for the amount of added money this is a normal format for any producer.  <ROCKON> Please check with Tamet or Corky or any one that produces barrel races with added money. >PEACE<  Again the producer uses that money for advertisement, arenas, office costs, helpers and if any is left a little profit.  That is why we dropped the cost from $40 an entry to $30 so that the cost reflected the amount of added money.  :()& We also dropped the pro fee from $20 to $10. :yes:  We also dropped the late fee. >:D  All of these savings go to the riders.  <HI> The processing fee is only one time so if you bring more than one horse the producer does not get $17.50 on those entries.  (woohoo) Or if you run the Novice and the Open the producer does not get $10 for each   The $10 is a one time charge per person not per horse.   :RUN:

Karol I do not know what you mean by 64/36 split sorry  <DUMMY ME> But it is an equal entry $30 per horse.  The $10 processing fee is an office charge to cover expenses like described above.   :)/\\

kmh

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2005, 09:17:56 AM »
I got that based on one person/one horse entry.  Not based on one person, numerous horses.  My math may be wrong.

Just my opinion.  I just think the processing fee should be per horse, BUT, I am not a producer and don't want to be.

kmh

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2005, 09:19:56 AM »
I just like to STIR IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    >:D

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2005, 10:03:49 AM »
I would love the processing fee to be per horse. >:D  That would be fine with all  the producers.  However it seems a little high for those who have multiple horses.  :RUN: :RUN: :RUN: :RUN: :RUN: :RUN: :RUN: :RUN:

I like it when you stir it up a bit.  <()> It keeps everyone on their toes and keeps new ideas coming and brings back some old ones too.   :()&

kmh

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2005, 10:08:11 AM »
Okay you say that makes it high for someone who has multiple horses, but, isn't the same for someone who only brings one horse.  That seems to make it not fair for the one/horse one/rider.  The multiple horse rider only pays a $10 admin fee and brings 5 horses.  They only pay $2 per horse.  Not an equal entry for the person with only one horse.

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2005, 10:32:55 AM »
Once again I will try to explain.  <DUMMY ME> The processing fee is completely separate from the entry fee.  The processing fee does not effect the payout in any way. <COLOR GRIN>
The processing fee pays for arena charges and other expenses of putting on a big one day barrel race.  (woohoo) We ran over 600 riders in our last show which should put us in the  one day BIG show catagory that you spoke of on another thread.   :)/\\
Since we are putting on a BIG one day show at a quality arena, with great added money for 3 classes, with no late fees,  with hook ups and stalls at resonable fees, entry fees are compadable with the added money, cutting exhibition to $3 on Fri night, adding a warmup jackpot on fri night, we feel the $10 processing charge is just one of those things you have to deal with.....

Now quit whinning   *:@  and come and enjoy the barrel race.....Maybe you will win 2 tickets to Hawaii or a weekend at Disneyworld ( we are working on this)

:later:

kmh

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2005, 10:48:54 AM »
But I like to whine!   *:@  Depending upon how I do in the next 3 weeks, maybe so. 

Corky Barder

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2005, 10:54:00 AM »
OK, before things get out of hand here, I'm going to freeze this thread.

And yes, it is customary to only charge one processing fee/ office fee,  no matter how many horses are entered.  Is it fair to the person who only enters one horse?  On the other hand, is it fair to charge someone who is entering multiple horses to charge them each a processing fee?  I do know a producer who tried a processing fee on each horse, and another one who incorporated the processing fee/office fee into the entry fee.  Neither of these were well received by the contestants and alot of feeling got hurt.

There have been numerous topics/threads on this subject.  Just do a search, and if you don't find the info you require, start a new topic, but PLEASE, try and keep the information general, and not directed and any one person.