8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: NEW HELP ON FIRST BARREL,NOT SURE IF HORSE OR ME??  (Read 2120 times)

Offline flcrackercowwhip

• Veteran Member
    • www.cowwhips.homestead.com
NEW HELP ON FIRST BARREL,NOT SURE IF HORSE OR ME??
« on: March 12, 2010, 06:21:10 AM »
I need help on first barrel please-ASAP; ok,,I started her out really slow. She is 6 yrs old, When I run to first barrel, she wont always turn. I think it is something I am doing. RJ ALWAYS has a perfect 2nd & 3rd barrel now matter how hard you push her to them. Its just her first barrel. If you run her slow to the first barrel (high lope) she makes a good turn, as she is coming out you can drive her as hard as you want to the other barrels and she makes great turns. It try to make her pocket enough, my foot in her, etc. I dont know what to do. RIght now I use a draw gag bit on her,seems to have helped, I have tried a few different bits, she is very light mouthed. Her teeth are good, had that done a few months ago. The 1st video is from last Sunday, she (or me?) did her little dance, and on to the 2nd & 3rd,GREAT! But I did run her a week before,at the same place and she did great,17.143,(large pattern)perfect all 3 barrels. She turned the 1st barrel like a pro! I just need a little advice with the 1st. Dont know what else to do. I have attached 2 videos, the first one is where she messed up, and the second one, I slowed her down and she turned it. (please excuse my husband's voice,,he said a little bad word, and I dont know how to get rid of the sound!!please excues him).
Oh, i want to mention, that I have also been working on poles too. She is doing great, (22.3 last weekend)makes all turns good!Even the right turn, sucks it up everytime!

UPDATE!! I just ran at Waco this evening (D&G) and my mare run pretty good, just out of the money in the 3D. She had a pretty good first barrel,( I just didnt run to the barrel),perfect 2nd & 3rd. She had a 16.693..only if I could just get the 1st barrel fixed to be able to run harder!
We were just out of the money in the 3D!
PLEASE SOME ONE HELP ME HERE,,I NEED ADVISE ON HOW TO FIX MY MARE!

1st. run  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIINw0LkIqg
2nd run  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r6zBqdK9Tc

U
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 10:16:01 PM by flcrackercowwhip »
www.cowwhips.homestead.com
check out our website,,my husband builds these!