Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Poll

If there was a clinic held, who would you want to be giving it??

Tammy Key
3 (12%)
Sheri Cervi
4 (16%)
Jackie Dube
2 (8%)
Kelly Kaminski
1 (4%)
Janet Stover
6 (24%)
Wright Barrel Clinic
9 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: January 17, 2005, 06:18:31 AM

Author Topic: who's clinic would you want to attend?  (Read 12108 times)

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
Re: who's clinic would you want to attend?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2005, 07:38:13 AM »
Abby, I have been to 2 of Janet Stover's clinics and thought they were the best.  I really liked how she spent as much time as needed with each individual.  I also liked that the NRS staff was so well informed and helpfull.
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

Offline jenijill

• Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • pray for our soldiers
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2005, 08:24:21 AM »
It doesnt matter whos i go to I just know I need someone else telling my what Im doing wrong besides my friend Kelly, because it is kinda like your mom telling you what you are doing wrong.  you just dont listen.
 <..>                         

Jen, You have an Ed Wright Clinic in your backdoor every year in Dec. Ask Jo Alexandar about it.
  Yeah, but last year we had our last NBHA on the 18th so I couldnt  make it, although I did request to be put on their list at the house.
it is Gods responsibilty to forgive the terrorist and it is the US Military's responsibilty to arrange the meeting

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2005, 01:37:09 PM »
I'm not a big clinic going person...so I doubt if I ever make it to Janet's, but she's next on the list.
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2005, 01:50:51 PM »
I took my new horse and they helped me a lot with him. 
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

Offline Grits

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2005, 04:30:04 PM »
I've been to the same two Janet Stover clinics that Sherry has, and I do like Janet's style.  I like the fact that the number of students is limited to 20, so you get lots of individual attention.  Janet is great at figuring out how to solve a horse and/or rider's problems. 

I like Josey clinics when I'm on a green horse.  It's a great place to get the youngster used to all the sights and sounds and being around lots of other horses.  You also do plenty of slow work on the pattern, which is great for the green horse. 

I haven't been to any of the other clinics on the list, but heck, I'd like to try em all!   <ROCKON>

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2005, 04:33:04 PM »
I would probably benefit more from the people I have dealt with (clinicians) if I could just work one on one with them.

I am the stubborn kind of person that takes a horse as far as I can before I go to a clinic with them. Most horses I have taken to clinics in the past were already running and winning as 1D horses. I take them to make them even better....therefore, usually, not picking up much information.

Unfortunately, there's only two "pro's" I know I can easily go ride one on one with at most any time and get beneficial help without having to be on a mile long waiting list.

Maybe when I make it big I can become friends with more and have more opportunities to do this.
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
  • Huckleberry's Xtreme Barrel Race Jan 2 Bryan, Texa
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2005, 09:55:04 AM »
From observation I would choose Tammy Key. <NOT WORTHY>  When she pulls up to a barrel race she has 2-3 trailers of colts and several student riders with her.  (woohoo) She rides all the horses regardless of style and trains on each of them.  :()& Her girls ride some and she helps them.  It is a natural thing for her to help with barrels.  <:)  That is just what I have observed  of Tammy and she is very friendly to everyone.   <HI>
Takin' barrel racing to the Xtreme.....

Offline hwhranch

• Posse Member
  • Veteran Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2005, 01:23:43 PM »
I have been to Janet's and loved them.  I voted for Sheri just to see things from a different point of view.  I think she might be interesting.

Offline MistyD

• Novice Member
  • Nugget!!
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2005, 09:12:05 AM »
IM sure Jackie will be in giddings when they have the barrel race one sunday her mom is one of the ones that puts them on!! Her and Tammy  She was there jan 2nd!
Misty