8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Does anyone know anything about TX 17?  (Read 11379 times)

Offline canchaser253

• Elite Member
  • Shelby Nicole
Re: Does anyone know anything about TX 17?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2005, 03:53:14 PM »
No, Sulpher Springs is Tx 17, if I remember correctly I-20 is kinda the dividing line on the districts.   I feel for anyone that decides to become a director, having helped Donna with 17, there are some people that you just can't please!!!! :!  I am not sure the Good Lord himself could please these people!!!! rofl

I remember at one show the same woman told us the ground was to wet, then about 20 mins. later the ground was too dry!!!  Then that same day the same woman said the ground was to deep, then after she ran the ground was not deep enough!!!  I think by the end of the day she ended up getting told that no one had held a gun to her head and made her run at that barrel race!!! >:(

Wow, I know from being in the sign-up area and in the announcers booth before that there is ALOT of people like that in this world!
Dont try and be a bad@$$ over the keyboard.

Offline pdf75559

• Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2005, 08:54:15 AM »
Your right Whit. that's too far off a jump for me, guess I'll stay around here except for the bigger races. How ahve you been doing? Haven't seen you in awhile or talked to you since you were going to Ardmore. Hope to be seeing you at the races this year if I can ever get my horse back into shape!!! Hate the cold weather.

Offline ITDASH

• AKA: Bad Lisa
  • Administrator
  • Dinosaur!
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2005, 09:04:43 AM »
PDF  welcome to the board and who are yo ?? seems I should know you since we share the same zip code lol
:P   Lisa Downs   :P
TEXAS  God Bless Texas TEXAS

Offline pdf75559

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2005, 09:12:12 AM »
Thanks ITDASH!!  I used to go to the rodeos hot & heavy about 10 yrs. ago & Im trying to get to riding again.
I live in DeKalb now but grew up in TExarkana & my name is Pam Fannin but Whit knows me as Pam DeRouen.

Offline ITDASH

• Administrator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2005, 09:14:13 AM »
oh ok lol I dont think I have ever met you but know who you are lol

Offline pdf75559

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2005, 09:19:43 AM »
Oh no, ITDASH. Is that good or bad ??

Who are you? I've been finding a bunch of my friends that I have not seen in a long time on EBR & IMm thrilled!!!!!

Offline pdf75559

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2005, 09:25:56 AM »
ITDASH...Are you from DeKalb too?? Tell me who you are so I can meet you.  You know that curiosity killed the cat!!

Offline ITDASH

• Administrator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2005, 09:30:24 AM »
in a married divorced once removed redneck sorta way were related lmao  oh and if you go  over the river and thru the woods we live about 2 miles apart lol

Offline pdf75559

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2005, 09:38:18 AM »
Ok, Like an idiot I see your name at the bottom <DUMMY ME>. How are we related?? I recognize the name but cant put a face with it at the moment.

Offline ITDASH

• Administrator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2005, 09:53:29 AM »
I was married to Tim Downs who is Robins first cousin lol

Offline pdf75559

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2005, 09:59:21 AM »
Ok, I still havent met you, so introduce yourself to me at one of the barrel races. I am kin to both Robin & your X even though its on back alittle. Didn't know I was kin to them til Peggy got in the truck one day & told me we were kin. You can never have too many friends.

Offline Ridin' On Faith

• Elite Member
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2005, 11:44:40 AM »
Just found this on the events page

23: ** TX 17 *** NBHA *** Membership Drive Jackpot ** - Sulphur Springs, TX - Rockin S Indoor Arena - Off I-30 the arena is 8 miles out on the West side.

* - Barrel Exhibitions 8:30-10:30am, $3.00/run - Pole Exhibitions 11:00-12:00pm, $3.00/run - Following Exhibitions will be 3D Open Poles - $25.00/entry - 80% payback - 4D Barrels - $25.00/entry - 80% payback - (Youth, Seniors, Open) If anyone has any questions please call or go to our link here on ebarrelracing.com

Look for Texas District 17 NBHA! I hope everyone can make it out to have a great day of barrel racing. If the weather is bad we will still race! Arena is indoor. - For more information contact: Carrie Northcutt 903-496-7013 or 903-456-0432 (cell) - [email protected] - Pat Young 903-455-2470 - [email protected]

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2005, 12:05:59 PM »
Your right Whit. that's too far off a jump for me, guess I'll stay around here except for the bigger races. How ahve you been doing? Haven't seen you in awhile or talked to you since you were going to Ardmore. Hope to be seeing you at the races this year if I can ever get my horse back into shape!!! Hate the cold weather.

Glad to hear you're planning on being back in the saddle. Let me tell ya'll board buddies.....this woman is TOUGH!!! Just the fact that she can get out of bed every morning is nothing short of a miracle and a gift from God. I've often thought that if you shared your story you would make a great motivational speaker  :)/\\  Ok ya'll don't bug her....but it is an awesome story.

Sparkplug is getting a much deserved rest right now, 30 days completely off. No shoes, no shirt, no problems  (!!) . I did put him in the roundpen for about 10 minutes yesterday (hush Lisa.....not a workout....just wanted to see him move a little). He trotted and snorted the whole time. He feels so good. Its hard to give him a true break, but I know he needs it and goodness knows he deserves it. I know stuff will kick back off soon and I hope he's as ready to get back in the arena as I am.

Thanks for the info R-O-F  :)/\\ You're so good at finding stuff for us.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau

Offline pdf75559

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2005, 12:31:48 PM »
Thanks Whit. Don't know about tough, but I loved giving all of yall a run for your money. Now I'm just glad to be running again. You were always tough too, youve just gotten tougher!!Always loved to cheer you on & watch you run.

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2005, 02:53:37 PM »
You have no idea what a HUGE compliment that is coming from you!!   ~:() You're not that much older than me, (maybe 5 or 6 years?  if that much) but back then you were the "IN CROWD", you always had good lookin,  <ROCKON> bada$$ horses and I wanted to be able to go and be competitive like you. To know that you enjoy cheering for me is such a boost!! Thanks, I needed this today!!
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau