8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Grits may need our prayers  (Read 4799 times)

Offline debandbeau

• Da Sheriff
  • Mega Member
  • Home of the Brave!
    • Tahitian NONI Juice
Grits may need our prayers
« on: January 13, 2005, 02:09:51 PM »
I saw on another board that Grits' area got a pretty bad storm yesterday........so we might should pray for people in her area......

Anyone who hears from Grits, let us know.
"The ONLY thing that should be on your mind when you go down that alleyway is doing the best you can to help your horse do the best he can."     Kappy Allen

www.tahitiannoni.com/rodeo

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
Re: Grits may need our prayers
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 02:25:13 PM »
Yeah, I read that too. I called her cell phone. It rang 4 or 5 times (like its on) and then went to voicemail. I let her know we're all thinking about her and to please call one of us and let us know she's ok. Scott & I have stayed at their place and its pretty rural, I'm sure power outage is common especially with bad weather. I will post any news I get.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 02:55:31 PM »
I just called her house and got her answering machine so I assume they have electricity.  I left a message and told her to check the bb and to call me.
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 02:59:21 PM »
I just talked to Jan on her cell phone and she said it missed them.  The tornado hit about a mile from her house.  She said when she left that they did not have electricity and I told her that her answering machine picked up and then her cell phone cut out so I could not hear what she had to say.  Anyway, they are all ok at her place!
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 03:01:47 PM »
Good work Sherry!! Thanks for the news!!
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 03:02:40 PM »
You are quite welcome!  I was determined to hunt her down!  LOL
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.

Offline debandbeau

• Da Sheriff
  • Mega Member
  • Home of the Brave!
    • Tahitian NONI Juice
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 03:23:15 PM »
Sherry, you get the Royal BB Mounted Posse award for Best Investigator of 2005!

Good work!   <:)
From Da Sheriff!
"The ONLY thing that should be on your mind when you go down that alleyway is doing the best you can to help your horse do the best he can."     Kappy Allen

www.tahitiannoni.com/rodeo

Offline Grits

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 05:07:03 PM »
Awwww!  I feel so warm and fuzzy, knowing that ya'll were worried about lil ole me!  Thanks!   (((((((HUGS)))))))) 
We were very fortunate, because a deadly tornado made its path just about a mile from our place.  Yet we had no bad weather from it!  We had no damage at all.  However, some friends of ours are in the hospital with injuries sustained when their mobile homes were destroyed with them inside.  There was NO warning, and in fact, the news had just gone off, and the weatherman said there would be no dangerous weather, just some thunderstorms.  Thanks to the weather report and the calm before the storm, no one expected it.  We didn't even know a tornado had gone through until one of our nearby friends called to tell us.  We are without electricity and probably will be until tomorrow, due to all the trees on power lines.  We have a generator running parts of the house right now (and it was running the answering machine when Sherry called), so I was able to fire up the computer.  We are without chickens at the moment, so this is good, although we do have generators to run the chicken houses when necessary.  Anyway, we're fine, and I appreciate your concern!   ~:() 

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 07:37:31 PM »
THANKS DEB!!!

Jan, I am so glad that y'all are ok! Sounds like that big generator that Mark bought for you is doing a good job right now!  I hope you get electricity soon!
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.

doc o lena bar

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 08:49:33 PM »
Jan, thank goodness you ok.  I was so worried about you.  I hope your friends are ok.  It is sad that they lost their home.  Tell them we are praying for them.  I am just glas that they are alive and okay.  Keep us updated on how they are.

(((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS))))))))
Doc.

Offline Grits

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 10:54:07 PM »
Thanks again, ya'll.  And a special thanks to Sherry and Whit for going the extra mile by calling me.   (((((((HUGS))))))))  We finally have electricity now.  YEA!  Word is that my friends who are in the hospital are doing well tonight.  My daughter is a nurse there, working tonight, and she has checked on both of them.  It is sad that they lost their homes, but homes can be replaced.  Looking at what's left of their houses, it's a miracle they're alive!