8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: BBR Update !!  (Read 17861 times)

Offline Destry Fleming

• Mega Member
    • UWINMORE.COM
BBR Update !!
« on: January 20, 2005, 12:20:33 AM »
Well, there is nothing to post about the BBR yet.  Lisa forgot to take pictures today, but it was only day one of move in and not much happened except I wrecked my golf cart.  (Nothing a little duck tape won't fix!!)  Tomorrow, we will have pictures of some of your favorite people and once the race gets under way on Friday, we will try our best to have some daily results for everyone.

Anyone every wonder why we call it the BBR World Finals, well for those of you that don't know it, we actually have contestants from Italy who qualified in Italy and are now here in Okalhoma City at the finals.  We well try and get them rounded up for a group photo.

For those of you that have not left yet, have a safe trip and we will see you when you get here.

Corky

Offline Laura Rodgers

• Mega Member
  • Brillant People Have The Most Persuasive Deamons
Re: BBR Update !!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 06:47:01 AM »
I talked to Destry & Corky last night. Less then 200 people had checked in. That leaves 800+ to check in today before 9pm! The earlier you can get there today the better off you will be! If you arrive after 5 pm there will be line to get unloaded and checked in. They will do all that they can to help you get unloaded and checked in! Have fun and be safe!
Laura Rodgers
"We survive together or not at all"

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 07:36:23 AM »
I was wondering what was going on.  Lisa had time to call me and ride?????  <..>  I bet there wont be much riding besides wiping those golf carts around.  And Corky where did you get your drivers license  Spppittt
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline featherg

• Charter Member
  • Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
    • Feather G Ranch
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 07:56:07 AM »
Mental note: Stay out of Corky's way. LOL Lisa's "phone" called me yesterday but no one was on the other end roflmao I could hear what was going on up there but couldnt get her attention! I will see you all sometime today, still have to get packed.
Success is getting what you want; happiness is wanting what you get.
www.TotalHealthEnhance.com

Offline Laura Rodgers

• Mega Member
  • Brillant People Have The Most Persuasive Deamons
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 08:54:22 AM »
That is ok I am headed down there to ride the horses today. BB)

Hopefully I can do that and avoid the golf carts with crazy drivers!
Laura Rodgers
"We survive together or not at all"

doc o lena bar

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 07:01:59 AM »
Well, there is nothing to post about the BBR yet.  Lisa forgot to take pictures today, but it was only day one of move in and not much happened except I wrecked my golf cart.  (Nothing a little duck tape won't fix!!)  Tomorrow, we will have pictures of some of your favorite people and once the race gets under way on Friday, we will try our best to have some daily results for everyone.

Anyone every wonder why we call it the BBR World Finals, well for those of you that don't know it, we actually have contestants from Italy who qualified in Italy and are now here in Okalhoma City at the finals.  We well try and get them rounded up for a group photo.

For those of you that have not left yet, have a safe trip and we will see you when you get here.

Corky

I can't believe you wrecked your golf cart. rofl rofl rofl  Thats worse then me running into a guard pole around a meter in Abilene back in August.  Could see it in my truck, so I drove right into it.  Did nearly $3000 damage to my truck.   :! :! :! Stupid me.  Then I looked around to see if someone saw me do it @ 6am in the morning.   :\\(((

Tell Rita good luck and everyone else have a safe trip and great runs.  I miss ya'll already. (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 08:11:56 AM »
Good luck guys. Lisa - I'm missing you terribley but "everything" is going great, the ball is rolling and we will be soon  :()& 

Holy cow, over 800 to get checked-in just today. Somebody PLEASE make sure Lisa has plenty of smokes and her tea glass is full. She stresses if either of those get low  :*

Have a great time, post when you can. I look forward to all the crazy stories. With this crew  <EXCUSE ME?> I'm sure they will be crazy!!
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 09:05:50 AM »
BBR Contestants ----------> :skeerd: (00) <----------Corky
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 09:42:32 AM »
Its a shame they dont have the time to see alllllll these cute icons you have come up with  >:D
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Lil Welder

• Posse Member
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2005, 10:30:57 AM »
Pam that was to funny.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2005, 06:28:08 AM »
Okay I am going to have to call Lisa and tell her she is falling down on the job.  NO PICS, NO Results, whats up?????  :!  How did Destry Do?  How did Lisa Do? Dont leave us in the dark down here  <DUMMY ME>

Offline ITDASH

• AKA: Bad Lisa
  • Administrator
  • Dinosaur!
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2005, 09:06:27 AM »
well as of right now Im still  alive ....sorta !!!   we have been SOOOOO busy  but it has been FUN !! ok short run down.  I tipped the 2nd uggggggggg ,Destry had 2 nice run in barn 6 both 15.6's , mustang had a  2 15.5'2 in the colliseum ,
Ihave met TONS of folks here even the ones from Italy and a lot of board buddies from EBR and BHW ,sorry I havent posted sooner  but untill this morning I think I was running on about 15 hours sleep, and going 90 MPH ,slept in this morning  I ran early yesterday so it was a late night and early morning but now I have coffeee making  [..] and ready to try to get yall some PICTURES ,
oh and never drive in front of Corky......... be back with pics soon !!
:P   Lisa Downs   :P
TEXAS  God Bless Texas TEXAS

Offline Destry Fleming

• Mega Member
    • UWINMORE.COM
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2005, 09:43:24 AM »
 <..>   I think she has been in the vet kit again!!! 

Talk about women drivers!!     I swear she stuck her golf cart in reverse and backed into me.   SHE knocked the light out of the front!!    TRUST ME,,, when her cell phone rings EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD CEASES TO EXIST!!!   

Lisa's new key word.....................NEON......

Oh she just told me to bite her.   

Destry

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2005, 10:40:20 AM »
Now now children.  I think we need to double check all of yalls drivers license when you get home.   <COLOR GRIN>

Offline MercuryGirl

• Novice Member
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2005, 04:58:39 PM »
Is it being broadcast on the interent?  I can't seem to find it.