8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: BBR Update !!  (Read 17862 times)

Offline Destry Fleming

• Mega Member
    • UWINMORE.COM
Re: BBR Update !!
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2005, 09:56:45 PM »
Ok, it's finally over and brrrrrrrrrrr is it cold..... here is what we have so far...Hotshot won the race in the coliseum with a 15.211 Dial A Red Rooster ran a 15.218.  Kay Young won the race in barn six with a 14.6??    As I type this, we are still waiting on the final results to be printed and posted.    The short go begins at 10 am tomorrow morning.

Only one word can describe the past 4 days....WOW  saw some smokin runs, met some great people, saw old friends, made new ones.  For those of you that didn't make it this year, you missed one great show.  Better get your memberships purchased and start qualifying for next year.  In fact, we have already started planning for next year and the year after that.  Too soon to say anything yet, but I think we make alot of people happy for what we have in store.

Ok, now the reason for the delay in getting things posted.  Lisa has been having computer problems, every time her modem tries to dial out, her computer calls room service.  She kept wondering why the waiter kept showing up at her door with food.  She never asked, just took it from him and said thank you!  (Boy, I would hate to see that bill).  She gave me a jump drive with all the pictures on it, but warned me not to look at all the pictures on it, just the ones from the BBR...hmmmm wonder what she's hiding.

Now for the story on my wreck....Lisa was on the golf cart in front of me and we were going to unload a trailer that had just pulled up.  About this time her cell phone rang, and what I didn't know was that Lisa can not talk on the phone and drive at the same time.  Yeah, I know that since I was the one following, it was my fault, and there was no hiding it, glass and plastic went everywhere.  Leave it to Lisa, she got the duct tape and some left over Christmas tinsel and decorated it right up to where you couldn't even tell it.  Well, guess what, Lisa didn't learn her lesson there, cause not two minutes later her cell phone rang again and guess what....she stopped again, only this time it wasn't a golf cart behind her, it was a semi, pulling a 5 horse, fully loaded trailer.  I thought she was going to have to change her britches when he laid down on this air horn for her to move.  She hung up on neon, but got the cart moved.

Oh well, enough of the chatter, gotta get these pictures posted, and back up to the arena.  We will get more to y'all later.

Cork

« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 10:50:25 PM by Destry Fleming »

Offline Destry Fleming

• Mega Member
    • UWINMORE.COM
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2005, 10:00:55 PM »

Offline Destry Fleming

• Mega Member
    • UWINMORE.COM
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2005, 10:06:45 PM »

Offline Destry Fleming

• Mega Member
    • UWINMORE.COM
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2005, 10:09:51 PM »

Offline Destry Fleming

• Mega Member
    • UWINMORE.COM
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2005, 10:16:06 PM »

Offline Destry Fleming

• Mega Member
    • UWINMORE.COM
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2005, 10:28:58 PM »

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2005, 07:18:47 AM »
Yeah  <ROCKON>  <PARTY> updates with pics :look:  :TIGGER:  applause  Yall have a good race today and a safe trip home.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2005, 07:58:48 AM »
Yippy my soul sista CUTA and her Pug-twin pony!!!  You go girl, lookin all sharp in yo cute clothes!!  (hi there)  All the pics are making me wish so much I was there. I'm sure there will be many stories to be shared once you guys get back.

Destry-- I almost spit tea on my computer over your remark about everything else ceases to exist  Spppittt  TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN!!!! If it weren't for her and that cell phone we may never have gotten to be such good buds. Our friendship started out at a barrel race that had to be stopped not once but TWICE because Miss Thang just had to have it clippied on her while she rode. The second time the show had to stop and there were about 10 of us out in the pen looking for her phone I asked her (in a real tacky tone) "If the  (XXX) (XXX) rings while you're turning 2nd barrel are you gonna answer it?"  She gave me a real  (XXX) look and without missing a beat said "As a matter of fact I will" We both laughed at ourselves and have been buddies ever since.

Ya'll stay warm and everybody get plenty of rest before you head home.

Lots of love, Whit
« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 08:27:37 AM by SparkplugsMama »
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2005, 08:05:32 AM »
 rofl rofl rofl
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Destry Fleming

• Mega Member
    • UWINMORE.COM
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2005, 08:33:12 AM »
OK...here is a link to the short go draw..

http://www.betterbarrelraces.com/finalsshortgodraw.htm

Offline Rita Barnett

• Elite Member
  • Rita & Willows Starduster ( Booger Dan )
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2005, 09:37:32 AM »
Lisa   we love ya   but hubby said he wouldn't ride with ya  after you ran over the trash can   I didn't know about the other stuff!  rofl rofl rofl

Offline cominupthealley

• Mega Member
    • Butler Performance Horses
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2005, 11:04:43 AM »
Yippy my soul sista CUTA and her Pug-twin pony!!!  You go girl, lookin all sharp in yo cute clothes!!  (hi there)  All the pics are making me wish so much I was there. I'm sure there will be many stories to be shared once you guys get back.

Destry-- I almost spit tea on my computer over your remark about everything else ceases to exist  Spppittt  TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN!!!! If it weren't for her and that cell phone we may never have gotten to be such good buds. Our friendship started out at a barrel race that had to be stopped not once but TWICE because Miss Thang just had to have it clippied on her while she rode. The second time the show had to stop and there were about 10 of us out in the pen looking for her phone I asked her (in a real tacky tone) "If the  (XXX) (XXX) rings while you're turning 2nd barrel are you gonna answer it?"  She gave me a real  (XXX) look and without missing a beat said "As a matter of fact I will" We both laughed at ourselves and have been buddies ever since.

Lots of love, Whit

Holy crap who put that on there? We were TIRED.. my hauling buddy thought she had to be down ther at the crack of Dawn.. OK11 but I got up to be at her house at 5AM which is WAAAaaay against my religion... Whit Sparkplug and Jag are goin to have to meet.. are you comin to the d&G in Amarillo? I am planning on being there!
"When a dream is in you so bright it shines out your eyes, you best give it rein." Louis Lamour

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2005, 12:45:17 PM »
I don't know about Amarillo, we'll just have to see. But I agree, we gotta get a side-by-side pic of Pug & Jag, the resemblance is spooky!!
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau

Offline cominupthealley

• Mega Member
    • Butler Performance Horses
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2005, 02:23:49 PM »
I don't know about Amarillo, we'll just have to see. But I agree, we gotta get a side-by-side pic of Pug & Jag, the resemblance is spooky!!

They have another twinthat was at the BBR.. same marking head and everything except the guy riding him was really rude. I said our horses look alike except your is a fuzz bit taller... he snorted at me and rolled his eyes... then later I watched him make a horrid run and he watched Jag smoke his butt.. I so wanted to go you know what they only look alike standing because myhorse is WAAaaayyyy nicer... but I didn't LOL.
"When a dream is in you so bright it shines out your eyes, you best give it rein." Louis Lamour

Offline ITDASH

• AKA: Bad Lisa
  • Administrator
  • Dinosaur!
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2005, 02:49:41 PM »

Lots of love, Whit

Whit I missed you terribly !!!!!!  BUT what happens in The City STAYS in the City !!! roflmao
gosh Im so tired and every time i go back to sleep the phone rings !!! Laura I love you but 7 am ?? roflmao
CUTA it wasso nice meeting you and  Jag !!  I thnk I have finally met my match when it comes to bouncy and bubbly !! lmao never saw you once with out a huge smile on your face !!
Mustang (Rita ) tell hubby it was ONLY a trash can !!! lmao  and hey Corky rearended ME  sooo  not my fault  Im innocent of all charges lmao  Thank you so much for all my fringe !! I brought it home with me  lmao Cork tolld me you climbed up on the trailer to retrieve it !!
sorry for not being able to post more pics etc but I was ready to shoot the hotel IT guy and throw my laptop from the higest point in OKC for all that  ugggggggggggg   oh and my poor camera spent entirely too much time in the golf cart under stuff  and no it wasnt my butt !! lmao it got broke but is still usable I think lmao shoosh Whit if this one isnt you know Ill get another !! 3 things I cant live with out my phone , my camera, and COFFEEE
this is by far hands down the most fun race I have ever been tooo ,It still amazes me where every one came from to attend, Canada,wisconsin, colorado, ITALY just EVERYWHERE !!!!
with the exception of a few folks the move in wasnt near what I expected  it went very smooth and everyone was so grateful for the help , I dont think alot of them knew thats what we were there for  lol , then again maybe some of them had seen my driving already and just didnt want to ride with me roflmao
in all seriousness
Destry, Corky, Laura, Robin, Courtney,Dara  yall have no idea the impact your support of me over this last week has had on me, poor Speedy has been so spoiled he will never be the same again!! roflmao
Whitney sweetie from your number one fan and president of your fan club you MUST  join BBR ,Pug will love both pens and we already love you so next year I want you with us !!!
SG it was soo good to see you and Kid again , as always I sure wish we could have spent more time together BUT I did do what you told me too lmao (I got my mini clinic  yipeeeeee )  lmao
Bonnie thanks so much for the great job you did on Speedy he and I both appreciate it !
to everyone I met and who came up to introduce yourselves, man what a rush !!!
to anyone that I ran over or almost ran over (or stopped in front of )  oppssssssssssssss  roflmao
:P   Lisa Downs   :P
TEXAS  God Bless Texas TEXAS