8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: Women's self defense class - free  (Read 2147 times)

Offline debandbeau

• Da Sheriff
  • Mega Member
  • Home of the Brave!
    • Tahitian NONI Juice
Women's self defense class - free
« on: January 22, 2005, 01:52:19 AM »
Bob, I hope this is okay to do......

But, due to the tragic death of the young lady in Tyler, I want you all to visit the Rachel Alert website.  This is a friend of mine who's daughter was abducted in Georgetown 3 years ago.  There have never been any clues to her whereabouts.  But, instead of ceasing to live, Robert and Janet have set out to bring self defense classes to as many women as they can......free of charge!  What a heart from 2 grieving parents.

Anyway, they sponsor my MUST (Mentally Useful Safety Techniques) seminars, and we have even begun to take them out of state.  Please visit the website and pass it along to any groups that may need this non-profit organization to help them in crisis.....hope we get to go to Tyler soon.

www.rachelalert.org

At the top left, you'll see an icon for Ladies' Self Defense.  Come to one if you can.  All proceeds go to the Rachel Alert Foundation and are tax deductable.  And pray for Rachel to come home.
"The ONLY thing that should be on your mind when you go down that alleyway is doing the best you can to help your horse do the best he can."     Kappy Allen

www.tahitiannoni.com/rodeo

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
Re: Women's self defense class - free
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 06:36:48 PM »
Thank you so much for posting this Deb. I went and looked at the site. For anyone that has time, or even if you don't think you have time......take the time to go read the story that was in the London paper. Very well written and it will give you the perspective of the parent of an abducted child.

If anyone gets a class together please let me know, I'd like to attend. I'd also like to ask them if they have anything geared towards younger girls. My stepdaughter is 10 and I would love for her to attend something like this. I know some stuff would be a little too graphic for a 10yr old but the scary thing is, I'd rather her know it from "good" people than to learn about it from some freak.

Gosh, this is one of those things that run chills through you.

Prayers for Rachel's family and Megan's. Rachel's story will touch your heart if you'll take time to read it.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau