8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Update on Mom's surgery and thank you for your prayers!  (Read 7541 times)

Offline debandbeau

• Da Sheriff
  • Mega Member
  • Home of the Brave!
    • Tahitian NONI Juice
Re: Will be needing your prayers tomorrow!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2005, 03:45:15 PM »
Doc,
I'm just now reading this.....so my apologies for not getting in touch with you.  But isn't it refreshing to know that God gets all our messages instantly??!! 

You step in and pray on your mom's behalf.  We are all here doing the same.  Keep us posted.....

AND......

YOU take care of yourself, too.  You are only as good for your mom as your energy and health allows you to be.  We all love you and will do anything you need us to do.

I love you, Dear One......... ~:()
"The ONLY thing that should be on your mind when you go down that alleyway is doing the best you can to help your horse do the best he can."     Kappy Allen

www.tahitiannoni.com/rodeo

doc o lena bar

Re: Update on Mom's surgery and thank you for your prayers!
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2005, 07:35:16 AM »
Deb, thats ok.  Well, things went Ok.  The doctor said the bone was good to attach to and that the arthoritis was only in the hip joint itself.  When my sister and I left last night, she was resting.  I have not heard from my dad this morning to see how she did through the night.  The Doctor is coming by this morning to check things out and they will have her up and trying to walk sometime today.  I will update more later when I have more information on how she is doing.  She had more prayers with her yesterday then she knew what to do with.  People came up and called off and on all day yesterday checking on her and us.  I thank you all for you kindess and prayers to watch over her through this surgery.  I can't say enought what a wonderful family you guys are on the board.

(((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2005, 09:29:12 PM »
Hey sweetie, just now getting a chance to check in on this thread. That's wonderful news so far. How was today? Gosh they get them up so soon. I know they have to so it keeps the muscle structure strong and working but I would be such a weenie!!! I'd be like "nooooooooo, can't you see these stitches?? You walk, I'll watch."

Keep us updated, even if its just to say "Just a little better"  We're all praying for her, you and your family. Your bb family is here if you need anything.

Looking forward to good news ~  :*
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau

Offline Grits

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2005, 09:50:40 PM »
I'm late, but I want to join the list of prayer warriors for your mom.   <(' ')>   I hope she's feeling better each day.   (((((((HUGS))))))))

doc o lena bar

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2005, 06:56:16 AM »
Yesterday was not as good a day as it started out.  She was sick all day and couldn't keep anything down.  Everytime they would try to get her up (sitting up) she would get sick.  Never got to walk from the bed to the chair.  We will see how today is.  I will be going back up tonight to check on her.  My sister is going to stay the night and let my dad come home for some much needed rest.  Will let you guys know how things are going tomorrow.

Thanks again.  Shes not out of the woods yet.   (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2005, 08:04:08 AM »
 (((((((HUGS)))))))) Bless her heart. The pain meds and being put to sleep for surgery does that to alot of people. That is such a full body issue, everything is connected to your tummy. Prayers for peaceful sleep and good rest so that she will wake up with the strength to get up and move around some.

We love ya  :*
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2005, 09:00:14 AM »
Amy, we are still praying. I pray your mom feels better today and can keep her food down and walk to that chair! A calf roping friend of ours had that surgery this past summer. He is back riding again but has to have the other hip done in the near future. Try to get some rest girl! Love ya!

P.<><
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2005, 09:53:16 AM »
Doc, that is not unusual after surgery.  The anesthesia will do that to a lot of people.  Once it wears off, I am sure she will be fine.  More prayers coming your way.
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

Offline Lil Welder

• Posse Member
  • Veteran Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2005, 08:04:09 AM »
Hope your mom had a restful sleep last night, and praying for a good day today keep us posted girl and if you need anything you let us know.

doc o lena bar

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2005, 09:49:45 AM »
Last night was the last time I will drive 40 miles to go see her.  She told all of us to get out of her site and not come back.  I know this is the meds doing this, and they have taken her off of all of it, so I am waiting for it to wear off.  The next time I see her, she will be back in town and in the physical thearopy room here.  My sister and I both and my father all got this from her.  So instead of upsetting her with us being there, we will wait till the meds wear off.  I have never seen her like this in my life. :o :o :o

Offline ITDASH

• AKA: Bad Lisa
  • Administrator
  • Dinosaur!
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2005, 08:08:19 AM »
Amy sweetie as many times as I talked to you this wekend I dint have a clue you had all of this going on ! my prayers are with you !!! and once the meds wear off she will be back to normal ! if you need me dont hesitate to call, Im at home to day recouperating lol
:P   Lisa Downs   :P
TEXAS  God Bless Texas TEXAS

Offline Rita Barnett

• Elite Member
  • Rita & Willows Starduster ( Booger Dan )
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2005, 09:30:05 AM »
Its hard to see them like this and hard to understand   but most of it she will not remember   and you'll forget  about it too.   Just hand it over to God and he'll take care of It!   and If you need to yell at someone  and have a good fit   I'm  here.

doc o lena bar

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2005, 02:07:33 PM »
Thanks for everything.  She is home, well back in town at our local hospital for her exerises.  She'll be there for 20 days.  She is her normal self, laughing and cutting up with all of us.  Smiling and does not remember a thing.  Now I'm ready to go chase some cans.  its been almost 3 weeks, and I'm chomping at the bit to get out.  I hope my hauling partner is ready for us to head out of Stephenville in about a week.  I will probably drive her crazy on the way down.  She will be ready to kick me out of the truck.

I am going to finally get to go to practice night in Graham on Thursday and boy, will I be ready for that.  Just anything to get away from here for a bit.

Thanks again for all the prayers you sent.  They really helped. (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline ITDASH

• AKA: Bad Lisa
  • Administrator
  • Dinosaur!
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2005, 02:19:57 PM »
I dont think you could run your hauling partner off with a stick !!! she is one awsome lady !!  (((((((HUGS))))))))
:P   Lisa Downs   :P
TEXAS  God Bless Texas TEXAS