8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: LITTLE GIRL AT BBR FINALS  (Read 6899 times)

Offline quarterhorsemom

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
LITTLE GIRL AT BBR FINALS
« on: January 24, 2005, 11:24:40 AM »
AS YOU ALL KNOW I AM NEW TO THE WORLD OF BARREL RACING IN THE LOCAL AREA. BUT MY DAUGHTER AND I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO ATTEND THE BBR WORLD FINALS WITH OUR HORSE TRAINER THIS PAST WEEKEND. THE CREW FROM ITALY WAS SO NICE. IT WAS A PLEASURE TO MEET THEM AND TALK WITH THEM. ALSO, THE STIENHOFF GIRLS ARE WONDERFUL, I  LOVED WATCHING THEM RUN. IT IS AMAZING HOW MANY PEOPLE WATCH THEM RACE AND THEN LEAVE THE STANDS. THIER PARENTS HAVE TO BE SO PROUD OF THEM. BUT I WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY KNEW THE NAME OF THE LITTLE GIRL WHO RODE ON A BIG BAY HORSE AND SHE WORE FANCY LITTLE SHIRTS ALL WEEKEND. SHE WAS SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH. I JUST NEVER CAUGHT HER NAME. I ONLY GOT TO WATCH HER RUN ON SUNDAY IN THE FINALS, AND I SAW HER IN LINE TO GET A CHECK I WAS JUST TOO TIMID TO GO UP AND ASK HER HER NAME OR WERE SHE WAS FROM. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY KNEW WHO SHE WAS AND WHERE SHE WAS FROM. SHE WAS TOO CUTE. WELL THANKS TOO ALL WHO HELPED PUT THE BBR ON AND GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR. I HOPE THAT MAYBE WE CAN JOIN YOU AND RIDE WITH EVERYBODY NEXT YEAR IN OKLAHOMA.

Offline lilbit

• Bittie Master of Mischievous
  • Posse Member
  • Fossil
    • http://www.myspace.com/txcanchaser74
Re: LITTLE GIRL AT BBR FINALS
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 01:48:11 PM »
I was not there but I'm pretty sure you are asking about Kellady Johnson from Spring,Texas. Little blonde hair cute as can be little girl.  SHE LOVES BLING BLING!! I know that she placed in the finals.
Stefanie Medland

Offline quarterhorsemom

• Novice Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 01:56:04 PM »
WELL THANK YOU LILBIT FOR THE INFORMATION. SHE IS THE CUTEST THING AND SHE IS ALWAYS DRESSED SO CUTE. ID DI NOT NOTICE IF ANYBODY ELSE FROM THIS AREA MADE IT BACK TO FINALS AND PLACED. DO YOU KNOW OF ANYBODY ELSE THAT WOULD RIDE WITH US AROUND HERE? IS SAW WHERE RODEOMOM HAD GOTTEN ON THE FORUM AND WISHED GOOD LUCK TO HER KIDS MIKE AND JACI, DID THEY PLACE? WELL I GUESS THAT I COULD JUST CHECK ONLINE. WELL THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION.

Offline ITDASH

• AKA: Bad Lisa
  • Administrator
  • Dinosaur!
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 02:17:13 PM »
quarterhorsemom, I didnt know her name either but she is an awsome littel girl to watch !! I saw her run in the finals too WOW  what a rider !!  wish i could have got to meet you and your little girl gosh I met SO many people I will never remember who all I did meet lmao, what a fantastic race I had a blast ! The BBR people worked so hard to make it a well run great race for everyone involved and isnt it amazing the folks from Italy that still blows my mind they came all this way !
I do know of a board buddy that did well in the finals  Dash for Cash CC was only 2 holes out of a check in the 1-d
 CONGRATS  CC !!!!!!!!!!
our own Destry riding Laura horse got a check in the consolation race  too CONGRATS  Destry and Grinder !!!
:P   Lisa Downs   :P
TEXAS  God Bless Texas TEXAS

Offline roany

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 02:29:24 PM »
The Italians came to OKC to the futurity in December.  They also have gone to Augusta Georgia to the
NBHA World Show. They borrowed a horse from me back in 2002 for the NBHA World Show and made it back to the finals.  So they have been over here many times before. I just dont think anyone has really
recognized them the way BBR did.  They really get into the Barrel Racing.  It is much different over in
Italy than here.  At there shows the stands are packed with people.  It is very expensive over there
for their futurities and barrel races. My brother worked over there for 3 years and has sold about 25 or
30 head of horses to them.  I was fortunate to be able and go over in 2000 and 2001 and compete in
their futurities while my brother was working and training over there.  It was a real experience.

justropeit

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 02:44:25 PM »
Love all the great posts from BBR!  Congrats to all the winners and contestants from everywhere.

LET THE DIRT FLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Born to Dash CC

• My wonderful dog Jake we will miss you buddy!!
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 03:33:15 PM »
I had a really fun time at the BBR finals.  I did not win any money but I got a breastcollar that was lovely for being two holes out of the 2-D in Barn 6.  My horse acted sore all weekend and did not perform up to par.  He did however place 22 in the finals unfornutely we did not get a check but I was really proud of him cause he has only been running since May. 

I do however want to take all the PRODUCERS and helpers who put on this event.  It was ran so smooth from the BFA crew checking in and Buz Post crew helping unload.  The wonderful D&G ground crew who are the best at that.  Central 4-d and Speedhorse for the amazing job they did in the office.  My hats off to each and everyone who helped put that on.  It was a wonderful very enjoyable barrel race. 

ITDASH it was wonderful to meet to at the very last minute I am hoping we get more time to visit, and thanks for the tip of coming up earlier on Thursday.  That helped me out!!!

Thanks, Charlotte C.
My motto is from the movie Top Gun "I feel the need the need for speed!"

Offline arena-ratsmom

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2005, 07:03:54 PM »
WELL THANK YOU LILBIT FOR THE INFORMATION. SHE IS THE CUTEST THING AND SHE IS ALWAYS DRESSED SO CUTE. ID DI NOT NOTICE IF ANYBODY ELSE FROM THIS AREA MADE IT BACK TO FINALS AND PLACED. DO YOU KNOW OF ANYBODY ELSE THAT WOULD RIDE WITH US AROUND HERE? IS SAW WHERE RODEOMOM HAD GOTTEN ON THE FORUM AND WISHED GOOD LUCK TO HER KIDS MIKE AND JACI, DID THEY PLACE? WELL I GUESS THAT I COULD JUST CHECK ONLINE. WELL THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION.
I was not there but I'm pretty sure you are asking about Kellady Johnson from Spring,Texas. Little blonde hair cute as can be little girl. SHE LOVES BLING BLING!! I know that she placed in the finals.
Thanks for the nice words about my daughter Kellady. And yes Lilbit is right, she loves the BLING!
I just wanted to say what a great time we had also! All the busy bees buzzing around in the golf carts made getting moved into your stalls a breeze. I know all of you worked very hard, and it is much appreciated.
    It was great to meet ITDASH, and put a face with the screen name.
A big THANKS for a great show!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ITDASH

• AKA: Bad Lisa
  • Administrator
  • Dinosaur!
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2005, 07:10:30 PM »
oh my gosh  that was YOUR lil girl !!1 duh me !   she wasnt with you when we met so it didnt dawn on me lol  gosh she is awsome !!!! you have to be so proud !!!!  maybe one day I can ride as good as her lmao
:P   Lisa Downs   :P
TEXAS  God Bless Texas TEXAS

Offline arena-ratsmom

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2005, 07:37:17 PM »
oh my gosh that was YOUR lil girl !!1 duh me ! she wasnt with you when we met so it didnt dawn on me lol gosh she is awsome !!!! you have to be so proud !!!! maybe one day I can ride as good as her lmao
I don't know that she's all that. But thank you, yes I am very proud. It was great meeting you!

Offline lilbit

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2005, 08:21:06 AM »
I'm glad that she lives close cause it is always fun to see what she is wearing or even what she has on her horse.  arena-ratsmom, are ya'll going to Megans benefit barrel race saturday?
Stefanie Medland

Offline arena-ratsmom

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2005, 05:15:10 PM »
Thanks Lilbit. I do not know yet if we will be able to make it, still a little tired from last weekend. Hopefully we'll see ya there, if not then we'll see ya soon.

Offline Julie

• Mega Member
  • Honey I Got The Cash
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2005, 05:32:05 PM »
She is a cutie!   <:)
Sometimes what's  right isn't always popular and what's popular isn't always right.

Offline cowgirlsrule87

• Veteran Member
  • Me at the 2005 THSRA Finals
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2005, 10:25:00 PM »
I'm glad that she lives close cause it is always fun to see what she is wearing or even what she has on her horse.  arena-ratsmom, are ya'll going to Megans benefit barrel race saturday?

what benefit saturday can i come?
The Epps Girls!!!

Offline lilbit

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2005, 11:36:58 AM »
Yes you goofy girl!!   <()>It is a benefit barrel race for Megan Comstock. They will have an open 4-d and then a playday afterwards. Not sure on the time that it starts. JC and I will be there...Matt is leaving for Lake Charles and then that night he will be up at Hitchcock, so after the barrel race I'm heading to Hitchcock if you want to ride with me.   ( i think)
Stefanie Medland