8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: 19yr old girl abducted from WalMart in Tyler  (Read 5977 times)

Offline playindueces

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: 19yr old girl abducted from WalMart in Tyler
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2005, 02:53:28 PM »
 I lived in Stanton about a year and a half ago. Loads of Prayers for her family. 
Pam

Downthealley

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2005, 11:48:22 PM »
I am from Tyler and it makes me sick to still read this! My best friend from school still lives there and I cant imagine if this had of been her. I dont recall which wal mart it was but still.. just creeps me out

Prayers to the family!

Offline ITDASH

• AKA: Bad Lisa
  • Administrator
  • Dinosaur!
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2005, 08:09:19 AM »
I saw on the news where they have caught the guy in Az after a botched robbery attempt he is fighting extridition back to Texas wonder if its because we BELIEVE in the death penalty for scumbags like this??
:P   Lisa Downs   :P
TEXAS  God Bless Texas TEXAS

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2005, 08:30:00 AM »
I saw on the news where they have caught the guy in Az after a botched robbery attempt he is fighting extridition back to Texas wonder if its because we BELIEVE in the death penalty for scumbags like this??

All this scumbag is doing is prolonging Texas picking him up and bringing him here.........using more of our tax dollars..........it (extradition) only ties it up in court for a little while there. I'm sure he's hoping that stalling will make it not so fresh on everyone's minds..............NOT!
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

Offline TX_CN_CRSHR

• Extreme Member
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2005, 08:56:47 AM »
I really think that Wal-Mart dropped the bag on this one.  It was the new Wal-Mart Supercenter on Hwy 64 in Tyler.  I have worked for that Wal-Mart before they moved, and it is NOT in a good area of town to start with.

I know that last Friday night they held a candle light vigle (sp??) and Wal-Mart would not let the local TV station film any of it because of "privacy reasons".  I think they know they have thier "hiney" in a crack and dont' want to fall any further down in it.  Before this is over, there will more than likely be a law suit.

I also feel that from the news reports I have seen since they caught the  (XXX)  (XXX)  (XXX), that he is getting ready for an insanity defense.  I didn't even think about the death penalty thing until I read it here, but that is probably true too.

I think they need some old timey justice and just take him out behind the barn and hang him in the big oak tree!    <:)

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2005, 09:11:37 AM »
He HAS to come back to Texas for a trial no matter how long he fights extradition. The crime ocurred in Texas........death penalty and all! He can say he's insane all he wants but that won't fly...........hasn't his Mom and their pastor already gone on TV saying this was completely out of character for him? So maybe they will try to say he was high on drugs..........too bad.........he made that choice and he didn't give that poor girl the choice to live......... *:)
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

Offline TX_CN_CRSHR

• Extreme Member
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2005, 12:50:04 PM »
His pastor is his DAD!  Yes, they have both said that.  I am sure that it will have to be moved out of Smith County because of all the publicity it is getting here.  The judge (Kent) has already issued a gag order on the case.

I also found out this morning that the girl's dad is my UPS man.

Offline canchaser253

• Elite Member
  • Shelby Nicole
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2005, 03:47:41 PM »
Wow, this really creeps me out. kinda reminds me of that feeling that someones watching you. Im such a chicken that someone is goin to do that to me, it seems like every few steps i take I always turn around, even before this happened. Or when I get home late from a barrel race or am late from feeding, I always talk on the phone lol Better be safe that sorry!
Dont try and be a bad@$$ over the keyboard.