8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Canchaser  (Read 5209 times)

Downthealley

Canchaser
« on: February 01, 2005, 11:56:40 AM »
Just wanted to let you know that this weekend at our rodeo, I had someone else riding my new horse and while he was, someone called him to the fence to ask him to put a price on her. OMG  I about fell out when Troy told me that. Shes coming along very nicely.. Troy rides all kinds of horses and really likes her and thhinks shes one of the smartest horses hes ever been on.  8)

Offline canchaser

• Sharon (smith) McCallum
  • Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Canchaser
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 12:11:38 PM »
That doesn't surprise me. Every time i pulled her out of the trailer someone was wanting a price tag on her.
she is VERY smart, maybe too smart! lol i'm glad you like her! koti loves red!
how do people get thru life without a horse?
"...I've been around and I've found that the going's easy when the road is flat... God gave us mountains so we could learn how to climb..."..Lone Star

Downthealley

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 12:18:33 PM »
Troy hadnt ever seen her up close and when he pulled her out of the barn he had to saddle her for me, and he was commenting on how nice she looked and if she was for sale. I told him of course not but he still rode her for me while I timed the rodeo. He asked her to do lots of things and he fell in love. Then that guy asked to put a price on her. Troy is a  champion heeler at congress and 7 time world champion in teh palamino horse show association (whatever its called) and she is built like his heel horse. Im thinking that maybe she'll be a jam up heel horse if Mark or Troy will just start her and finish her out. she is just savvy on anything that you ask her to do. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR BRINGING HER TO ME!

how is Red? did Koti run anywhere this weekend?

Offline canchaser

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 12:39:25 PM »
you're very welcome! lol i'm just glad you two get along and she has such a good home.
red is great! doing well. seems to be over whatever it was that was bugging him. she ran him at the high school rodeo this weekend. they had quite a bobble on the first barrel (koti's mind set still i think) but it was a solid run and showed improvement over what's come so far this year! which is all i'm after at this point. when they get to where they need to be THEN i'll start asking her for more. what's so great about HIM is that he's not even firing between barrels yet, so i know they have LOTS of time to shave off. it'll all be good before long. i think i'm going to go ahead and sell the grey horse, though. he's just standing around eating and going for rides. i don't have time to run him with koti doing high school, and me working two jobs, and the weather as sucky as it is. clay has two colts, one of which i'd really like to start, and my older daughter has a reg'd paint filly she wants me to start and sell for her. so my plate is a bit FULL at this point and at this point, there's no sense in him going to waste! it was a hard decision for me to make because i really want to be selfish with him.
"...I've been around and I've found that the going's easy when the road is flat... God gave us mountains so we could learn how to climb..."..Lone Star

Downthealley

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 12:45:55 PM »
Im so glad that they are getting along as well. After they get the first barrel down (which was always my hang up) I think theyll be a hard team to beat. He is just easy going and will not harm a fly! Thats why I love him so much. Just always keep me updated on their progress. If anytime they are running near here, call me. Or if Im ever headed to D'field for hte weekend, Ill call.

yes she has a great home here, none of the other horses bother her. And the one horse that hates anything new on the place, Belle-Marks mare.... them two are big buddies now. so needless to say, the boys out there have no chance! lol

I love her to death, I just wish it would dry up to where I can take her to the arena and actually set up the pattern and see what she can do.

Offline canchaser

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 12:59:13 PM »
well, when and if the sun ever does come back out for a few days, let me know what you think. she's quick. about all you really have to do for her is rate her at her barrel.

Downthealley

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 01:13:25 PM »
how far along would you say she is?

Offline canchaser

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 01:49:08 PM »
she is very comfortable and in total control at a fast jog. she was coming along at a lope, but still trying to hurry her turns a bit. take your time and you'll have a very nice horse. just sit your butt down!! when that little scamp comes around she does it QUICK!

Downthealley

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 01:51:32 PM »
lol, she'll prolly dump my big rear!

Offline canchaser

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 02:19:47 PM »
i let her breeze thru pretty good once and she dumped mine ---- ONCE!!! EMBARASSED then i set my butt down all thru the turn!!! LOL (woohoo)

Downthealley

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2005, 02:21:35 PM »
 rofl     j/k... Im sorry, lol

Offline canchaser

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2005, 02:33:02 PM »
i laughed at the time because i had just told koti and marcey she was going to turn out from under me one day and they were like yeah, right! no way!
i wasn't laughing the next day when i hurt!!!! roflmao!

Downthealley

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2005, 02:38:08 PM »
is Marcey the one that was at cleburne with you?

Offline canchaser

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2005, 04:32:48 PM »
no, that was tara. she's a sweetheart too. i just have so MANY sweet sweet friends.

Downthealley

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2005, 11:03:28 PM »
who was with you at Buz?? ya know, when Rilee was like 6weeks old?