8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: Sept 27, 2009 Update  (Read 9108 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Sept 27, 2009 Update
« on: September 27, 2009, 12:56:24 PM »
Well it has been a long haul this yr with Benjamin.    When we dropped his antivirals last Dec and I finally agreed to letting go of the MB12 shots Benjamin took a nose dive.   One that has taken us months to recover from.   Things started going down hill in Feb and March, Dr Stewart felt like he had gotten the Flu and he just couldnt kick it.  So we put him on Tamiflu and returned to the MB12 shots (thank God!)  and started him back on his other antivirals.   Things started looking better but we just werent getting back to where we were.   Personally I hate to go backwards, it scalds my butt to have that happen but each day we just put one foot in front of the other and move on.  

Im pretty excited right now because of course I have been doing extensive research this yr and trying to figure out how to help this childs body to do what it is supposed to.   We have made some headway.    Boy we are in the early stages of it right now, and due to the fact that I am also taking Benjamin to a ND it has helped me to help him when things slide backwards.   The ND uses a Zyto machine (an energetic medicine tool) that is able to look at what is going on in Benjamins body at any particular time and the ND also runs his current medicines against the machine to see if Benjamins body is utilizing them.   I have made some changes in his meds after using the Zyto on him a couple of times.   We saw some nice gains.   Very Interesting stuff!!!!!

Anyway, back in the summer Dr Stewart told me he wanted to take Benjamin off of the Vanderbilt protocol and I was not happy about that, and reminded him we were just now making head way after removing stuff at the end of last yr and beginning of this yr.   He told me I have to decide am I going to heal or kill.   Ouch!!!!!  Got to love him though, he is really straight forward.   We talked a great deal and I told him my suspicions and he told me his.    Its funny how we are almost always on the same track.  

I felt like Benjamin was having a problem with his mythelation cycle and that we were either looking at a faucet open concept or a blocked concept.   Of course I liked his analogy best, he said he felt like it was more of a horse stepping on the water hose concept (He is a horse owner and rides).  This spurred me to go ahead and get Benjamins genetic testing done so we would have a MUCH better picture of where the problems were stimming from.  

Now 6 weeks ago I took Benjamin back to Waco to have them use the microcurrent machine on him (no Im not going to explain that, dont have all day, got Benjamin's massage therapist going to be here shortly).   Anyway, told her I wanted her to concentrate on inflamation, so she did it on chronic inflamation and regular inflamation and WOW.   When we got home that day, Benjamin went and got in the pool and floated on his BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (We posted pics somewhere on a thread)  Man I loooovvvvveeeee break throughs like that!!!!!!    Give me more, give me more, give me more (Im greedy when it comes to break throughs with Benjamin).  So naturally I called and made another appointment immediately.   Well he can only have those treatments every 6 weeks (wellllll crap!!!!! not what I wanted to hear!).   But, he goes back this week, Yahoooooo.   Cant wait, but I realize we may not always see that kind of response from therapies, but I still dream of him talking to me and I know it can happen.    

Anyhoo, I have also added Reflexology to his regimen this summer and I think it has added to the mix also.   The reflexologist is a really cool lady.   She is an RN and used to be in Pediatric ICU (think that is what it is called) and something changed her life and she looks at healing completely different now.   Very interesting lady.   Now, she gave me a book to read by a Dr who is a friend of hers and it is awesome.   I have been researching lots of stuff this yr and his book pulled a lot of it together for me.   Ive recently made some adjustments to Benjamins supps and diet because of it and WOW we are seeing some cool things because of it.   Of course I got his genetic test back and Dr Stewart and I are right about what is going on so now I am on the course of providing more of the things that will help his body do what it is supposed to.   It isnt an answer all results but it definitely is enlightening.   Its really weird that I got that test back, found the reflexologist and she told me about her Dr friend and his research and Dr Stewart's research have kind of all come together right now.    Im very excited!!!!!!!!!!  

Of course I got greedy last week and started Benjamin on 2 more of the recommended supps from the G test and it threw him overboard so I had to yank them after one day and use the herbs and glutathione run (alternate them every 10 minutes for about an hr) to pull him back out of it.   He went into a rage.   From everything that I have been studying his chemical process was not allowing the control of dopamine in his body and that is what throws him out of wake and we see rages.   I can assure you that is a very short version of what goes on but you get the picture.   But I love that the ND gave me the ability to jump start the leveling out process, the herb and the glutathione push the liver into overdrive to get things back to a good functioning level.   Gotta go the massage therapist is here......  Will update again later
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
Re: Sept 27, 2009 Update
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 01:10:53 PM »
I really enjoyed talking with you Friday about lots of this.  Your reports are great, but to hear the pride in your voice when you aretalking a breakthroughs with Benjamin is awesome!!!!

By the way, did the genetic testing reveal that his mother is a schitzophrenic (sp) like the government study says is the main cause of autism??!!!!!  lol
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 06:57:16 PM »
Now where is the tongue sticking out icon when you need it.   Oh and that is a NO Katy, it revealed that it comes from the fathers side!!!!!!!!  He He ;D
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 04:37:35 PM »
Hardy har
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline cominupthealley

• Mega Member
    • Butler Performance Horses
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 04:01:06 PM »
I admire you and your efforts for your son. If I had means it would all go to Autistic Research and Alzhiemers Research. I did an article once on a riding therapy school no visit to anyplace has ever made such an impact on me.
"When a dream is in you so bright it shines out your eyes, you best give it rein." Louis Lamour