8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Need Advice  (Read 2329 times)

Offline BrownEyesAfire

• Veteran Member
  • Rodeo Diva!
Need Advice
« on: February 03, 2005, 08:48:15 PM »
Alright I want some HONEST opinions here. I am thinking about getting a magnetic blanket for my horse. I really think that he would benefit from it especially like over the July 4th when I am going to a lot of rodeos. But then there is the other side of me that says that is a LOT of money to spend. So what do ya'll think? Do you have one? Do you use it? Can you see a difference? Would you advice me to get one?
Everything happens for a reason!

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
Re: Need Advice
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 09:10:20 PM »
I have one and use it as much as I can when we're hauling hard. I have an EquiMag blanket. I think it helps with muscle soreness....or at least I hope it does. They ain't cheap!! I'd hate to know I spent that much on a fly sheet  <CRYING> SG that posts here and on BHW alot knows all kings of info on magnetic therapy. She gave me tons of info. If you don't get much feedback you might PM her. When I took Pug to Los Colinas I asked Dr Williams about magnets. He said he works on jumpers that live in them and he said his jumper people swear by them. I would like to get the bell boots. I've heard alot of good things about them.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau

Offline BrownEyesAfire

• Veteran Member
  • Rodeo Diva!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 09:17:04 PM »
Thanks Whit. I have also been looking at the tendon wraps. But they aren't cheap either.
Everything happens for a reason!

Offline Julie

• Mega Member
  • Honey I Got The Cash
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 10:18:20 PM »
I have an Infinity blanket that I think what is now PHT (but not sure)   I didn't see any difference until one day I was driving to San Antonio which is about a 5 hour drive(including stops) from my house.  I stopped half way to let the horse out and for us to eat and my horse was sky high.  I put the blanket on for the remainder of the trip and when I got to SA, I took my horse out and I  thought he was sick.  His head was hanging and he acted like he had been drugged.  My assumption is the blanket must have really relaxed him to the point of almost falling asleep.  I have not used it much on my new horse so I can't really tell what affect it has with him.  I have also been told by a vet that mag blankets are helpful,  but his suggestion is not to use them too much a day.  He didn't really give me a time...maybe that depends on the horse and what he needs it for.  My husband has had trouble with his wrist after he broke it a couple of years ago and while we were at the NFR this past year, we talked with a man that had magnetic jewelery.  He convinced him to try it and he noticed a difference in his wrist that night.  My husband is not the type to wear bracelets, so I know it must really help him for him to wear it around other "guys"
It is a large investment.  I think more people would have them (mag blankets and accessories) if it wasn't for the cost. But that's JMO.
Sometimes what's  right isn't always popular and what's popular isn't always right.

Offline cocoabean

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 09:12:30 PM »
I have an infinity also, and I believe in it.  I think it helps muscle soreness, recovery time, and also helps my horses to relax.  I think anytime you increase circulation, it is a good thing.  I use it alot when they are going to be in the trailer for a long time or I am running them more than once a weekend.  I start using it toward the end of the week, putting it on whenever they are up, and use it through the weekend when I am hauling hard.  Well worth the money in my opinion, just take care of it and it will pay off.