8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: And the Stupidity starts!!  (Read 4083 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
And the Stupidity starts!!
« on: October 28, 2010, 10:47:54 AM »
I can ASSURE you, I trust NO GOV employee to tell me how or what I should eat......   GRRRRRRRRRRR  >:(

Baltimore Hands Out First Trans Fat Citation
Trans Fats Banned From Facilities In 2009

POSTED: 7:30 pm EDT October 25, 2010
UPDATED: 11:33 am EDT October 26, 2010

BALTIMORE -- The Baltimore City Health Department issued its first environmental citation for repeat violations of the city's trans fat ban.

The Health Department issued Healthy Choice, a food facility in the 400 block of Lexington Street, a $100 fine on Thursday.

"It was the second time they were found with a high trans fat level in their ingredients," said Health Department agent Juan Gutierrez.

Officials said that during inspections in July and this month, the facility was found to be using a margarine product with trans fat levels in excess of what the law allows.

The law banning food facilities from serving or selling non-prepackaged food items containing 0.5 grams or more of trans fats went into effect in September 2009.

"While we are pleased with the high rates of compliance we've seen since the ban took effect, we will continue to sanction businesses that repeatedly fail to comply."
- Dr. Oxiris Barbot, Commissioner of Health

"They originally had a margarine that was above 3 grams, actually, which is very high compared to the .5 that is allowed. Then when we came back and they had replaced it, they replaced it with one that was 2 grams, so it still was too high," Gutierrez said.

The facility discarded the products in both instances, health officials said.

"I think they're doing it right. They're doing what they have to do," Healthy Choice owner Ki Jeong said.

Jeong said he will abide by the decision but said the new margarine will cost him double what the original type costs.

Trans fats are artificial fats that are known to elevate bad cholesterol and cause heart disease, according to health officials. Studies have indicated that trans fats are responsible for as many as 30,000 premature deaths in the U.S. each year.

The city said it has worked with bakeries to come up with alternatives to using trans fats.

"While we are pleased with the high rates of compliance we've seen since the ban took effect, we will continue to sanction businesses that repeatedly fail to comply," said Commissioner of Health Dr. Oxiris Barbot.

The Health Department said more than 100 Baltimore restaurants have received warnings since the ban went into effect.

Agents said that if restaurants don't make changes after a citation is issue, the establishment could be shut down.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline BECKY H

• Veteran Member
Re: And the Stupidity starts!!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 09:12:26 PM »
What the hell!

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 07:07:10 AM »
Exactly
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline LUV2BRUNINCANS

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 09:01:44 AM »
Hey, but Genetically Modified Foods is A.O.K. and that will be shoved down our throats, or better yet, will be hid from us on the food labels.  I'm thinking I'm going to have to make time in my busy schedule to start growing a garden, so I know what my family is eating.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 09:26:35 AM »
yup

Offline LUV2BRUNINCANS

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 09:59:32 AM »
Tamet, did you see the Dr. Mercola report on the man the Dr's said there was no hope for pull the plug, and the family got a court order for the hospital to administer Vit C through I.V. and he was cured?  That is just astonishing, and how medical professionals ignore the obvious everyday is just beyond me.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 10:03:58 AM »
yup read it this morning, started to post just figured everybody would roll their eyes at me posting it.
 ;D