8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: R.I.P. PLAY PARTY My First Horse I had her for 29 yrs.  (Read 5136 times)

Offline MMRANCH02

• Dinosaur!
  • Prov. 3:5,6-TRUST in the Lord with ALL your heart
Re: R.I.P. PLAY PARTY My First Horse I had her for 29 yrs.
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2010, 09:46:06 AM »
I am so very sorry for your loss and the circumstances surrounding it. Just keep in mind that she is not suffering anymore and that you did the best by her that you could. How blessed you both were to spend so may years together. :*(

Ditto, very well said.  So sorry for your loss.
Miriam Mize

The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a [wo-]man; Winston Churchill

I never want to look back at my life and say, "I wish I had . . .";

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2010, 10:39:40 AM »
Many prayers for you guys! Just think about all the wonderful years you guys were blessed with Party. She lived a long happy life! HUGS!

Offline Lou

• Elite Member
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2010, 10:54:13 AM »
Prayers for your loss
Blessed are the Peacemakers

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2010, 12:39:58 PM »
Prayers to you on the loss of your friend.. My biggest fear is something happen (I too have a 33 yr old) and not be able to get him loaded or to a vet.. I don't have a "local" vet who will make barn calls... and heaven forbid you call after hours or a weekend... they wont even return a phone call!!  Thats why I drive over an hour to a vet who will be there for you.. He even called in a prescription for kitty antibiotics for a sick kitty I had he'd never even seen!
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline kcameron

• Fossil
  • I love my Willie
    • KSK CUSTOM HOBBIES
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2010, 03:20:45 PM »
RIP Play Party !! So awesome you had her for so long ! So sorry for your loss !!!

Offline LUV2RIDE

• Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 09:09:43 PM »
So sorry for your loss. 

Offline OldCanChaser

• Elite Member
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 09:28:13 PM »
we tried 7 different mobile vets.. and not ONE of them returned our call.. wait, Dr. Vogt did, but his truck is broke down, and he had no way to get to us... Finally, Dustin Fields, from Eagle Mountain, left his office with waiting dogs, to come out and help us.  She had already passed, but he checked her for us, and told me he was sorry, hugged me, and didnt even charge me for coming out here...Lakeside Vet clinic, less than ONE BLOCK away from me, wouldnt even come out.. he doesnt do large animals, and wouldnt even think about helping us.. He use to do large animals, but stopped.... So, my mare laid there for almost 2 hrs.. and was suffering..... I am so mad at some of these vets.... Some didnt even return my phone calls, nor Lyndas phone calls..... Now, at 7am I have an appointment to have our 12 yr old boxer put to sleep.  He cant walk, he has lost all control of his hips, and now his left front leg, isnt working right either.... I cant let him suffer.  Im ready to get rid of all horses and dogs!!.. Im so done.. cant take anymore

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2010, 11:06:38 PM »
I'm very sorry for your loss.  I know that it won't help know, and I'm just now getting on to read this, but from the sounds of it, it may have been strangles.  A few years back I knew of 2 horses that got it, and one of them was mine, and the other was a very young mare that I took care of.  She had almost the same symptoms as your mare, and she almost didn't make it.  She wouldn't eat, would barely drink, would have this nasty snot that would come out of her nose, the only way she made it was from being tubed with water and oil, and I'm sure the younger age was on her side as well.  I know it's a very hard thing to loose such a special horse.  I hope that time will help to heal the pain, and that you'll always remember the good times with her.
My faith is the evidence of things unseen.
The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2010, 08:28:04 PM »
Just saw this thread.  I am soo sorry for your loss.  Time can be our worst enemy, it does take away our best friends.  But don't stop loving people and animals just becasue it hurts.  Be thankful that you loved them so  much it does hurt.  To love and be loved is a very great gift.  I would be hugging on your neck if I was there with you, my deepest sympathy to you.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline LeLamb051772

• Dinosaur!
    • Double RR Quarter Horses
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2010, 09:05:08 AM »
I'm so sorry for your loss...we too have an older one....she's 27 and Emily and all of us will be heartbroken when it's time...
I'm so sorry that no vet could help you...
When you kneel before the Lord, you can stand before anything

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2010, 09:37:35 AM »
 i am so sorry to hear this  and now your boxer i had boxers for years so i also feel your pain there too. they are such wonderful dogs. lots of prayers your way.

"LET HIM RUN"

Offline Waitin on Cross

• Mega Member
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2010, 04:02:50 PM »
I am very sorry for your oss. Just thinking about it makes me think about my Cross i can't imagine lossing her and I pray I have as many good years with her as you did with yours! Prayers for a healing heart!
ASHLEY NELSON