8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Re: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2010, 06:41:56 AM »
We had a good time.   Got to visit with Mel, Caye and lots of others. 
Some money was raised for Richard.
Final did good in-spite of me and it was a wonderful day as far as I'm concerned.   ;D
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline gobabygo

• Fossil
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2010, 08:16:34 AM »
Congrats!!

Offline 4BSRanch

• Elite Member
  • My Sadie!
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2010, 09:00:10 AM »
Tamet,
What have you done to help him go in better?
Have faith in the Lord your God and you will be upheld

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2010, 09:35:35 AM »
Final is a very nervous horse so I do my best to keep him quiet.   Normally you will find us away from the alley and in a quiet spot until they call my name.    I dont do the loping and trotting thing at the show.   I walk him in a circle both ways, use my inside leg to make him pick his belly up and cross over and that is it.  Keeping him quiet is one of his keys.  He will normally pick a spot and stop.  Lots of times it is in a corner somewhere.   This makes him feel more secure.   Most people will tease me about, "Whats he in the corner about, time out?"  Nope, he can relax and keep his heart rate down.   I do the same thing with him every time.   This also keeps me more relaxed and allows me time to focus and concentrate on what I should be doing.   The better I am at my job during the run the better he is at everything else.   It has built some trust here lately between us.    Final is not one to trust people.    I dont really know why but he just isnt.   Thats why I carry a bunch of horse cookies around, I bribe him!!!!   He is becoming a cookie monster.

But Boy are we havin some fun now!!!!!!   ;D
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.