ebarrelracing.com forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 03:36:57 AM
:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Helmets?  (Read 3257 times)

emilee875

• Novice Member
Helmets?
« on: May 08, 2011, 06:00:59 PM »

Well to start off, i used to ride english about 4 or 5 years ago When i was about 8 or 9, and as yall all know english riders always wear the helmets in their shows. So for the last 5 or 6 years i have been ridin western (so much better! english was horrible it almost felt like you were hurtin the horse). And i have just started barrels. Before i did trails and i practiced alot of ropin and cattle drivin.  But anyways im about to do my first show at the beginin of next month with my horse amber. Shes my first horse ive ever owned. Bein able to do it aint no problem we beat everyone else when were practicin. But i guess when i did english my parents got hooked on the helmet thing. For what ever odd reason i still have to wear it when i practice. Im fine with that but i dont really like the idea of doin a show with it, but my mom wants me to and my dad doesnt want me to. I mean if your doin somethin that requires a helmet then your takin a risk anyway and a helmet really isnt gonna save you from a broken neck. Whats yalls opinion? 

runncans

• Extreme Member
Re: Helmets?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 06:25:01 PM »

There are other barrel racers that wear helmets.  If you usually wear one, you will probably me more comfortable in one.

Barrelhorseluver

• Novice Member
Re: Helmets?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 11:32:17 PM »

I agree with the statement above let us no how u do! ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines
GirlyMan Theme by Aku