Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:07:30 PM
Website
:

+  ebarrelracing.com forum
|-+  News
| |-+  Internet Scams & Hoaxes
| | |-+  Scamming the scammers
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Scamming the scammers  ( 4388 )
Bob Gould
Tamet's Husband
Administrator

: Male
: 11,067

« : February 07, 2005, 05:10:32 PM »

I get quite a number of these heart-rending Nigerian 419 scams each week. At one stage I made up a standard response which I used to send back to them, taking the p@#$  out of them with an even more badly-worded response and asking THEM for money!

But a while ago I stumbled across a site that had me rolling on the floor.

Americans had set up a spoof whereby they strung these Nigerians along by
their greedy noses. A favourite ploy was to tell the poor idiot that the
target was very interested in helping them launder the $70-million, but needed to establish bona fides, so would the perp please send by E-mail a picture of himself holding up a placard with the name of the target on it. They have a photo gallery of these Nigerians proudly holding up placards aying "Phil McCrackin" "Phil McCavity" "Phil McCreviss" and similar hilarious 'names'.

How about "Ivannastiff Kockupmianus"?

Are you grinning yet? How about a pic of a Nigerian scamster with a placard saying "Anita Hanchob"

You will laugh 'til you cry. Guaranteed to liven up a dull evening...

http://ebolamonkeyman.com/
http://www.geocities.com/a_kerenx/index.html

Its all bollocks but danged good for a giggle.

I have even been invited to check out the truth about some terrible disaster on an internet site. Crikey Moses, I can build a site with my hands tied behind my back in 5 minutes!
« : February 07, 2005, 09:39:39 PM Bob "Lightining" Gould »

This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling
ITDASH
AKA: Bad Lisa
Administrator

: Female
: 3,496

ebarrelracing.com rocks

« #1 : February 07, 2005, 06:26:17 PM »

there was another site I visited here a while back where a girl who had had a horse for sale decided to run the tables also she sturung this guy along for quite awhile all the while posting all the emails on her web site then at the end she  had him click on one of those bluescreen you links lol it had me rolling for a long time do these folks think we are all so stupid and do people really fall for this stuff ? its so riducles

:P   Lisa Downs   :P
TEXAS  God Bless Texas TEXAS
: [1]  
« previous next »
: