8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Airstream trailer....update*  (Read 20372 times)

Offline the_jersey_lilly_2000

• Mega Member
Airstream trailer....update*
« on: August 22, 2011, 10:20:56 PM »
Ok ya'll, we recently got an airstream trailer. It's a 1964 model. Needs some TLC...and I plan to doll it up some. I have found several websites with pictures of redone trailers....but these two just reached out and grabbed my attention.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:23:35 AM by the_jersey_lilly_2000 »
Animal Element Dealer in South East Texas!!! Your either running with it...or running against it.

Good cowgirls keep their calves together ;)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Re: Airstream trailer....
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 06:55:58 AM »
2nd one is cute, 1st one is not!
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline StaceyK

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 08:41:26 AM »
I agree, lol!  Love the 2nd one!!

• Mega Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 10:25:29 AM »
Haha.....see I like the first one better'n I like the second one. I do think it's a lil overdone tho. But there are alot of things in that trailer that I really like.

2nd one...too much wood. And no idea how it could be attached to the ceiling of a round airstream.
Animal Element Dealer in South East Texas!!! Your either running with it...or running against it.

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 11:21:56 AM »
i like the 2nd one
can't wait till May!!!

• Mega Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 11:45:06 AM »
Here's the bath room in the #1 trailer. I absolutely would put the tin bathtub I already have in it if the space in the bathroom allowed it. But...my trailer's not quite as big as hers.....plus she totally gutted it in her redo.

Offline kcameron

• Fossil
  • I love my Willie
    • KSK CUSTOM HOBBIES
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 01:13:46 PM »
I too like the 2cd one...

Offline charliehorse

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 09:19:13 PM »
ok......... I love the FIRST one!!  with just a little less stuff!   ;D ;D

Offline j2ponies

• Extreme Member
  • Live, while you're alive.!!
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 09:29:10 PM »
There is a group of women that have these trailers. Little ones and they meet and go fly fishing. Off hand I don't remember the name of their group. They decorate them about like these,maybe not as much. More cowgirl..they are really cute. I thought about getting one, but my horse wouldn't let me.I'll try to remember the name~ you know, getting old~ crs~ can't remember squat...ha ha...

Offline j2ponies

• Extreme Member
  • Live, while you're alive.!!
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 09:35:06 PM »
Ok~ it's called  'sisters on the fly'. There are about 1000 of them and they camp, horseback ride, fish. probably any excuse to get out. Some really cute little trailers..Don't guess you'll be doing that.Your horse probably won't let you go either.
just thought I'd share that. Look it up..Cute as can be.

Offline Lou

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 10:00:02 PM »
I looked at the video on Sisters on the Fly..looks like wonderful fun
Blessed are the Peacemakers

Offline burnintheturns

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 08:54:02 AM »
I like the second one better but that is just me.  The first one is cute, too.. . kind of a gypsy look to it.
Still a squeeky wheel. . .

• Mega Member
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 10:22:12 AM »
Yes sisters on the fly is what got me started on wantin a travel trailer. When I was looking thru their website....there was something like 2800 of them all across the united states...that meet up and go fishing. Ended up..we lucked out and found the airstream. Friend of ours had it...and we got it at a great price.

Yes...the first one has alot of stuff in it. I don't wanna go that far with it. But I like alot of the things she's done with it. The lady that has that trailer sells vintage looking 1800's underwear basically. Only to be worn as clothing. Some of it I like...some of it ...well...looks like you left the house in 1800 without finishing dressing. LOL She's known as Magnolia Pearl...if any of you wanna see the rest of her trailer you can google that. There's an article in a magazine that will come up in the google search.

I played this morning...on my photo editing program and made something similar to what I want to paint on the ceiling...to look like tin tiles. Colors aren't exact...and program won't let me make it look like a paint brush. (or I can't make it do that lol )

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 06:04:33 PM »
I love the first one!!!  Maybe a little overdone, but really what's  the point of doing something like that if you don't over do it!!  lol

Jersey Lilly, you go girl, you have my blessings and my heart!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

• Mega Member
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 09:44:30 PM »
Thanks Katy...:) What's really funny.....is those that know me personally know that I'm not a frewwww frewwww kinda girl. Boots and jeans and my hair tied up with a hair clippy 99% of the time. But I do like the lacy frilly stuff....just not on my clothes haha. So for me to look at that and say....oooooo aaahhhhhh....is a shock to most I think. But that's ok.....I don't think I'll go quite that far...I mean for pete's sake...there's rugs on the ceiling!!! hahahaha I'll be doin good to get the paint on the ceiling with out hubby havin to build me a scaffold to lay down on like Michel Angelo had. hehe