8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Airstream trailer....update*  (Read 20369 times)

Offline kaylie

• Novice Member
Re: Airstream trailer....
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 11:49:34 PM »
I am SO in LOVE with the first one!!!! GORGEOUS!!!

Offline SBmom

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 12:13:14 PM »
I don't have the TALENT (!), patience or time to do this but Ms. Lilly could you please keep us updated with a photo-journal!   Sounds like a cool project.

Offline the_jersey_lilly_2000

• Mega Member
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 03:48:00 PM »
Will definately keep ya'll updated with pictures. I'll just add them to this thread as I go.  :)
Animal Element Dealer in South East Texas!!! Your either running with it...or running against it.

Good cowgirls keep their calves together ;)

Offline RUN FOR FUN

• Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 03:56:15 PM »
Well we need before pictures to get us started 

• Mega Member
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 10:08:55 PM »
Ok now...first three pictures are before....Before anything has been done.

No he didn't have too much to drink...he was tryin to see how much work the bathroom is gonna require LOL

Second couch....that I don't think needs to be there. I wanna booth instead.

Few screws removed...and wahlah....it's outta there!!! Along with the yucky carpet and tile.

I've been painting the whole thing with KILZ.....but this weekend I rounded up a few pieces of fabric that I may use when reupholstering the couch...or for pillows...etc.

Ok it's 10:10pm....and it's finally coolin off some outside. I think I'm gonna head out there and paint somemore.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 11:02:33 PM by the_jersey_lilly_2000 »
Animal Element Dealer in South East Texas!!! Your either running with it...or running against it.

• Mega Member
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 10:09:50 AM »
Ok...think I'm gettin ahead of myself with the painting. Sometime in it's previous life someone painted in there and took the time to glob paint onto the aluminum window trim inside. So I think I'll see if I can get those off...and break out the dremil tool, remove the paint and polish them. I just can't make myself continue painting when that yucky paint is still there visible.

Offline runncans

• Extreme Member
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 07:12:05 PM »
Like the 2nd one - looks comfortable, but love the first one - looks vintage.  :)

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

• Mega Member
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 11:26:31 PM »
Well I didn't have a dremil tool bit that would work to polish...so had to do it by hand. 2 windows down...4 more to go. But they look sooo much better. Here's a before and after. Actually an untouched one (left) and one I've polished (right).

• Mega Member
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 12:22:45 AM »
Temps have cooled off significantly....new A/C is gettin serviced...so we have a tarp over the hole. But since it's cooler...I've been out there in the mornings and evenings workin to get things torn out....cleaned up....and painted with KILZ so that I have a clean slate to start with. This evenin took out the couch....and it's a good thing we did...the fresh water storage tank is under it. And it's dry rotted and cracked. So would have been a major wreck if we'da filled it up with water after getting the trailer redone.

Got that done...and finished painting KILZ around the couch wall.

Now for the fun stuff...COLOR!!!!!!

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
Re: Airstream trailer....update*
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 08:47:45 AM »
This little trailer already is cute!  You are an inspiration to those of us who think we want to try this!  but, my problem is where oh where are my barrel horses gonna fit??  Maybe I would need a little trailer for them to pull along behind this one!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

• Mega Member
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 10:22:34 AM »
Since the old refridgerator is questionable. Gas/electric. And no idea if either of that works. We've found a lil bit bigger one that's got seperate freezer and fridge for $75. So since there was no way I was gonna even attempt to fire up the old gas heater in there....we just yanked it out. (I'll use a small electric heater if needed) We're gonna relocate the fridge to the right side of the trailer where the heater was. Then probably put a microwave under the cabinet where the old fridge is. Luckily there's already electricity wired in the right places and we won't have to pull wires to locate a plug.

Offline kcameron

• Fossil
  • I love my Willie
    • KSK CUSTOM HOBBIES
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2011, 01:44:22 PM »
I can not wait to see the finished product..You and your hubby are amazing at the things you can do !!

• Mega Member
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 10:27:58 AM »
We have color!!! Spent most of the day painting in there yesterday. Amazing how such a small area can take that long. But the red required two coats. And there's lots of lines that I have to be real careful and not get paint on the other part.

Offline canchasin Cindy

• Mega Member
  • Ride hard and believe in yourself.
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2011, 11:12:08 AM »
very nice work!  looks good!   i watch hgtv, DIY channels all the time.  they said a couple nights ago that when you want to paint red- use a gray primer and it takes less paint to get the desired red-.. i never knew that before.. (don't mean to be offend anyone!)   i enjoy your projects!
"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy @#!%, what a ride!" Mavis Leyrer age 83

Offline SBmom

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 11:59:05 AM »
Love Love Love the red!