8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Airstream trailer....update*  (Read 20368 times)

Offline the_jersey_lilly_2000

• Mega Member
Re: Airstream trailer....update*
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2011, 01:11:59 PM »
Not offended at all. And I knew a tinted primer would make it easier to cover. But since a quart of KILZ was $10 and a gallon was $20....I figured there would be more projects down the line that I'd need it for...and didn't want to get it tinted. I've painted all the red...two and three coats in all the areas so far...and only used half a quart. I didn't think it'd go that far. But I'm glad it did. Now on to another color......
Animal Element Dealer in South East Texas!!! Your either running with it...or running against it.

Good cowgirls keep their calves together ;)

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2011, 01:28:04 PM »
When the painters painted my dining room red, they put on an orange-ish primer!!  I nearly died when I saw it, I really don't like orange and thought they had goofed!!  Still took two coats.  Red is a hard color to paint but is totally worth it.  (IMO)

Looking good!!!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline canchasin Cindy

• Mega Member
  • Ride hard and believe in yourself.
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2011, 02:49:09 PM »
OH!  haha! gotcha! i don't paint anything red as a general rule..
"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy @#!%, what a ride!" Mavis Leyrer age 83

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2011, 04:22:47 PM »
Nice Job looking pretty good.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

• Mega Member
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2011, 08:06:55 PM »
I keep laughing...because it looks like a 50's diner right now. Not what I was goin for....but it's still in the early stages...so things will change as I go along.
Animal Element Dealer in South East Texas!!! Your either running with it...or running against it.

Offline meandmo

• Veteran Member
  • Proud Softball Mom
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2011, 02:46:43 PM »
JL 2000, what is the length of your trailer?  I found one that has double axles and I noticed yours only has a single axle.  I talked to the man that owns it and he said he had just put in a new heater but the roof a/c doesn't work.  I haven't looked at the inside yet but the outside from the road looks good.  He said he would like to get $750 for it but I am going to try to get it for $500 and then I will be remodeling one myself.  I saw it on my bus route and talked to the man just for a second.  I will  probably have to put new tires on it but if the frame is good and it doesn't leak then I am going to try to buy it. 

• Mega Member
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2011, 06:44:23 PM »
I think it's a 17 footer. When we first looked at it the man said 20 ft....but we put the tape measure on it and it measured 19 tongue and all. Not sure how they measured them back then if it was tongue included or just the actual box. But inside is about 17 ft from one end to the other.

If you get it....take pictures!!!! And more Pictures...and more.....oh and share!!! lol

Just got home from a trip to home depot.....had to go buy some cabinet building supplies....more paint.....fabric...pillows...all kinda goodies.

Offline flcrackercowwhip

• Veteran Member
    • www.cowwhips.homestead.com
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2011, 08:45:18 PM »
Hey Jersey Lily,,I can give you a little tip about the primer,,,if you do want to ever tint it,,if you happen to have a Ace Hardware close to you,,if you buy your primer from them,,they should tint your primer for you for free!!! It only takes a little bit of tint,,and I work @ Ace and we always do it for free! I have worked at 3 Ace Hardware's in over 10yrs and we have never charged anyone for tinting the primer!! Just have to ask!! Make sure you ask the person that usually mixes the paint though,,just ask!!
Just a little tip for ya,,,it is going to be beautiful!!
www.cowwhips.homestead.com
check out our website,,my husband builds these!

• Mega Member
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2011, 01:08:29 AM »
Thanks for the tip flcrackercowgirl. We do have an Ace Hardware relatively close. Actually 2. But I usually buy my paint from Home Depot or Lowe's. Depending on where were at. Never even thought about gettin paint at Ace. Hmmm....But I will remember that.

Ok.....tip...lol Martha Stewart Copper paint...does NOT look copper when you paint it on the wall..it looks like black yuck! So much so that I wiped what I could off...reprimed over it...and dug around till I found a can of left over paint that I used in my hall bathroom. It's not copper...but it shore beats that black yuck I bought today. Ewwww. Hate it when paint doesn't turn out the color it looks like it is in the container. Uhgg....but I'll make do and figure it out with what I've got. This paintin till 1 am tho...I might hafta not do that too many nights a week LOL But I get on a roll...and it's cool....and I just keep on paintin.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2011, 12:11:30 PM »
well keep us updated with photo please
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

• Mega Member
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2011, 12:31:37 PM »
We now have paint that looks like Ketchup and Mustard LOL

Then the second picture shows the painted stripe down the center of the ceiling that'll later be painted to look like copper tin.

Offline mchoss

• Queen of the Cookies
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • Massage: It does a body good!
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2011, 09:17:54 PM »
I find myself humming "Oh I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner" looking at the pics but I know you've got grand plans so I'll just keep checking back. LOL
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says....

'Oh $@^*....she's awake!!!'

• Mega Member
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2011, 09:28:45 PM »
Even I.....the one who painted this....look at it and wonder....where's the golden arches? Bwahahahaha

Ok back out there with the paint brush. (I will not paint arches...I will not paint arches....I will NOT paint arches) ***snicker snort***

• Mega Member
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2011, 02:27:03 PM »
Ok just came in for a bite to eat.....I CANT WAIT to share pictures of what I'm doin today. It's turnin out soooooo neat. Will post them later...gotta get back to it!!!!! Yayyy fun stuff!!!

• Mega Member
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2011, 03:37:37 PM »
Ok here's the beginning of what I'm paintin on the ceiling. Lots more to go yet. But I think it's lookin neat!!!!