8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Airstream trailer....update*  (Read 20371 times)

Offline the_jersey_lilly_2000

• Mega Member
Re: Airstream trailer....update*
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2011, 11:19:04 PM »
Ok....this is what caused the repaint. The top picture....I was goin for a rug look....never got to the flower part...because the more I looked at it...the more it looked like Christmas. So I painted yellow over it (when the spill occured) And then got busy again today on it. I like it a whole lot better now!!!

Here's where all these different paint jobs join up. It's on the side wall....where the roundness stops. LOL

Where the turquoise stripe is....there's gonna be a booth. 

Animal Element Dealer in South East Texas!!! Your either running with it...or running against it.

Good cowgirls keep their calves together ;)

• Mega Member
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2011, 10:07:12 PM »
Ok the last painting I've done. Yes Spots...leopard spots!!! But most of them will be covered up by a table/booth area in that section. I've only got the upper cabinet doors left. But will wait to do those because one whole side must come down while the lower cabinets are rebuilt. I think I can rest for a while now on the painting front. Maybe get started on the couch reupholstery job. :) I'm ready for something other than painting for a while.

Animal Element Dealer in South East Texas!!! Your either running with it...or running against it.

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2011, 09:03:57 AM »
Ok, that is just fabulous!  Can you come paint my office in my house?  Hal would die if I put that in the rest of the house but well, my office is my kingdom.  Well, I am the subject/maid the cats are king, but I digress.  Anyway, you rock girl!!  Love it, love it, love it!!! 
But I can't help but wonder how in the world did you keep your eysight and paint those spots?  Did you have a template, or just "eyeballed" it?  I bow to the queen of painters!! woohoo!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

• Mega Member
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2011, 11:40:58 AM »
LOL Katy.....the spots are free hand. No stencil on those. I knew it would get me seeing spots literally while painting...so I just kept my focus on one area at a time. Don't look back at the others....

But once I got the black outline done...I had to go back and paint the brown inside the spot.....good thing that didn't take long. LOL

And ya know...when I told hubby, "I think that yellow wall right there......I"m gonna paint.......leopard spots~!" He just looked at me and said, "Coooool" I so love him. He's such an easy goin fella.....and doesn't care what I do to it. Long as I'm happy he's happy. And he doesn't act like he'll have a problem staying in it once it's finished at all.

But I'm not done FREW FREW'n it up yet !!!  ;D

• Mega Member
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2011, 12:17:33 PM »
Started in round midnight taking the upholstry off the couch cushions last night. Got them all off...now to rip seams apart so that I can use the old as a pattern to cut out the new stuff and sew together.

• Mega Member
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2011, 10:29:19 PM »
My seam ripper and I....tearin' the couch cover apart...piece by piece .....

A pin cushion....a pair of scissors...cuttin all the new pieces out.

Offline canchasin Cindy

• Mega Member
  • Ride hard and believe in yourself.
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2011, 11:05:04 AM »
lots of work there!  i see a hint of what the new material is!  nice!
"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy @#!%, what a ride!" Mavis Leyrer age 83

• Mega Member
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2011, 12:24:21 PM »
LOL Cindy...that's only one piece.....It's gonna be several different fabrics all put together.  ;) I mean....how could I stay with one....when the walls are all different? hehe

• Mega Member
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2011, 02:11:00 AM »
Piping that I've made for the couch cushions....

And ruffles....yeah you got it...ruffles for the couch...Can't have a plain lookin couch in a gawdy trailer...it's gotta match the resta the gawdy LOL

Offline canchasin Cindy

• Mega Member
  • Ride hard and believe in yourself.
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2011, 10:59:41 AM »
love your style! 
"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy @#!%, what a ride!" Mavis Leyrer age 83

• Mega Member
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2011, 12:56:02 PM »
Thanks Cindy. I just decided....I'ma big girl....and just why not go for it! LOL Once again...just thankful I have such a supportive hubby. Most wouldn't go for it. LOL

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2011, 01:13:52 PM »
Good job painting. I know the spots would be a little too much for me. Looks good though
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

• Mega Member
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2011, 01:16:27 PM »
LOL Bob....but once the booth/dinette is in place you'll see very little of the spots. So it won't be so overpowering.

Offline MMRANCH02

• Dinosaur!
  • Prov. 3:5,6-TRUST in the Lord with ALL your heart
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2011, 01:19:48 PM »
LOL Bob....but once the booth/dinette is in place you'll see very little of the spots. So it won't be so overpowering.

so let me see if I got this straight ... you hand painted all those spots and now you are gonna COVER 'EM UP?

You artsy types just baffle me ... lol!
Miriam Mize

The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a [wo-]man; Winston Churchill

I never want to look back at my life and say, "I wish I had . . .";

• Mega Member
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2011, 01:22:36 PM »

so let me see if I got this straight ... you hand painted all those spots and now you are gonna COVER 'EM UP?

You artsy types just baffle me ... lol!

Not ALLL of em....but picture a dinette/booth like in the horse trailer....with the two seats and the table. It'll cover some of em up. But I had to paint the whole wall...because we haven't gotten to the part where we build the seats and table. LOL Ok...goin back to the sewin machine....sew a lil longer before Gary gets home.