8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Airstream trailer....update*  (Read 20370 times)

Offline MMRANCH02

• Dinosaur!
  • Prov. 3:5,6-TRUST in the Lord with ALL your heart
Re: Airstream trailer....update*
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2011, 08:34:52 AM »
I love the material - it looks vintage and classy!!  and love the elephant pillow!
Miriam Mize

The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a [wo-]man; Winston Churchill

I never want to look back at my life and say, "I wish I had . . .";

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2011, 09:08:13 AM »
Oh wow!!!  You could rent that little guy out as a bed and breakfast when you aren't gone.  Call it a working cowranch when people get the priviledge of helping you work and sleep in that cute little trailer!  Gonna make a mint!  lol
Love it!  The colors are perfect together.  However, I think that pillow in the right needs black fringe.  Maybe the kind that looks like pom-poms.  Not the round ones though.  And a big button in the middle.  JMHO, but couldn't help throwing the idea out there since you said it needed something.
You go girl, we are loving it!!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline SBmom

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2011, 10:29:41 AM »
Wow.  Just plain Wow.  Everytime you show a little piece, I think to myself,  "that is tooo gawdy" BUT then when I see it together I think "That is TOO CUTE!".  I have decided I have no vision and no style. 

Ms Lilly has plenty of both!

I love it!

Offline canchasin Cindy

• Mega Member
  • Ride hard and believe in yourself.
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2011, 11:28:13 AM »
WOW! LOVE IT!  i couldn't put that together and have it turn out near as pretty!
"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy @#!%, what a ride!" Mavis Leyrer age 83

Offline the_jersey_lilly_2000

• Mega Member
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2011, 12:20:57 PM »
I love the material - it looks vintage and classy!!  and love the elephant pillow!

LOL MM when I bought that pillow....I was shoppin thru the Goodwill store to see what I could find for the trailer. (instead of spendin bookoos at the fabric store) I seen the colors around the edges....and the price tag of $2 and said yeap that'll work on the couch. (And I hadn't even bought the fabric for the couch yet) At that point it was all in my mind. But.....I didn't know it had an elephant on it until I got home and pulled it outta the sack. And I thought...and elephant? Where'd that come from? But why not....the gypsy caravan just might have had an elephant somewhere.
Animal Element Dealer in South East Texas!!! Your either running with it...or running against it.

Good cowgirls keep their calves together ;)

• Mega Member
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2011, 12:32:22 PM »
SBMom....I don't know that I have vision or style....or just plain crazy....Prolly the 'just plain crazy' fits best LOL

But I do know this....I am having so much fun with this....even tho it's work sorta....

Katy.....lol @ rent it out. It would prolly hafta be like that women's ranch down in Alpine where there's no men. I dunno if men would wanna stay in my lil trailer. Mine will....but he's an exception. Can't tell you how many men have said..."No way" would they let their wife or anyone decorate their camp trailer like that. Aww well...they don't know what they might be missing. hehe It's become kinda a standing joke at my house for hubby to ask me, "just how much money am I gonna hafta be holdin in my hand to get inside when it's finished?"

I will figure somethin out with that ugly lil pillow. I've thought about fringe...and buttons....beads.....SOMETHING. It's just too plain to "enter in" as is. Hahaha

The red ruffles...really aren't near as red as the camera makes it look. It's more of a burgandy to match the flowers in the couch material.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 01:21:25 PM by the_jersey_lilly_2000 »
Animal Element Dealer in South East Texas!!! Your either running with it...or running against it.

Offline flyinglow

• Elite Member
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2011, 01:04:52 PM »
You are definately an over achiever.  Beautiful style. Love it.
A woman who wishes to be equal to a man, lacks ambition

Offline SBmom

• Novice Member
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2011, 01:14:31 PM »
Ms. Lilly,  I thought your were "just plain old crazy" when I saw the first picture of the less than stellar camper!  Now I'm COMPLETLY impressed!

I think my hubby would have the same reaction....How much do I have to pay to enter?  lol.

I can hardly wait to see what you accomplish next......

(and I wish I had your energy.   ;)  )

• Mega Member
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2011, 01:31:41 AM »
After sewing the arm rest cover of the couch together.....and digging thru some of my sewing stuff...tryin to find something to dress the ugly pillow up...I sat down with this.....my choices.

My intentions were....to make a square to go in the middle of the pillow. Crochet hook in hand...I set to it.

Got about an 8 inch square done....and thought..nope needs more....so used the lil fluffy stuff. (I don't know how anyone could ever make anything out of that.....because once you make one pass crocheting...you can't tell where you'd stick your needle to go another round.) But I got one round on.

It's gawdy...but didn't look right on the pillow....I'd been eyeballin a little lamp I have on my kitchen table the whole time I was making the square. Thinking...that lil lamp would look good in the trailer.......

I have a small night stand that I am planning on gawdyin up to put in the trailer...and I think this lil lamp...settin on that lil do dad I made...will look cute. Honestly I am working on the ugly pillow. But I don't have any pictures of it right now....I've taken the pillow completely apart....and quit for the night when the sewin machine ran out of bobbin. Grrrrr hate it when it does that in the middle of somethin. I'll finish it up and post  pictures tomorrow.

Offline MMRANCH02

• Dinosaur!
  • Prov. 3:5,6-TRUST in the Lord with ALL your heart
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2011, 09:16:15 AM »
I swear, I can't get started on my work til I've seen the Armadillo updates ... i'm hooked!

Love the lil doo dad!!  Thought in the first pic it was like a bird's nest ... lol, that's why i can't do this kind of stuff - no eye for any of this!! lol
Miriam Mize

The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a [wo-]man; Winston Churchill

I never want to look back at my life and say, "I wish I had . . .";

Offline mandilou

• Elite Member
  • God Is Great...All The Time
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2011, 11:27:43 AM »
Oh wow!!!  You could rent that little guy out as a bed and breakfast when you aren't gone.  Call it a working cowranch when people get the priviledge of helping you work and sleep in that cute little trailer!  Gonna make a mint!  lol
Love it!  The colors are perfect together.  However, I think that pillow in the right needs black fringe.  Maybe the kind that looks like pom-poms.  Not the round ones though.  And a big button in the middle.  JMHO, but couldn't help throwing the idea out there since you said it needed something.
You go girl, we are loving it!!!

That's exactly what I was thinking about...the pom poms and the big button.
If you think you can or think you can't...either way you're right.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Maci LeeAnn Walters - August 20, 2007.  I am BLESSED!

• Mega Member
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2011, 07:55:50 PM »
Ok spent the biggest majority of the day workin with hubby on his car. Gotta give some time back to him I spose...since I've been consumed with this trailer. So...we came in to eat supper...he's gone back to work on his car...and I'm gonna finish that pillow!!!!

• Mega Member
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2011, 09:18:48 PM »
And the pillow.....it's not so ugly anymore. As I dug further into my stash of sewing supplies. I ran across three of these quilt blocks. My mother had given them to me before she passed away. My great grandmother made them. They are all sewn together by hand...and the little squares are about an inch square, and never made it into a quilt. So I thought..why not....have a lil bit of all my peoples with me in my travels. :)

Don't believe me??? haha...it is the ugly pillow...I just covered ALL of one side up. But with the red ruffle....the ugly side's not as ugly as it was.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2011, 09:35:01 PM »
Now that is cool carrying something of your mom's and grandmother's with you as you travel.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2011, 10:35:08 AM »
i like it a lot!  And since both sides are neat you can change them out
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5