8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: Ok, I know its early but who do you support on the Republican side  (Read 2886 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Ok, I know its early but who do you support on the Republican side
« on: September 14, 2011, 11:09:02 AM »
I watched the first debate on youtube and matched a bunch of the 2nd one on youtube.   I'm leaning towards Ron Paul, simply because we need a hard core conservative.  There are some things I don't like about him but the likes out weigh the dislikes which put him first in my scale right now.   I like Michelle B too, in my book she is running a hard second.   And I kinda like Herman too.  Newt he gets to the bottom of things fast, love that about him, but he is carrying around way to much negative history.   Perry, Romney and the others are low men on totum pole for me, what about yall?
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
Re: Ok, I know its early but who do you support on the Republican side
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 01:10:33 PM »
Ok, here goes in random order!!
Ron Paul is a Liberterian, not a conservative.  He is just messing up the mix so that the Demos can have more power than we want!!  He will bring all of the soldiers home from everywhere and defund military quicker than you can blink.  he does not believe in having soliders period.  Really!?!?!?
Like Bachman a lot, but don't think America is ready for a Christian woman pres.  She is smart and really can get things done.  perhaps VP?
Perry stinks as a gov. why would he not do the same as pres?  he started off as a conservative but his ego is getting bigger and bigger.
Hermain Cain is good at turning things around.  A solid businessman, we sure could use some help in that direction.  But can he get elected?
Romney, a republican Obama.
Can't remeber any one else off the top of my head.  Geeze this is enough to get me smacked soundly upside the head from all the readers anyhows!!!  lol
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 01:17:18 PM »
Nope Im just wanting a feel for how everyone thinks!  No smack downs only opinions of the candidates :-)
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 06:47:44 AM »
The 2011 California Straw Poll was held on Saturday, September 17th between 9:00AM – 5:00PM, where CRP members, associate members, and registered guests were allowed to choose their favorite from among the 11 official Republican presidential candidates.

2011 Straw Poll Full Results (Votes, %)

Congressman Ron Paul (374, 44.9%)
Governor Rick Perry (244, 29.3%)
Mitt Romney (74, 8.8%)
Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (64, 7.7%)
Jon Huntsman (17, 2.0%)
Herman Cain (15, 1.8%)
Newt Gingrich (14, 1.7%)
Thad McCotter (7, 0.8%)
Rick Santorum (7, 0.8%)
Gary Johnson (2, 0.2%)
Fred Karger (1, 0.1%)
Write-ins (15, 1.8%)

Offline wars

• Wicked Witch Of the West
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • I'm a barrel racing mama!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 08:02:20 AM »
HOLY TERROR PEOPLE WE'D BETTER VOTE ON SOMEONE THAT WE CAN BE PRETTY SURE WILL BEAT BAMA HAMA!!!!!!!  WE CAN FIND B------- ON ALL OF THEM, PROBABLY, BUT HEAVEN HELP THE US IF THE ELECTED ONE STAYS IN.  I PRAY TO GOD THAT WE WILL BE LOOKING AT SOMEONE ELSE NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!  WARS >:( :'( :(