8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Benjamin 2012 Update  (Read 8547 times)

Offline irlucky

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Benjamin 2012 Update
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 11:28:25 AM »
Tamet, I am sorry that things happened to you and your family.  One bad school gives us all a bad wrap.  Glad to hear the ABA is helping.  People/ kids do what WORKS for them, to change a behavior, sometimes we have to be very creative and look at what we are really trying to change.  You and your family are doing an AWESOME job!!!

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 08:50:48 AM »
Well we have had our ups and downs the past few months, but Benjamin is doing really well.   He is doing lots of things around the house.   He unloads the dishwasher, washes his clothes, helps make his smoothie and cookies, gets stuff out of the pantry for me and puts stuff back up, helps unload and put up groceries, carries his gas cans (for his mower), puts them in the truck and unloads them after we fill them up.   We are working on lots of other things too, but it is so cool to see him doing so many normal things in just a few months.   

We have started a program at home (with his speech therapist) that reminds me of the stuff I learned from Lisa Jo when I went to visit her.  Bob and I have been amazed at the things that Benjamin is showing us that he knows and is capable of. 
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 12:13:12 PM »
You go Ben!!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5