8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: $1,000.00 Added Summer's Benefit Barrel Race - Salt Creek Arena  (Read 3499 times)

Offline cutternvanessa

Hey all you barrel racers, Please come out tomorrow night and support a great cause! See Flyer attached. We have $1,000.00 added buckles to winner in each D, Headstalls to 2nd place and Halters to 3rd place in each D!!! Also we have amanzing stuff we have collected for the silent auction, so even if you dont want to run please come out and shop...:-)

« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 02:27:55 PM by cutternvanessa »

Offline runninforfun74

• Novice Member
Re: $1,000.00 Added Summer's Benefit Barrel Race - Salt Creek Arena
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 05:27:37 PM »
It would have been really nice to advertise to everyone that you were taking call ins for exhibitions. I showed up at 4:45 and the 7-8 page had already sold out and there were very few left on the other pages. We did not enter...your poor judgement cost you over $100 bucks alone in entry fees!!!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 05:32:24 PM by runninforfun74 »

Offline LeeAnn B

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 12:50:07 AM »
This race had well over 200 runs when I left.  By this afternoon over 170 had said they were attending on Facebook. Exhibitions always sell out at Salt Creek, no matter what club has an event there--- have to get there very early every time, to get exhibitions.

We went. It started on time and was ran very professionally. They had ALOT of good stuff for the auction.  Looks like they raised alot of $$$ for a charity event with many donations and volunteers. Glad I was a part of it, and hope this goes a little way towards this girl medical bills!!!!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 12:53:12 AM by LeeAnn B »

Offline runninforfun74

• Novice Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 06:55:27 AM »
That is awesome for the family. I'm glad that they were able to raise so much money for them.

I did go early to stand in line until the books opened @ 5. There was not a line at 4:45 because exhibitions were sold out. They took call ins which was NOT ADVERTISED anywhere.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who wasn't happy about it.

Offline blueicanchaser

• Novice Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 09:48:20 AM »
Awesome job to everyone!  And thank God for blessing this family!

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 10:36:57 AM »
Will u guys be posting the results??? Thanks a bunch. It was fun!!!

I'm betting it will be much later before they post the results. I was up at 3 AM because my knees were hurting and saw on Facebook that people were just then leaving the race. They're probably all still in bed. LOL

Offline blueicanchaser

• Novice Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 04:04:21 PM »
Where are the results posted? I am not sure which facebook page to look on..

Offline breezin

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 10:32:21 PM »

Offline breezin

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 10:48:23 PM »
If they did take call-ins (which I am not sure if they did or didn't), I am sure it was not something they really thought about advertising or it might have been a last minute decision.  They had lots of other irons in the fire trying to put this benefit together for a fellow barrel racer's family.  Obviously you weren't there to support the family if you got mad and left over sold out exhibitions and that they forgot to advertise call ins.

Good job to all who put this together in such short order.  Even with a minor tractor issue delay everything ran smooth and the ground looked awesome!  Wish I had been able to ride but was happy to be there to contribute where we could.

We left around 2:30 and they were still running.

Offline CHANCEYSMOM

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 09:12:54 AM »
They did do a GREAT job, it was per Flynn(owner of Salt Creek) the largest event  ever at Salt Creek. They did raise a lot of money for this little girl. I was proud to be there and a very little part of it.  This was not put on by a producer that does this for a living but by great hearted volunteers (no pay other than knowing they helped a good family in a bad time) Thank you for caring about other people and giving so much of yourselves.
Good People and Best Friends are found on ebarrel horse.

Offline cutternvanessa

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 09:15:30 AM »
Results are posted!

Offline cutternvanessa

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 09:32:12 AM »
They did do a GREAT job, it was per Flynn(owner of Salt Creek) the largest event  ever at Salt Creek. They did raise a lot of money for this little girl. I was proud to be there and a very little part of it.  This was not put on by a producer that does this for a living but by great hearted volunteers (no pay other than knowing they helped a good family in a bad time) Thank you for caring about other people and giving so much of yourselves.

Thank you so much!! Yes we are not a producer we are your average women that come together for a friend in need. We were up for 20 hrs straight with no PAY!! But the pay we had in our hearts was worth more than any cash payment we could of ever received!! Thanks for all of you coming out and supporting a great cause.

Offline cowgirlbuck

• Novice Member
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 09:52:55 AM »
This was so awesome how it came together in such a short time and all the support from everyone! You ladies are truely awesome!!!! :-* This was sweet as BIG as it got for just a $25 Jackpot.  ;D Great Job Girls :D

Offline ALM

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 11:06:26 AM »
thats great news.