8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: age of barrel racers  (Read 8619 times)

Offline txnbhabarrelracer

• Extreme Member
  • Cowgirls are born not made!
Re: age of barrel racers
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2012, 02:27:52 PM »
I been barrel racing since the age of 5. I love it so much. Without barrel racing you just are not living. I know I am having barrel racing withdrawals right now because I have not been able to compete in over a year because of healing up from back surgery following pregnancy. I can't wait to get back to it. You just enjoy every minute of barrel racing even starting at the age of 49. Stick with it  and have fun. Doesn't matter how good you are at it as long as your having fun. Never to late to try something new. Good for you, so keep going because there is nothing that makes you feel more alive than running those cans. I will be barrel racing until I am dead. I am running barrels with metal in my elbow and back but still running. I went from a 2-D rider to a 3 and 4 D but that okay still running barrels.
Life without horses I don't think so!

Offline wars

• Wicked Witch Of the West
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • I'm a barrel racing mama!
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2012, 09:04:23 AM »
I HAVE NOT MADE ANY RUNS THIS YR.  THRU THE YEAR I WAS ABLE TO RIDE A LITTLE, THEN IT CAME TO A HAULT.  RODE FOR THE FIRST TIME DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY.  JUST WALKED & TROTTED A LITTLE BIT.  IT FELT SO GOOD TO RIDE.  IF & WHEN THE DAY COMES THAT I CAN'T RUN ANYMORE, JUST RIDING WILL BE MY SAVIOR, NOT THE ONE ABOVE BECAUSE I FIGURE HE IS THE ONE THAT KEEPS ME GOING.  HAVE A GREAT DAY.   WARS ;)

Offline wars

• Posse Member
  • Mega Member
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2012, 10:34:36 AM »
RODE AGAIN THIS MORN.  WAS GREAT, JUST WALKING & TROTTING.  WE PROBABLY RODE FOR 40 MIN. ;D :D

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2012, 11:43:08 AM »
That's great WARS!!! You'll have all the buck ridden out of him in no time. LOL

Offline wars

• Posse Member
  • Mega Member
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2012, 02:02:43 PM »
WELL SELFIE IT SURE FELT GOOD TO JUST TROT & WALK.  HE WAS SO GOOD.  EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE HE'D GET A LITTLE HUMPY WITH "T" BUT YOU JUST MAKE 2 OR 3 ROUNDS ON HIM & IT ALL GONE.  BUT YOU KNOW THE TWO DAYS THAT I'VE RIDDEN HE HASN'T MADE A MOVE.  HOPE YOU'LL ARE DOING OK.  ARE YOU RIDING EVERYDAY?   TELL CARL HI.   WARS :o ??? ;)

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2012, 03:00:12 PM »
Yep riding every day that I can. Trying to get ready for the D&G this weekend in Hamilton. Then a weekend off and maybe I'll get to visit with you at Destry's race in Alvarado. Hopefully everything will go good for you and WARS and ya'll will get to run at the Glen Rose race the first week in Nov. Carl says Hi back. 8)

Offline wars

• Posse Member
  • Mega Member
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2012, 06:43:34 PM »
I JUST DON'T KNOW IF I'LL BE READY IN TWO WKS.  MAYBE LATER IN THE YEAR.  I THINK "T" GETS MAD WHEN I TELL HER I CAN'T RUN & I'M SURE NOT GOING TOO WHEN I'M NOT READY.  MY LOWER BACK IS STILL GIVING ME PROBLEMS BUT HOPEFULLY LATER I WILL GET OK.  TELL CARL BOY HI   WARS ??? :-\ ;)
.'

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2012, 08:08:07 PM »
I didn't think you would be ready in two weeks. I just thought you could come and visit. But you might be ready to go by November when the Coldheart race is at Glen Rose. I hope so.

Offline wars

• Posse Member
  • Mega Member
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2012, 11:22:36 AM »
WELL SELFIE THINGS WERE GREAT, I THOUGHT, BUT MY BACK IS STILL NOT RIGHT.  THIS NEXT WK I'M CALLING MY ORTHOPEDIC DR AT SCOTT & W, TEMPLE.  I HAVE TO GET THIS THING FIXED.  I'VE BEEN RIDING EVERY MORN' & IT DOESN'T HURT RIDING.  IT'S THE WALKING AROUND & BENDING OVER THAT MAKES IT HURT REALLY BAD.  HOPE YOU'LL ARE DOING OK.  TELL YOUR HONEY HI.   WARS ??? >:( :'(

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2012, 01:45:18 PM »
Darn it, I was hoping the last guy had it fixed! Hope the Dr at Scott and White can help you. Keep us posted and if you need anything let me know.

We didn't do great at D&G today. Hit the third coming out but I think I let her take it a little wide going in and that's what caused it. We'll do better tomorrow. Wish you were there.

Offline BettyBarrelRacer

• Extreme Member
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2012, 11:12:10 AM »
I am 51 and have been riding my whole life. Love running barrels and will continue to run until they have to drag me off my horses. I get the too old from friends and family that don't ride. Of course, they are content to sit around and get old. IMO, you are only as old as you want to be. It is a little more difficult at times and yes the ground is harder and even though I have more padding I don't bounce as well as I used to. I may not be the same rider as I was when I was 25, but I feel I am a better rider from what I have learned.

Also, put another spin on it. I tried for years to have kids. Had my first at 38 and my second at 42. So here I am at 51 with a 9 and 13 year old. I figured the good Lord gave me kids when he knew I was ready. They keep me young and I love every day with them.

I know God gives us what we need when we are ready. Me, my kids. You, your horse and your desire. Like another poster said, start and get help. It is always easier when you have support.

Good luck and enjoy.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2012, 11:30:02 AM »
Wow I thought I started late at 32 and 35, you made me look like a youngun!!!!!  You go girl!!!!   ;D
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline swiftstraw

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2012, 08:30:19 PM »
Rode so long my boots rubbed holes in my legs today.  Ouch!

Offline 186

• Novice Member
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2012, 09:35:39 PM »
Trail riding friend and I went trail riding yesterday, today she didn't want to ride, and I had no one  else to ride with, and kind of hate going off in several thousand acres by myself and something happen, so I stayed home on a perfectly fine day.
My children are 32 and 17, so I have had children in school a long time.  Oldest, a boy, loss interest in horses when he was about 12, then we moved and couldn't have any until 2005 when my daughter wanted one.  I got her one, and she has shown, playdayed, barrel raced, and now in college and I have her horse. , I concentrated on her and hauling her, now she is gone and just me and the ponys, now it's my time.  I bought myself an old barrel horse about a year and half ago so I could start riding again.  He taught me so much, and I let him go to another family the first of this year.  I bought my horse I have now, and we are continuing on.  My daughter's horse is too much for me, and I realize that, at least for now.  Maybe in a year or so I can move up to her, but right now, just so happy being in the saddle and going.  Looking so forward to meeting each of you down the road. You are all such good inspirations.  AND Wars, get better and get back out there.

Offline wars

• Posse Member
  • Mega Member
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2012, 10:53:43 AM »
WELL GIRLS MY YEAR, THE END OF, IS NOT LOOKING GOOD.  I HAVE AN APPT WITH AN ORTHOP DR IN TEMPLE THE 25rth OF OCT.  I'M USING TAM'ETS LASER, COLD PACKS, & HEATING PAD.  YESTERDAY I WAS FEELING PRETTY FAIR SO I WENT TO THE GRO STORE IN CLEBURNE.  "WELL"!!!!!!! THIS MORN I FELT LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN GOT ME.  FIXING TO GET ON THE LASER FOR A WHILE & START THE THING OVER.  I GUESS "T" WILL BE RIDING WARS THE REST OF THE YEAR.  SHE DOES A GOOD JOB & I LOVE TO WATCH HER.  AT LEAST I CAN A LITTLE HERE AT HOME, WALKING & TROTTING.  DID A LITTLE LOPING, ALSO.  IT DOESN'T HURT RIDING BUT WHEN I GET ON MY OWN TWO IT "AIN'T" SO GOOD.  ALL YOU GIRLS HAVE A GOOD WK & HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD HAMILTON & WHAT EVER IS COMING UP THIS WK.  WARS :( ::) ;)