News > Trainer's Corner

blowing up on the back side

(1/1)

TxCanChasin:
i have a 3yo stud colt that I started in Feb. this year. After all the slow work, his big debut was in Aug. He practices extremely well!!! But you get him at run and he blows up on the backside of barrel 1 and 2, but loves to work on the third. I had him in a rope hackamore and have now started using a sliding snaffle. he's super calm and easy going, not like to fight. I feel like he has so much potential...lol. We hauled him to a 2day show and he did great, even knocked off a whole sec 18.5. I was proud, but I know we need help. No he hasn't had teeth work yet if that helps you answer. Thank you! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  

wars:
MY DEAR DON'T BE UPSET FOR MY CORRECTION OF YOUR SENTENCE.  THE WORD COLT MEANS STALLION.  I KNOW YOU HEAR A LOT OF PEOPLE USE THAT PHRASE, EVEN LONG TIME OLD HORSEMAN.  SOME WILL SAY FILLY COLT.  WHEN I WAS TEACHING, A STUDENT WOULD USE THAT TERM  & I WOULD SAY YOU HAVE A BABY THAT IS A FILLY & A COLT?  THERE IS SUCH A THING BECAUSE A NUMBER OF YEARS AGO I HAD A BABY THAT HAD BOTH PARTS.  NO BEING UGLY JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW CORRECTLY.   HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY & GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR COLT.  WARS ??? ;D ;)

TxCanChasin:
I will try to understand how this might have caused you some confusion, Thank you for your help! Maybe the correction will help me with his practice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version