8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Benjamin's Update Feb 2013  (Read 11372 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Benjamin's Update Feb 2013
« on: February 13, 2013, 05:06:58 PM »
If you were looking at General Discussion today you saw that I was bragging on Ben about his great Dentist visit.  He is still doing all the things I have discussed before, putting up clean dishes, washing his clothes (it is so funny, he has figured out that it is easier to push his dirty clothes basket to the laundry room than carry it and I just applaud him!!!!!!  I love it when he innovates and generalizes on his own), picks up dirty dishes around house (new one) and etc.   BUT, the important thing in all of these activities is he is starting to problem solve without prompting or comment.   If he sees a dish wont set right in the cabinet he adjusts it.  He is learning all the little steps in putting a jacket on and socks and soooooo many other daily things that we take for advantage.   As his speech therapist put it, he has developed "object permanence" and realizes that it is there and has a place in his world. 

I AM VERY EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   He hasnt fussed as much the last few months, doesnt get frustrated with us as much and is SO much more compliant.   And he FINALLY understands "1st - then"!!!!!!!!!!  I can get him to do lots of things with that.   LOL  He is picking up little skills on a weekly basis and it is kinda cool to see that he is trying really hard to win my approval in everything.   And believe me when he does just a little, I reward BIGLY and it is amazing how that has also made such a difference.  He is so smart.   I so wish and hope that one day he will realize he can use things to verbally communicate with us.   I feel more and more every day that I will actually see that happen now.   For yrs I doubted but hoped, now Im seeing the edge of it happening on a large scale and it makes my heart pound hard to talk about it because I know he is close.

There are some therapies that Im considering in the next couple of yrs and I have big hopes for them also, stem cell and hyperbaric chamber therapy.   Ive been watching it develop and talking to people that have had it done with their children and there are some amazing results.  Time will tell.   Meanwhile we will keep forging ahead.   ;D ;D  Please continue to keep Benjamin in your prayers.   

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Benjamin's Update Feb 2013
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 07:07:09 PM »
I'm so happy for you and Ben! He just seems so much better every time I see him.

Offline boogieboy

• Extreme Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 08:12:45 PM »
Tamet, I am sooooo excited for you and Ben!!!  I absolutely love reading about his progress!!  Big hugs for y'all.  {{{{HUGS}}}}
Cori

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 09:59:00 AM »
Never, never, never give up!  Winston Chruchill may have said it first, BUT you and Ben live it!  Hoorah!!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 10:32:51 AM »
 ;D
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Bruiser1

• Novice Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 01:06:36 PM »
I would love to hear an update on Ben!  It has been so long since the last update.  I sure hope he is doing better and better each and every day.  ;)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 12:26:05 PM »