8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Best saddle pad to help prevent saddle from sliding.  (Read 2191 times)

Offline wnfisher87

• Novice Member
Best saddle pad to help prevent saddle from sliding.
« on: March 01, 2013, 03:12:24 PM »
I have a high withered horse that I had issues with my saddle sliding back. The saddle I had was too wide so I had him fitted and having one custom made but wont have for another 6 weeks. My saddle I currently am using fits better than my other saddle did but still slides back. I switched from fleece to mohair girth and that has helped some but still slides back. Any suggestions on a good pad to try and help. I have tried Todd Sloan, Impact Gel, Classic Equine ESP and many others. Open to all and any suggestions of what might help.
 Thanks  :)

Offline gomer1

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Best saddle pad to help prevent saddle from sliding.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 11:19:01 AM »
I had the same problem. I tried everything. I had to find a new saddle. I discovered my horses shoulders were set back further, so I needed a saddle that girted back further. Try a crown c or a lynn mckenzie special. Im sure there are a few more adjustable riggings, but these are great saddles. The WON pad is awesome too. It keeps a saddle from rolling and slipping. Good luck   I dont know where you live, but if you are near ft worth you can try mine!

Offline blbj

• Novice Member
Re: Best saddle pad to help prevent saddle from sliding.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 03:19:40 PM »
I have had the same problem. I like to use a 5star pad but my best luck in keeping my saddle not sliding back was with a Ed & Martha Wright pad that is similar to the ESP. It has made the biggest difference. They may sell them on their website. I bought mine at a Ed Wright Clinic. Good luck!