8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: "UK's Overseas Lottery International Promotions 419 Scam Exposed  (Read 10028 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
"UK's Overseas Lottery International Promotions 419 Scam Exposed
« on: February 10, 2005, 12:15:59 AM »

I recieved this from one of our readers in New Zealand just so you know how wide spread this is. The main thing to remember is did you buy a ticket? If you didn't then it's a scam. It is best just to delete these once you answer them they seem to put you on a list and the number of scams you receive increases with the number you answer. I know this because at first I tried emailing these guys to inform them I put them on a scammers list. I stopped because I started getting 5 to 10 a day

See the email below.
This one seemed so unbelievable true initially and being naive, responded wanting to know what I had to do. They again responded with an email attaching a form to complete but the form they attached to be completed, requested that you select what method of payment you wanted eg. cheque, bank transfer etc. So giving your bank details were optional. So I completed the form, sent this off and next thing Internet Payment Services contacted us wanting GBP1,960 for minimum statutory fees before processing.

Well then I did the research on the net, found SPI (so their letter looked authentic, same logo, etc). I phoned them, still it seemed authentic. The no. +44 870 446 0561. Spoke to Mr Alderman of the Foreign Transfer Dept who (in broken english) told me he was acting on the law of UK. Because I said I didn't have that kind of money, could he not deduct from the 'winnings' he said he could not do this. To cut a long story short - then I was totally convinced it was a scam.

Of course, I found Elot Financial Reconciliation on the net also. But none of the information seemed the same. and then I found your site.

Do I tell them they are busted? I will report this to our law enforcement in New Zealand also.

Anyway, Thanks so much. Look forward to your response. I will email the response from Elot after this
J Carr
ps. you gotta admit it looks pretty dang good! Thank goodness I don't part with money that easily!

Date: 2004/10/18 Mon AM 07:58:31 GMT+13:00

Subject: FINAL NOTIFICATION

Dear Winner,

RE: BONUS LOTTERY PROMOTION PRIZE AWARDS WINNING NOTIFICATION

We are pleased to notify you of the release today as dated of the "UK's Overseas Lottery International Promotions programme held on October 15 2004 .

Participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from a pool of over 25,000 names of distinguished professionals drawn from Europe, America, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Middle-East, parts of Africa, and North & South America as part of our international promotions programme conducted annually to encourage prospective overseas entries. We hope with part of your prize awards, you will take part in our subsequent lottery jackpots.

The result of our computer draw 844 selected your name and email address attached to e-Ticket Number 034-22478556 with serial number 129, which drew the lucky number 06-09-13-15-40-43-02 and consequently won the lottery grand prize award in the 3rd category.

Therefore, you have won a lottery jackpot prize awards of £850,950.00 (Eight Hundred and Fifty Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty pounds Sterling Only) in cash prize credited to file Ref. No: UKNL/255457004/04. This is from the total prize of £18,486,220. 00 (Eighteen Million, Four Hundred and Eighty Six Thousand, Two Hundred and Twenty Pounds Sterlings) shared among the Thirty Eight overseas lucky winners in this category as part of our promotional programme for 2004.

Your prize award has been insured in your name and is ready for claim. To begin your claims therefore, you are advised to expeditiously contact our licensed and accredited claim agent for Overseas Lottery Winners within a period of 21 days (date of this letter inclusive) for the processing of your winning and remittance to your designated bank account after all statutory obligations have been satisfactorily dispensed with.

Please be informed that claims not processed within the stipulated period may be forfeitted to the pool without further notice.

You may wish to establish contact via e-mail with the particulars presented below citing the batch and reference numbers to this letter. Telephone lines are open between the hours of 8.00am - 7.30pm on Monday through Friday

Customer Service Unit,
Elot Financial Reconciliation Inc.,

T/f No:+44-709-280-6060.
T/f No:+44-701-741-4587
T/f No:+44-701-741-4354
Fax No:+44-709-280-6061
Email: [email protected]
Contact person: MR FERNANDEZ ADAMS

Our winners are assured of the utmost standards of confidentiality, and press anonymity until the end of proceedings, and beyond where they so desire. Be further advised to maintain the strictest level of confidentiality until the end of proceedings to circumvent problems associated with fraudulent claims.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

At your disposal, we remain.

Very Truly Yours,

MARY STEWART (Mrs.),
Director.
International Promotions Unit,
UK OVERSEAS LOTTERY,
Airport Hale Rd Halebarns
Altrincham Cheshire WA15 8XW UK

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Winner,

We are pleased to notify you of the release today as dated of the "UK's Overseas Lottery International Promotions programme held on October 15 2004 .

Participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from a pool of over 25,000 names of distinguished professionals drawn from Europe, America, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Middle-East, parts of Africa, and North & South America as part of our international promotions programme conducted annually to encourage prospective overseas entries. We hope with part of your prize awards, you will take part in our subsequent lottery jackpots.

The result of our computer draw 844 selected your name and email address attached to e-Ticket Number 034-22478556 with serial number 129, which drew the lucky number 06-09-13-15-40-43-02 and consequently won the lottery grand prize award in the 3rd category.

Therefore, you have won a lottery jackpot prize awards of ?850,950.00 (Eight Hundred and Fifty Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty pounds Sterling Only) in cash prize credited to file Ref. No: UKNL/255457004/04. This is from the total prize of ?18,486,220. 00 (Eighteen Million, Four Hundred and Eighty Six Thousand, Two Hundred and Twenty Pounds Sterlings) shared among the Thirty Eight overseas lucky winners in this category as part of our promotional programme for 2004.

Your prize award has been insured in your name and is ready for claim. To begin your claims therefore, you are advised to expeditiously contact our licensed and accredited claim agent for Overseas Lottery Winners within a period of 21 days (date of this letter inclusive) for the processing of your winning and remittance to your designated bank account after all statutory obligations have been satisfactorily dispensed with.

Please be informed that claims not processed within the stipulated period may be forfeitted to the pool without further notice.

You may wish to establish contact via e-mail with the particulars presented below citing the batch and reference numbers to this letter. Telephone lines are open between the hours of 8.00am - 7.30pm on Monday through Friday

Customer Service Unit,
Elot Financial Reconciliation Inc.,

T/f No:+44-709-280-6060.
T/f No:+44-701-741-4587
T/f No:+44-701-741-4354
Fax No:+44-709-280-6061
Contact person: MR FERNANDEZ ADAMS

Our winners are assured of the utmost standards of confidentiality, and press anonymity until the end of proceedings, and beyond where they so desire. Be further advised to maintain the strictest level of confidentiality until the end of proceedings to circumvent problems associated with fraudulent claims.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Very Truly Yours,

MARY STEWART (Mrs.),
Director.
UK OVERSEAS LOTTERY,
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Re: "UK's Overseas Lottery International Promotions 419 Scam Exposed
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 12:17:06 AM »
Alexiou Tonia
I am from Greece and I would like to inform you that this happend to me as well!!!
It is VERY WIDE SPREAD!
Thank God I found you in the internet while searching for Elot as well.
Thank you very much.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 12:17:42 AM »
Wilhelm Lehmann
This scam also affected a few of my users in Namibia and South Africa (from an ISP point of view)

We did setup filters blocking these emails.

W

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 12:18:16 AM »
Wilhelm Lehmann
Letter from user in Namibia :

"LOTTERY WINNING NOTIFICATION

Batch No: WD18/0065/04RN
Our Ref: UKNL/255457004/04
Our Ref: UK-NL/0627/04

FINAL NOTIFICATION

Dear Dave ,

RE: BONUS LOTTERY PROMOTION PRIZE AWARDS WINNING NOTIFICATION We are pleased to notify you of the release today as dated of the "UK's
Overseas Lottery International Promotions programme held on October 18th
2004 .

Participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from a
pool of over 25,000 names of distinguished professionals drawn from Europe,
America, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Middle-East, parts of Africa, and
North & South America as part of our international promotions programme
conducted annually to encourage prospective overseas entries. We hope with
part of your prize awards, you will take part in our subsequent lottery
jackpots.

The result of our computer draw 844 selected your name and email address
attached to e-Ticket Number 034-22478556 with serial number 129, which drew
the lucky number 06-09-13-15-40-43-02 and consequently won the lottery grand
prize award in the 3rd category.
Therefore, you have won a lottery jackpot prize awards of £850,950.00 (Eight
Hundred and Fifty Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty pounds Sterling Only) in
cash prize credited to file Ref. No: UKNL/255457004/04. This is from the
total prize of £18,486,220. 00 (Eighteen Million, Four Hundred and Eighty
Six Thousand, Two Hundred and Twenty Pounds Sterlings) shared among the
Thirty Eight overseas lucky winners in this category as part of our
promotional programme for 2004.
Your prize award has been issued in your name and is ready for claim. To
begin your claims therefore, you are advised to expeditiously contact our
licensed and accredited claim agent for Overseas Lottery Winners within a
period of 21 days (date of this letter inclusive) for the processing of your
winning and remittance to your designated bank account after all statutory
obligations have been satisfactorily dispensed with.

Please be informed that claims not processed within the stipulated period
may be forfeitted to the pool without further notice.

CLAIMS PROCEDURES:
It is our standard practice to allocate accredited agents for the processing of claims application. To begin your claims therefore, you are advised as a matter of urgency, to contact the under listed licensed and accredited claims agent for the processing of your prize awards winning. Please contact the clearing house (through your claims agent) All laid policies must be followed to facilitate your claims;
CUSTOMER SUPPORT UNIT - CSU,
GLOBAL PACIFIC SECURITY AND VAULT SERVICES (GPSVS), LONDON. email : [email protected]
Fax: 44-20-8181-6326

Our winners are assured of the utmost standards of confidentiality, and
press anonymity until the end of proceedings, and beyond where they so
desire. Be further advised to maintain the strictest level of
confidentiality until the end of proceedings to circumvent problems
associated with fraudulent claims.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!
Yours,
Pauline Kerry (Mrs)

Director..,(International Promotions Unit,)
UK OVERSEAS LOTTERY,

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 12:18:48 AM »
 Ieva
Hey, I am from Lithuania, and I also got this message:> Well, that would be great to get from nowhere "only" eight hundred and fifty thousand, nine hundred and fifty pounds sterling:>

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 12:19:26 AM »
Peter M. Prijak
Well, I "won" 4 Million Pounds on 24th Dec.
Tomorrow I´ll tell my boss what I REALY think of him.
Then I´ll buy a one-way-ticket to the Caiman Islands and stay there for good.

Greetings from Bavaria - Peter.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 12:20:10 AM »
tonny and linette
Hey we are from Denmark
we got this message too on christmas day
"what a christmas present" but nothing last forever,we looked it up and found your site,and we thank you
marry christmas and happy new year.
from us in dk

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 12:20:51 AM »
Dionel F. Tubera
I am from the Philippines!! Thanks God and to the British Consulate here in the Philippines who referred your Agency to me for further verification of this fraud lottery.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 12:21:22 AM »
Mupsey Moof
I am usually pretty sceptical of such emails, however this one was good! So good I went as far as researching its validity. I guess it is true... if you didn't enter it yourself, it can't be genuine. Nothing is for free.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 12:21:59 AM »
Bruce Miller
Thanks for your site, it really looks authentic and sounds very alluring.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 12:22:40 AM »
Daniel
I got a similar letter early morning on 24th January 2005.Out of curiosity I decided to chcek out the website for the UK overseas lottery international promotions.I knew it was a 419 scam from the word go.

I have similar letters in the past.I guess winnig more than eight hundred and fifty thousand pounds (£850,950.00) is not such a bad idea at all.

This is my letter.

Dear our treasured lucky winner,

We are pleased to notify you of the release today as dated of the "UK's Overseas Lottery International Promotions programme held on January 17th 2005.

Participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 25,000 names from Europe, America, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Middle-East, Africa, and North & South America as part of our international promotions programme conducted annually to encourage prospective overseas entries. We hope with part of your prize awards, you will take part in our subsequent lottery jackpots.

The result of our computer draw 844 of this day selected your names and email address attached to Ticket Number 034-22478556 with serial number 129 drew the lucky number 16-25-27-32-35-43-42 which consequently won the lottery grand prize awards in the 2nd category.

Therefore, you have been approved a lottery jackpot lump sum prize awards winning of £850,950.00 (Eight Hundred and Fifty Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty pounds Sterling Only) in cash prize credited to file Ref. No: UKNL/255457004/04. This is from the total prize of £18,486,220. 00 (Eighteen Million, Four Hundred and Eighty Six Thousand, Two Hundred and Twenty Pounds Sterlings) shared among the Thirty Eight overseas lucky winners in this category as part of our promotional programme for this year 2004. This is your opportunity!

Your prize awards has been insured in your names and ready for claim. To begin your claims therefore, you are advised on final notice and as a matter of urgency, to contact our licensed and accredited claim agent for Overseas Lottery Winners for the processing of your prize awards winning and payment to your designated bank account after all statutory obligations have been concluded satisfactorily. Contact thus:

Tel: +44-700-580-4160
Fax: +44-700-580-4170

Contact Officer: FRANK CARLING

Due to mixed up in some numbers and names and for the purpose of confidentiality, be advised to keep this award notification as secret from public notice until your claim has been processed and your prize money remitted to your designated bank account as this is part of precautionary measures to avoid double claim or misuse of this program by some social miscreants. Hence, your prize awards winning is confidential as our winners are at liberty to remain completely anonymous until payment is effected to the benefit of the beneficiary. Our staffs are sworn to secrecy, so you will be the only one to know what you've won hence, this notification via this medium (EMAIL) to avoid interception of official letters.

On a final note, you are advised to begin your claim immediately hence, all prizes awards must be claimed and disbursed within 20days of this notification as elapse of the scheduled "End of Claim" date will authorized funds withholding for redirection as abandoned/ unclaimed without notice.

Note: To enhance the processing of your claim by our accredited claim agent, you are advised to officially introduce yourself to the claim agent and also provide them with your valid means of your personal identification with a copy of this awards notification for references.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Very Truly Yours,

MARY STEWART (Mrs.),

Director.

UK OVERSEAS LOTTERY,

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 12:23:47 AM »
Debbie
Hi, I'm from New Zealand. I received this email early morning on the 24th of January. It's broken english was a dead give a way. But just to be sure I goggled "UK OVERSEAS LOTTERY" and found your site. good on you for setting this site up.

Dear our treasured lucky winner,

We are pleased to notify you of the release today as dated of the "UK's Overseas
Lottery International Promotions programme held on January 17th 2005.

Participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 25,000 names
from Europe, America, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Middle-East, Africa, and North &
South America as part of our international promotions programme conducted annually
to encourage prospective overseas entries. We hope with part of your prize awards,
you will take part in our subsequent lottery jackpots.

The result of our computer draw 844 of this day selected your names and email
address attached to Ticket Number 034-22478556 with serial number 129 drew the lucky
number 16-25-27-32-35-43-42 which consequently won the lottery grand prize awards in
the 2nd category.

Therefore, you have been approved a lottery jackpot lump sum prize awards winning of
£850,950.00 (Eight Hundred and Fifty Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty pounds
Sterling Only) in cash prize credited to file Ref. No: UKNL/255457004/04. This is
from the total prize of £18,486,220. 00 (Eighteen Million, Four Hundred and Eighty
Six Thousand, Two Hundred and Twenty Pounds Sterlings) shared among the Thirty Eight
overseas lucky winners in this category as part of our promotional programme for
this year 2004. This is your opportunity!

Your prize awards has been insured in your names and ready for claim. To begin your
claims therefore, you are advised on final notice and as a matter of urgency, to
contact our licensed and accredited claim agent for Overseas Lottery Winners for the
processing of your prize awards winning and payment to your designated bank account
after all statutory obligations have been concluded satisfactorily. Contact thus:

Tel: +44-700-580-4160
Fax: +44-700-580-4170
Contact Officer: FRANK CARLING

Due to mixed up in some numbers and names and for the purpose of confidentiality, be
advised to keep this award notification as secret from public notice until your
claim has been processed and your prize money remitted to your designated bank
account as this is part of precautionary measures to avoid double claim or misuse of
this program by some social miscreants. Hence, your prize awards winning is
confidential as our winners are at liberty to remain completely anonymous until
payment is effected to the benefit of the beneficiary. Our staffs are sworn to
secrecy, so you will be the only one to know what you've won hence, this
notification via this medium (EMAIL) to avoid interception of official letters.

On a final note, you are advised to begin your claim immediately hence, all prizes
awards must be claimed and disbursed within 20days of this notification as elapse of
the scheduled "End of Claim" date will authorized funds withholding for redirection
as abandoned/ unclaimed without notice.

Note: To enhance the processing of your claim by our accredited claim agent, you are
advised to officially introduce yourself to the claim agent and also provide them
with your valid means of your personal identification with a copy of this awards
notification for references.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Very Truly Yours,

MARY STEWART (Mrs.),
Director.
UK OVERSEAS LOTTERY,

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 12:24:59 AM »
Shmuel Shimshoni
Elot Financial Reconsiliations Inc. Seemed to be quite on the up-and-up throughout our correspondence, the latest one being an Inter-Bank Payment service who aknowleged recipt of my banking information. They asked me to stste the "correctly requested amount to be transfered to my bank, and when I filled in a sum, less than the "prize" explaining that it represented the net "reflecting deduction of the transfer fee" I was advised my return Email that They aknowledge my fax and will be in touch as soon as the tranfer is accomplished.
So far I have not parted with as much as a penney, and don't intend to. If the win is legitimate, and a bank transfer is actually made to my account, Thank you!!! If not I've just played along, but would never part with any pre-paid fees.
Shmuel

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2005, 12:25:36 AM »
Ernesto Barbarica

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Very Truly Yours,

CHARLES LOUIS (Mr.),

Director.

UK NATIONAL LOTTERY,

Units 2A & 2B, Olympic Way

Sefton Business Park, Liverpool.

L30 1RD, UNITED KINGDOM

=================================

However it is not my pleasure and, should you read this by chance, look in future over your shoulder.
Something very nasty could happen to you.
This time you addressed the wrong one.

Ernesto Barbarica
Engineer of Information
Palermo Sicily

PS.: Real Address is known.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2005, 12:26:58 AM »
Last but not least this guy had to read all this before he posted and still he says...
milad samie
hi H got an email like this too im from Asia.
Am i realy the winner? please someone answer me am I realy the winner I cant belive it if i am please answer my question