8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Stolen Paint Mare  (Read 7119 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Stolen Paint Mare
« on: February 10, 2005, 03:21:18 PM »

I know this is old but I am deleteing the blogs and I wanted this horse to be remembered and the post that were made saved

here is the info on the stolen horse.. she is a black and while paint mare.. 14.1 hands 1000 lbs.. jp1 tatoo on upper lip.. there is a $1000 reward for her return with no questions asked.. call 318-665-0847 home..318-355-3401 cell...318-388-3100 answering service... jeff pruitt... thanks

Update
we found her.. the dirty
thieves shot and killed her and then drug her into a pond where she floated up today..i am so angry that anyone would do such a thing to such a beautiful and wonder animal.. i am so sad but i know i did everthing i could to find her.. there is still a reward for the arrest of the people who took her ..
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Re: Stolen Paint Mare
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 03:40:55 PM »

2004/10/01 @ 12:54:03 by BOO BOO
I HAD SOME SADDLES, AND BRIDLES STOLEN BACK IN 1999; COME TO FIND OUT, THE TEENAGER WAS RUNNING WITH A DRUGGIE, THEY BROKE INTO MY TRAILOR AND STOLE A LOT OF CUSTOM EQUIPMENT. I NEVER GOT ANYTHING BACK, EXCEPT ONE HALTER (WELL ALMOST), IT WAS A GIFT THAT I GAVE TO FRIEND FOR CHRISTMAS.
BUT THE SHERIFFS DEPT KEPT IT FOR YEAR THEN LOST IT!

ANYWAY , WE FINNALLY GOT ONE IN JAIL FOR 10 YEARS (3RD TIME FELON) THE OTHER GOT 5 YEARS PROBATION, AND THE DRIVER GOT 6 MONTHS AND 5 YEARS PROBATION.

IF I HAD THE CHANCE, I WOULD PERSONALLY SHOOT ANY HORSE THIEF, ESPICIALLY SOME ONE THAT SHOT ONE OF MY HORSES. THE IS DISGUSTING THAT WE SHARE A WORLD WITH PEOPLE THAT CARE SO LITTLE FOR OTHER PEOPLES PROPETY AND POSSESSIONS.

I WISH YOU LUCK WITH YOUR, KEEP YOUR EYES AND EARS WIDE OPEN. PEOPLE LIKE THIS WILL MAKE A MISTAKE.

2004/10/04 @ 10:22:11 by Donna Hanover
My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry to hear this. It was bad enough that she was stolen....but killed...I don't understand people anymore.

2004/10/04 @ 10:50:29 by mc
I am so sorry to read about what happened to you and your horse. May the people who did this to this innocent animal...ROT IN HELL!!!

2004/10/04 @ 12:10:16 by Cathy Peacock
I am so very sorry about your beautiful mare. How on earth could anyone be so cruel as to do that to a helpless animal. My heart and prayers go out to you.

2004/10/04 @ 12:11:26 by Amy Spurgeon
Jeff,
My heart goes out to you on the loss of your beautiful mare. There are some sick people out there. As it says in the Bible "Vengeance is mine says the Lord. I will repay".
Did you file a police report ? I hope these theives are caught swiftly.

2004/10/04 @ 14:24:12 by lisa
i can tell you i am sorry for your loss of your beautiful mare.this is a world were people don't spank there children,in the result is they growup to do bad things, like killing animals.

2004/10/04 @ 18:26:53 by Pam (
I am so sorry to hear about your mare. I had one stolen in July that we never did find, I would like to catch whoever did it, it makes me so mad and I feel so helpless for the horse. Whether the thieves are found or not they will pay in the end.

2004/10/05 @ 10:14:41 by Pat Henninges
I am shocked and sorry to hear about your beautiful mare. I can't imagine a human being doing such a thing. My deepest sympathy is extended to you in your loss. She was so innocent. How could this happen? I pray that God eases your pain and you will remember the happy times and she will live forever in your heart.
Pat Henninges

2004/10/05 @ 12:05:31 by Cherie
I am so sorry for your loss of your beautiful horse!! And they call horses animals, the real animals walk on two legs and call themselves PEOPLE!!!! My heart goes out to you and your pain.

2004/10/05 @ 15:58:58 by Dana
I totally agree with Lisa. If parents would teach their children more values and morals sna not spare the rod, the children would not grow up to selfish adults. My heart truly hurts for you. Please post again when they find these horrible "people"

2004/10/05 @ 16:06:37 by Kim Brandl
Hi...
My condolences on the loss of your friend and companion. She is beautiful. Justice will come to those who did this. Prayer will go out for this. Take care,
Kim

2004/10/05 @ 18:53:16 by Patte Ivie
I do believe horse thieves should be hung. Seeing the picture of your mare was almost breathtaking. She has more black on her, but her face is so much like my daughter's Black and white paint Cherokee. They are God's creatures! The relationship between you and your horse is something so many do not understand. You are each other's caretaker, friend, but most of all you are a team. I pray that God eases your pain, and that the ones who abused one of his creatures feel God's wrath.

2004/10/05 @ 21:14:25 by Angel
I know the hurt of losing a partner~Mine was killed by a car~I thought I'd never get over it. We don't , really.But God gives us grace to get through it. It is horrendous what they did to your beautiful mare and partner.I pray for God to comfort you and ease your pain,and that the guilty ones be brought to justice immediately. Rustling (horses and cattle) is still a hanging offense. It is still on the books.Why don't they enforce these anymore? It would stop a lot of this. Would save a lot of heartaches for us horse owners..
God bless you.
Angel

2004/10/06 @ 06:26:57 by Cindy
So very sorry for your loss.The thieves will one day receive their due justice. Your mare was beautiful.
On September 30,'04,my 9 year old granddaughter and my daughter lost an 11 year old AQHA gelding, 16.1h. Rex had been over back on the hill grazing with 8 other horses, when something (cougar,all signs point to this, recently relocated by the DEC) spooked the horses, sending them pellmell down the side of a hill towards the pond. Rex fell on a sapling tree trunk, leftover by the beavers, impaling him, then sent him headfirst into a swamphole where my husband & I found him. He hadn't come in for supper. Ashley had been riding him on barrels and poles since she was 3, and had just started goat tying with this gentle giant of a horse. My granddaugher put on his headstone "the most loved horse". We feel your pain. Good luck to you. Our horses will always be in our hearts and memories.

2004/10/06 @ 08:38:58 by Liz Mac
Jeff,
I am sooo sorry for your loss! I don't know how any human being could kill a helpless animal. May God not give any mercy to the thieves souls. God Bless that poor mare!

Liz Mac

2004/10/06 @ 08:43:31 by Caitlin
I am so sorry for you, I am lucky enough that my horse {even though I have my angry moments w/ him} hasn't had any thing bad happen to hi. God Bless you good luck in find the Nasty people who did this to your friend,companion, most of all giver of life. In august my friend got a horse,{bubba} & about 3-4 weeks later he had to be put down because he injured 3 of his 4 tendons/ ligaments! SHe was depressed for awhile {mean while we were at the dakota county fair.}
- -

2004/10/06 @ 19:49:07 by kaila king
I feel your pain my cowdog "BOB" got run over yesterday while I was getting ready to go to a barell race. Who ever ran over him did not even stop. They are animals but, they are friends and family. My heart is broke and I feel your pain, God bless you and I will pray for your pain to ease. Kaila

2004/10/07 @ 08:42:23 by Michelle
That is so horriable, i'm so sorry god bless!!!

2004/10/08 @ 18:18:21 by Michelle
My heart goes out to you, people like that don't deserve the air that they breathe.

2004/10/08 @ 21:30:07 by Denise
I am so sorry for your loss, She was a beautiful mare. I just wish the law would let the people take things of this nature into our own hands. The punishment would suit the crime, we would have less criminals, and less taxes to pay to care for these crepes. It just makes me so angry that someone would harm such a beautiful and harmless animal. And to think that if he does get caught we have to pay his FEED BILL!! Its just not right! I hope they catch this freak and throw him in with some ol'jailed cowboys,... word will get out and you can be sure the punishment would suit the crime.
My thoughts and prayers are with you Jeff.. God Bless her and my she rest in peace.

2004/10/09 @ 18:31:03 by Lisa Jo
This is a good example of how cruel people are. I hope you have some control if they find the killer, because frankly I don't think I would just have to kill them.

2004/10/11 @ 21:37:34 by sharon
My heart goes out to you. I can
only imagine the hurt you are
feeling.I hope that the person
responsible is caught and delt
what is deserved so that nobody
else has to go through what you are.

2004/10/12 @ 05:10:35 by Robbin
Dear Jeff There is not anything anyone can say to make the pain go away, time will help, I am very sorry for your loss. Toni at www.angelhandranch.com helped me thru a tuff situation in which I lost my best friend, look her up & she maybe able to help you locate who did this terrible thing to your girl...Good Luck in your search. If theres anything we can do as a group please post it, this needs to be taken care of & those people dealt with properly, so all horses are safe, from monsters like that. God Bless

2004/10/13 @ 09:57:46 by Kim Cameron
Jeff,
I feel your pain! I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.I did not have a horse stolen but I had a very nice mare that was shot in my own pasture.I can not believe that there are people in this world that can actually do such a thing.I hope that you find who did this to your mare.(I never have).

Kim

2004/10/13 @ 20:29:01 by Jerri
Jeff,
I am sorry! There are no words to help with your pain, just remember...They will get what is coming to them one way or another.

Jerri

2004/10/15 @ 13:47:15 by melissa jones
i am so sorry for your lost.. that makes me so sad
i just wanted to cry when i heard what happened to your horse.

2004/10/18 @ 08:22:43 by Shannon
I am very sorry to hear about your beautiful mare. I have no idea why someone would do such a horrible thing, in fact Im sure that we could never understand. I hope they are caught and punished to the fullest extent of the law...then the good Lord will also extend a greater punishment. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Shannon

2004/11/01 @ 20:43:57 by Janice
I am so sickened by the loss of your beloved horse. It is beyond me how someone can hurt, abuse, neglect, or kill any living thing....

2004/11/03 @ 10:24:25 by Please check out-Net Posse/Stolen Horse International
What a horrible thing to do to this horse. I hope the person who did, has a similar thing happen to them.

Here is a link for another Stolen horse organization that has had some good results in locating missing or stolen horses. The person who founded this site had her own horse stolen. There were no resources like the internet to help her search. Even the local Sheriff was not able to help much as the horse was taken over state lines. It took her YEARS to recover him, but recover him she did. This site is a result of her dedication to helping other owners prevent their horses from being stolen. http://www.netposse.com/protectionlist.htm

It would be wonderful if we could unite all of the stolen horse web sites to work together so we could catch the evil persons who do this sort of thing.

Please pass it on.

Thank you

2004/11/17 @ 20:23:33 by Tracy
I hate to hear of stuff like this. I am truely sorry, and believe some day the barbarian(s) that did this will also be more than sorry! They will for sure get what is coming to them!! Your mare is so pretty, she looked so precious! Where is this world headed? I wish you nothing but luck in your search for these barbarians, and my heart and prayers go out to your family.

2004/11/19 @ 13:22:08 by Phyllis Torturo
I was very upset to read your story like everyone else. There is a animal comunicator named Toni Ttombel she does alot of free work to help with lost or stolen animals her no. is 1-830-540-3744 and her web adress ia www.angelhands.com good luck Phyllis
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling