8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: Stolen Saddles Recovered  (Read 5095 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Stolen Saddles Recovered
« on: February 10, 2005, 03:43:49 PM »

My daughter's barrel saddle was stolen from the barn that we board our horses at in Magnolia, Texas on April 28, 2004. Around that time there were many, many saddles stolen all around the Houston area.
I really never thought I would see that saddle again but several months ago it was recovered through the Sheriff's Department at a pawn shop in Humble, TX and we now have it back. When I went to the Sheriff's Property Room to claim it, there were other friends there that I had not seen in along time and they were claiming stolen saddles too, having their saddles stolen around the same time. What a coincidence!
There are still many, many unclaimed saddles! If anyone had a saddle stolen, you can contact Deputy Kelly at 281-885-4552. I also want to express my sincere gratitude to Deputy Kelly for cathching this burglar and getting our saddle back to us! One thing I learned from all of this is to mark the serial number (yes, saddles have them) or your driver's license number under the leather skirt of the saddle.

Thank you
Pam Brady
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling