8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Prayers to the Goostree Family  (Read 4326 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Prayers to the Goostree Family
« on: August 02, 2014, 04:17:15 PM »
Got the call that Phil passed away.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline wars

• Wicked Witch Of the West
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • I'm a barrel racing mama!
Re: Prayers to the Goostree Family
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 07:17:10 PM »
I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT PHIL.  ALL THE PRAYERS TO HIS FAMILY.  MAY GOD HELP THROUGH THESE TIMES.  AMEN

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 07:43:03 PM »
My heart goes to Carole and all his family.  That includes Chuck and Jackie Dunn, and his D&G family.  Every barrel racer that has run down an alley has Phil Goostree to thank for good ground, whether he was doing the ground or we were just comparing to his gold standard.
He is now pain free and enjoying the rest from tractor driving!!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 08:40:53 PM »
My prayers go out to the Goosetree and D&G families. We have lost a good man and friend.

Offline turninthree

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 09:18:27 AM »
I got to know Phil really well when I started going to the D & G's on Thursday.  He was always there and we'd sit and visit.  What a really nice person he was.  Not to mention his contribution to the barrel racing community.  RIP in dear friend.  You will be so greatly missed, and thank you for all your hard work done for the good of the sport of barrel racing. 
God's comfort to Carol and the D & G crew past and present.  Believe me when you go to their barrel races you will see that we ARE a part of a unique and wonderful family.  May comfort and strength that only God can provide cover you during this difficult time.
Cathy Cahill

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 07:25:00 PM »
Services will be held Thursday at 2pm in Duncan ok at the Stephen Co Fairgrounds Arena.  In lieu of flowers there will be a Phil Goostree Memorial Scholarship fund.   More details about the Scholarship Fund will follow.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline RunningOnPaints

• Mega Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 08:30:03 AM »
My prayers and thougths go out to his family and all the friends... he was a great man... and a gentle soul....
he will be grealty missed....