Author Topic: How to Submit an event on new calendar  (Read 7169 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
How to Submit an event on new calendar
« on: November 20, 2015, 12:14:17 PM »
Here is how you submit an event.

Step 1. The asterisk tell you what is going to have to be done in the form.  Captcha is turned off for right now.  So skip to step 3.  If we are hit by spammers I will have to turn it back on.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:08:12 PM by Tamet Gould »
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Re: Submitting an event on new calendar
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 12:19:19 PM »
Step 2. Next is Authentication type in what appears in the box above. In this case it is sugar house. The reason that this is on there is because spammer will use a form on a site to make the site stop working by sending request over and over. This pretty much stops it.
This feature has been turned off for now. If we are hit by spammers I will have to turn it back on.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:08:38 PM by Tamet Gould »
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 12:26:28 PM »
If you can't read it or just want another one click on the blue square that looks like 2 arrows and it will give you another choice.
This feature has been turned off for now. If we are hit by spammers I will have to turn it back on.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 09:49:56 PM by Bob Gould »

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 12:30:43 PM »
Still unable to read it? If so click on the speaker and it will read it to you.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 09:50:12 PM by Bob Gould »

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Re: Submitting an event on new calendar Contact name
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 12:34:21 PM »
Step 3.  Next contact name. We do not sale or reuse these names in any shape form or fashion.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:09:11 PM by Tamet Gould »

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Re: Submitting an event on new calendar- Event Title
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 12:45:26 PM »
Step 4.  Enter the title of the event. This is what is displayed on the calendar itself. The first thing anyone sees. I normally add the city state to them after when I approve it.

If you title your event like (your name) arena, that is what will show up. If you are only having exhibitions consider calling it Exhibitions at (your name) - grandview, tx. You don't have to but it will make it easier for people to understand what is happening there and cause them to click on the link for more info.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:11:18 PM by Tamet Gould »

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Re: Submitting an event on new calendar- Event Description
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 12:54:02 PM »
Step 5.  In the description tell about the event. times for books open and exh. youth or whatever. It is possible to highlight make bold or even paste html here. Although no html, links or pictures are allowed in free ads.  To Upgrade your ad to the Front Page and highlighted on the Events Calendar click http://www.ebarrelracing.com/advertising.html.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:14:02 PM by Tamet Gould »

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 12:59:20 PM »
Cost. This one most people can leave empty because of a the other fees and such. But there is a search that will look for cost. It is totally up to you if you want fill this in
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 01:37:29 PM by Bob Gould »

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 01:09:57 PM »
STEP 6
Now we come to the part that is causing confusion. To choose a date click on the little calendar
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:15:11 PM by Tamet Gould »

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Re: Submitting an event on new calendar Setting - reoccurring days
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 01:16:51 PM »
Then a box will appear with month year and days on it. Click on the arrow pointing down next to the month if the name of the month is NOT the month of your event
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 02:14:55 PM by Bob Gould »

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2015, 01:18:15 PM »
Choose year if the year is NOT the year of your event. Then click on the day of the event.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2015, 01:22:31 PM »
When you click on the day it will show in the box like this. If it is not right just do the steps again. If the event is multiple this date should be the first day of the event.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2015, 01:26:35 PM »
Step 7
In start time make sure you set the time you want and remember to choose AM or PM
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:15:58 PM by Tamet Gould »

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2015, 01:30:56 PM »
In most barrel races there are no end times but some folks are running just exhibitions till a certain time. If you your event is going to end at a certain time set it other wise click on no end time

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Re: Submitting an event on new calendar Event on multiple days
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2015, 01:36:34 PM »
If you event runs over multiple days and has different start times then you can click on override times and just have each start time in the details. Otherwise you will have to enter each day separately.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 11:51:21 AM by Bob Gould »