8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Party Hardy  (Read 5708 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Party Hardy
« on: February 12, 2005, 10:57:28 AM »

You know I've been talking about how dumb Delbert was but Delbert had
a friend that wasn't quite as bright who's last name was Hardy. I can't remember his first name but they called him Party Hardy, Which should give you some idea of what kind of person he was. Anyway ol' Party Hardy had an old Nash Rambler in the days when you couldn't give them away you had to pay someone 50 bucks to come get it. Hardy had painted it himself, dad says you could tell from a mile away that he did. Once a year Party Hardy went down to the hardware store and bought a straw broom and couple of gallons lime green of house paint and "went to town" painting it. Anyway to get back to the story, Dad and Delbert were driving down the road when they came up on an accident. As they passed they saw a lime green Nash Rambler on it's top.
Dad says to Delbert "ain't that your buddy Hardy's car?" So they whip over and get out and go up the the wreck. A highway trooper stops them and says "you can't come on to the scene of an accident" Delbert says to the officer "I think that's my buddy's car." The officer replies "I hate to tell you this but your buddy's dead and we need you to identify the body." So Delbert goes over to where they have to sheet covering a large and a small lump. The officer picks up the sheet from off the small lump to see Hardy's severed head Delbert leans over picks up the head by the hair looks it right in the face and says "Nope, this ain't my buddy. My buddy's alot taller than this".

Delbert's Quote Of the Week: Reality: a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there!

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.