8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Barrel Racers be aware of scam barrel racing sites  (Read 2477 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Barrel Racers be aware of scam barrel racing sites
« on: February 02, 2016, 12:13:04 PM »
I found a couple of scam sites on the internet that appear to be real but they are using feeds of our site BBR site and others. They have no content of their own. One has events listed but they are using our events calendar to put them on their site. I know because when I click on read more on the events it ends up on the calendar. One is using Martha Wright's book cover on it. They have books and videos for sale but I am betting it is just to get your credit card number. I am not saying what the sites name is but just be aware.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Re: Barrel Racers be aware of scam barrel racing sites
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 02:08:39 PM »
One had taken the name of the ezine to make a site. One was setting up to do the same thing calling it barrel race world. wasn't set up yet but they had links to it already.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 09:03:10 PM by Bob Gould »
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Re: Barrel Racers be aware of scam barrel racing sites
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 09:04:13 PM »
They are going by barrelracenews on tweeter and barrel race updates on Facebook