8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Delbert's boy Johnny  (Read 5771 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Delbert's boy Johnny
« on: February 12, 2005, 11:09:45 AM »
Delbert's boy Johnny
I've heard the one of Delbert's boys Johnny went into law enforcement. Some how or another he made it into the highway patrol. Anyway after the Pope had just finished a tour of the East Coast and was taking a limousine to the airport. Having never driven a limo, he asked the chauffeur if he could drive for a while. Without much of a choice, the chauffeur climbed in the back of the limo and the Pope took the wheel.
After gleefully accelerating to about 90 mph, the Pope was pulled over by the Highway Patrol Delbert's boy Johnny as a matter of fact. Johnny came to his window, took a look inside, and said, "Just a moment, please. I need to call in." Johnny called in and asked for the chief. He told the chief, "I've got a REALLY important person pulled over and I need to know what to do."
The chief replied, "Who is it? A senator?"
Johnny said, "No, even more important."
The chief asked, "It's the Governor, isn't it?"
"No. More important."
"The President?"
"No. More important."
"Well, Who the heck is it?!," screams the chief.
"I don't know," says Johnny. "But he's got the Pope as a chauffeur."
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.