8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Dee Dee Smith Injured  (Read 5968 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Dee Dee Smith Injured
« on: February 13, 2005, 08:09:45 PM »

I didn't know if you had heard that Dee Dee fell off a ladder Sat and broke her leg badly. She had surgery Sat night and they put a plate and 9 screws on one side and 3 screws on the other. They are concerned about infection as the bone was exposed and that is a big danger. She is in a great deal of pain right now as would be expected.
She can be contacted at 817-373-2925.

UPDATE From Dee Dee
Tamet, I would like to write to thank everyone for the many phone calls and visits I received from all my dear friends concerning my accident. This has been a very painful experience but the extreme thoughtfulness of all of my friends has been just wonderful. I am recovering at home and different people are taking turns staying with me. I am almost helpless, because of the remoteness of my house. (IN the middle of a pasture, with unlevel ground. Ground that is not very condusive to a walker or crutch walking) The Bledsues' rigged up a former riding lawn tractor so I can get from the porch to the pasture and thus to the car, You should see me tooling along in first gear sitting sideways on the lawn tractor slowing moving towards the car. Once in the car I am free, I can drive, (I broke my left leg.) The only problem is the two gates I have to open and close to get out of my pasture to the road. I have not solved that problem yet so I have to wait until someone can go with me. I am working on a plan to devise a way to get the gates open I may resort to ramming them with the car.!!!!

I really want to thank everyone and I really appreciate all of your thoughtfullness. I go back to the Dr Oct 7 and we will know if I am out of the woods on my foot. it is still unknown the extent of the damage, but I know in my heart that God has already healed my foot and leg and I will be back to working my 3 jobs and riding soon. God has been so good to me, the fact that I just broke my leg and ankle instead of my back or neck from a 8 ft fall is a miracle in itself. Please keep me in your prayers. Love Dee Dee Smith

Update Jan 2005
I saw Dee Dee and just found out that her foot was all but cut off by the scar she had almost lost her foot. She is walking now with a limp but she is getting round pretty good.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Re: Dee Dee Smith Injured
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 08:13:00 PM »
Jack&Sharon Brooks
our prayers are with you, Dee Dee. Keep your spirit up and if you need any help just call. With God you will be on your feet soon. Jack&Sharon

2004/09/14 @ 12:09:03 by Camille McCain
My prayer`s are with you.Alot of people are thinking of you with lot`s of prayer`s.You will be back on your horse real soon.Camille

2004/09/14 @ 12:44:48 by Martha Reeves
DeeDee, sorry to hear about your accident, I will remember you in my prayers. Martha Reeves

2004/09/14 @ 13:44:22 by Robbie Hall
DeeDee,

I was so sorry to hear about your accident. I am sure that God will use your "down time" for you to get even closer to Him. We are all praying that you will heal quickly and completely, and be back on your horses real soon.

Robbie

2004/09/14 @ 23:42:09 by Paula Muirhead
Dee Dee
So sorry to hear about your fall. My prayers are with you. Keep your head up and you will be back abord soon!!!
Paula

2004/09/15 @ 07:50:48 by Mary Jane Miller
DeeDee, So sorry to hear about your accident. With God's help you will be up and at um soon. You are in my prayers and hope everything goes well for you.
Best wishes,
Mary Jane

2004/09/15 @ 09:17:16 by Tysh Franklin
Girl you are one tough cookie!! My prayers are with you. Take care of yourself and YES you have to do what the doctor says! ;)

With much LOVE,
Tysh

2004/09/15 @ 18:35:34 by Norma Hand
DeeDee,
I am so sorry about your accident. You will be in our prayers. May God bless you and keep you.
Norma

2004/09/18 @ 19:53:49 by Pat Henninges
Dee Dee, I am so sorry to hear of your accident. You are in my prayers and hurry up and get well. I know that with God's help, you'll be back on your horses very soon.
C U soon.
Pat Henninges

2004/09/21 @ 12:45:41 by Rex & Renda Tillerson
Diedra! Buy shorter horses. No more ladders! Love you so. Am believing the Lord for a miracle recovery. Rest in Him for a short while and take this time to renew your spirit and strength. We have you in our prayers. Renda & Rex

2004/09/29 @ 08:20:50 by Karol Hammett
Dee Dee: Glad to hear you are able to get around. I have put you on our prayer list at church and I know you will have full recovery. May God be with you always.

2004/09/29 @ 10:06:48 by Susie Campbell
Hey girlfriend, I am really glad that your misfortune did not take your sense of humor. I can shut my eyes and see you running over the gate, riding that mower, and using that cane for a weapon. Wishing you a big time speedy recovery. Luv ya.....

2004/09/30 @ 13:31:48 by Cindy Johnson
DeeDee, I am sending you this email for Lawrence "Red" Weaver. I told him of your fall and he was going to call you but does not have a phone number. If you want to talk with him give me a call at 214-906-4544 and leave me your number. Hope you are doing better.

2004/10/01 @ 14:59:45 by Jo Nell Pool
I just read this. I am so sorry about the accident. I know how tough you are and you will be back on your feet soon. Everytime I have another horse for sale I think about you. You have helped me out so much in the past so If I can help you in any way let me know. Besides the pain the sitting aroung and not being able to do anything is hard. Take care

2004/10/01 @ 18:17:10 by Kathy Lewis
Dee Dee;
I just saw this and I am so sorry that you are hurt. You and Truman had better stay off those ladders. He broke his ankle in 2001 and it took two years before he quit limping. You are in our prayers and I hope that you will recover real soon. I know how it is to want to ride and can't.
You take care. I wish I lived close so that I could help.

Love you,
Kathy

2004/10/02 @ 10:37:48 by Christy Frakes
Dee Dee,I am so sorry to here about your injury! I can sure simpathize! My horse fell on me June of 2003 and broke my leg in eight places! Sandy Avants broke hers at the same time so we were a good support team for each other. Good news is it will heal as mine did you just need to be patient and pray . Dr. told me it would take 18 months for the bones to completely fuse. That will be this December for me! I have been riding for awhile but getting my nerve back has been the hardedst thing. Anyway, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and just be the strong willed lady that you are... all will be fine!Sincerely, Christy

2004/10/03 @ 16:22:05 by Mary Little
Dee Dee, we are so sorry to hear of your accident. Our prayers are that you have a quick healing recovery. Take care and don't let any more ladders throw you! Love ya, Mary and Johnny Little

2004/10/09 @ 19:23:49 by E Pinson
Dee Dee - Wow, we go back a LONG way so I feel comfortable in saying this - Girl, these old bones don't heal like they used to so stay away from dangerous places. Hope you're getting much better by now. I'll put you on my prayer list.

2004/10/12 @ 02:33:15 by Tammy Nyman
DEAR DEE DEE,
I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT YOUR FALL.
I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS BUT SO GLAD IT WASN'T WORSE. YOU HAVE SOLD ME SO SOME GOOD HORSES OVER THE YEARS AND ALWAYS TREATED ME GOOD. JUST WANTED TO TAKE THIS TIME TO SAY THANKS. I AM STILL RUNNING THE CAMERONION GELDING AND JUST LOVE HIM. KEEP UP THE GOOD SPIRITS AND WITH YOUR DETERMINATION AND ALL THE PRAYERS-YOU WILL BE RIDING AGAIN SOON. WILL BE LOOKING FOR A HORSE COME SPRING, MAYBE YOU WILL HAVE ONE. HOPE THE GATE SURVIVES! GOD BLESS,
TAMMY

2004/10/13 @ 14:42:57 by Jackie Frank
So sorry to hear about this. Please let me know if I can do anything. I can certainly relate to the house in the middle of the pasture, uneven ground and crutches. God never gives us more than we can handle. The Zevi says hay and he still loves ya.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling