8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Pray For Ray Lindsey  (Read 4414 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Pray For Ray Lindsey
« on: February 13, 2005, 08:14:37 PM »

He had surgery on him neck today and has finished with the corrective surgery on him hand. He is still heavily sedated but they are starting to decrease it now to see if he will wake up.
Please ask everyone to continue to pray for him and the family. It is a sad situation for them all.

Update 10/04/2004
Ray has been weaned from the trak, he is breathing a lot on his own. He is on a c pac the first step in weaning him. He can have visitors!! So be sure and stop in and talk to him and let him know you are there and he is in your prayers.

Update
Ray Lindsey's accident. This coming Saturday will be one month since Ray Lindsey, father of barrel racers Lindsey and Nicole, their mother is Becky, members of Tx 19, was involved in a one auto accident. He was pulling a flat bed trailer and while crosses a bridge, somehow high centered the guard rail wedging his trailer. His truck twisted off and he plunged several feet down below. The Drs. don't know exactly how long he was there before someone came along and found him. No one knows the details of this accident, since Ray was alone. He was careflighted to Harris Hospital in Fort Worth where is has layed in the Trauma center fighting for his life. He suffered severe head injuries and numerous other injuries. He has been in a coma since the accident, some of it induced by the Drs. to keep him comfortable while healing. He has had several surgeries and is on breathing support. On Monday, Sept. 27th, he was moved to a life care center on Bryan-Irving Street in Fort Worth for rehabilitation. If anyone can help this family in anyway, please contact a family friend named Rebecca at 817/477-2066. We will further update this prayer request as information is given to us. Thank you for your prayers.

GREAT NEWS TODAY

Some of you already know the good news but those of you that don't here goes. Ray is alert and talking some as of today. Becky called me this morning around 11:00 and told me that he started talking to her this morning when she arrived and he knows when you are talking to him, he looks at you and follows your movement. They held a newspaper up to him and he followed the headlines they said, so looks like he is on the mend. About eight of us went to see him at lunch and he looked at all of us and talked some. Becky ask that anyone that wants to see him come on up as that helps with his rehab. They are trying to see if they can have him moved to Baylor Trauma Center in Dallas maybe by weekend or early next week.

Again the address is:

LifeCare Hospital of Fort Worth
6201 Overton Ridge
Fort Worth - Room 100
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Re: Pray For Ray Lindsey
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 08:22:22 PM »
Martha Reeves
I am praying for Ray's full recovery and that God will give you strength during this time.
God bless you, Martha

2004/09/22 @ 18:04:26 by Lorena Sherlock
Everyone is praying for you Ray.
God bless you and your family.
Lorena

2004/09/27 @ 18:10:50 by Becky Yearu
The NBHA Tex19 is praying you the Lindsey Family.Girls just stay strong and GOD will take care of the rest. We don't know why things happen but they are always for the best. Somtimes we can't see it,Just trust in God and he will take care of you.
Becky Yeary

2004/09/28 @ 09:33:40 by Jim & Sam Templeton
Our prayers are with you Becky, Nicole, Casey and your family. I know this is a difficult time for you, just hold hands and pray, and remember the power of prayer and the miracles of God. Know that no day will go by that we don't pray for Ray's recovery.

2004/10/01 @ 10:37:04 by Leslie Gilley
Becky, Casey, Nicole........my heart and prayers are with you and Ray. Put Ray in God's hands. Stay strong in faith, walk with God and he will see you thru.I've been there so I know for a fact this is true. Please do not hesitate to call if there is anything I can do to help you during this time.

2004/10/01 @ 11:30:05 by Robin Davenport
We are all praying for Ray to recover 100%.. If there is anything ya'll need please call..nothing is to big or to small so if we can help please call... Ray is in great hands and God will take care of him.

Our prayers are with you every day.
"GOD BLESS" you and your family

2004/10/03 @ 08:23:17 by Teresa
The phone number for the family friend, Rebecca - should be 817-477-2066. The family does need some help with a few things and Rebecca can fill you in on those needs. Of course, lots of prayers are needed for Ray, Becky, Casey, Nicole and the rest of their family.

2004/10/20 @ 20:19:03 by Teresa
GREAT NEWS TODAY

Some of you already know the good news but those of you that don't here goes. Ray is alert and talking some as of today. Becky called me this morning around 11:00 and told me that he started talking to her this morning when she arrived and he knows when you are talking to him, he looks at you and follows your movement. They held a newspaper up to him and he followed the headlines they said, so looks like he is on the mend. About eight of us went to see him at lunch and he looked at all of us and talked some. Becky ask that anyone that wants to see him come on up as that helps with his rehab. They are trying to see if they can have him moved to Baylor Trauma Center in Dallas maybe by weekend or early next week.

Again the address is:

LifeCare Hospital of Fort Worth
6201 Overton Ridge
Fort Worth - Room 100

2004/10/25 @ 11:50:15 by Kelly Kaminski
Ray, you and your family are in my prayers! Hang in there and keep the faith.
God Bless!
Kelly Kaminski

2004/11/19 @ 11:44:01 by Teresa
Ray's condition has dramatically improved. He has regained consciousness, is eating, talking, recognizes family, friends and coworkers, responds to requests, and remembers prior to and after his accident. I just spoke with a family friend, Becky and she said Ray walked with help yesterday!

Ray has been transferred to the Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation (BIR) in Dallas, where he is participating in their Traumatic Brain Injury Program. BIR is considered to be one of the best rehabilitation hospitals in the U.S. Since Ray will be getting about six hours of therapy per day, you may want to consider limiting your visits to evenings or weekends. Visiting hours are from 8am to 9pm. The institute is located at 3505 Gaston Avenue in Dallas and the phone number is 214-820-9300.

The family still needs help financially and with food and yard work, etc. Financial donations can be made payable to Alcon Credit Union - Raymie Lindsey with a note that it is for Raymie or Rebecca Lindsey account and sent to: Alcon Credit Union Q-138, 6201 S. Freeway, Ft. Worth, Texas 76134. For information on helping with food, yard work, etc - contact Rebecca Raider at 817-477-2066.

And of course prayers, prayers and more prayers are encouraged and appreciated!
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling