8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Prayers for Dorothy Funderberg  (Read 4708 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Prayers for Dorothy Funderberg
« on: February 13, 2005, 08:44:51 PM »
 12/22/04

Dorothy was riding one of her horses yesterday and it tripped and fell with her. She hit the arena fence. She is in I.C.U. at BAMC in San Antonio. She has four broken or cracked bones in the small of her back (but they don't have anything to do with the spine). They are hoping to move her to a private room today. She is in a lot of pain. They say she might be able to go home sometime in the next few days. Please pray for her and her family. If you want to send e-mails, she will be able to check them probably sometime after Christmas or Will (her brother) can do it for her before then. Please don't call her phone now as JW (her Husband) has it and is sitting in the waiting room of I.C.U. If you want to post your thoughts and prayer, I'll print them and give them to her and JW. JW calls with updates after each of the doctor visits, so I'll keep you posted. The girls are with Doris and Bill (her mom and dad).

Judy Neitsch
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Re: Prayers for Dorothy Funderberg
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 08:50:07 PM »
Judy
Just talked to JW. Dorothy is extremely lucky becausse it could have been so much worse. She was riding a horse and it tripped going into first barrel. Dorothy flew off and landed on the top rail of the arena ( a 2 1/2 inch pipe) with her chest and stomach. She has a small cut on her liver and and two broken lumbar vertibra in her lower back and an badly briused chest and stomach. If there is no bleeding of her liver in the first 24 hours then she will be released tomorrow afternoon. If there is any bleeding then they will have to do surgery. The breaks are in part of your lower back where all the muscles contect to the spine. So any movement is extremely painful. The IV's are being removed now and she is being started on oral medication. She will have a long road ahead of her.

2004/12/22 @ 16:12:43 by Christina Rydell
God Bless you Dorothy. You and your family are in my prayers. If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask. Darryl says hang in there and get well soon - you are in his prayers as well.

2004/12/22 @ 23:05:35 by Catherine Cooper
Dorothy, My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.I was so shocked to read about this, I just talked to you last week about keeping my horses at your place during the holidays. If there is anything I can do to help yall while Im there, I will be glad to help. May God bless you and your family. Catherine Cooper

2004/12/23 @ 08:51:06 by Judy
Talked to JW last night. The hospital got Dorothy up and made her walk a little yesterday. She is eating regular food and is getting back to sound like herself. She has one more test to go through this morning and if it all looks good then she can come home late this afternoon. She has a long road ahead with those broken bones in her back.

2004/12/23 @ 09:10:37 by Judy
JW just called a few minutes ago. Dorothy is headed home in about two hours. He said that the test must have come back fine because they are releasing her. He will get back with more details later.

2004/12/23 @ 09:27:26 by MaryJane Callahan
Dorothy,
I am so sorry you got hurt....My prayers are with you and your family. I hope that you have a speedy recovery....

MJ

2004/12/23 @ 13:06:01 by Kim Bek
Dorothy,

May GOD bless you now and forever. My prayers are with you. Hope to see you soon.

Kim Bek

2004/12/23 @ 15:46:38 by Cheryl
Dorothy,

Thank God, you are going home, especially during the holidays. I know you are probably hurting, just glad to hear your are okay.

Our prayers have worked for you.

Take Care,

Cheryl Sellers

2004/12/23 @ 17:24:04 by Tiffany Osborne
WILL BE PRAYING AND THINKING OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DURING CHRISTMAS. GOD BLESS, TIFFANY

2004/12/23 @ 20:03:18 by Debby Guy
You and your family will be in all of my prayers. So glad that you will be home for Christmas.
God Bless You:

Debby Guy

2004/12/27 @ 15:56:22 by Casey Sharp
Dorothy,
My prayers are with you and your family, and my God bless you. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Take care, hope to see you soon
Casey

2004/12/27 @ 20:07:49 by Dorothy Funderburg
Thank you friends for your prayers, it is overwelling the support from such a wonderful group.
I am going to be fine, I have a grade II laserated liver and a couple of broken bones in my back but all are intack. I go back in 2 wks for more x-rays to see about therapy. I am very lucky it could have been worse. I am walking and functioning it will just take time for the healing. Bless all of you and thank you again for being there for me and my family in your prayers!

2004/12/27 @ 20:19:12 by Melinda Harllee
Dorothy .... I hope you get to feeling better soon!!! Back injuries are not any fun!! {and that liver thing too! :)} You need a catch rider? ;) Get Well soon and I wanna see your dad on running barrels!!

2004/12/27 @ 23:44:56 by Sandy Maxwell
Dorothy,
I pray for you a very speedy and painless recovery as possible!
If there is anything I can do for you and/or the district please let me know. God Bless, Sandy Maxwell

2004/12/29 @ 14:59:59 by Cindy Robertson
God Bless You Dorothy and a Very Speedy Recovery to you. I'll see ya at Cowboy Nationals again!!!
Ha! You'll be there!! I'm praying for you girl!
Cindy Robertson

2004/12/29 @ 21:22:11 by Amber Armstrong
Just got back from Wy. and Heard about your accident. God Bless you and you are in my Prayers.

Amber

2004/12/30 @ 11:41:18 by Judy
Benefit barrel race for Dorothy
January 9th, 2005
Diamond F arena, Seguin, Tx.
Church services at 9am
Exhibitions at 10 $5.00
Open 4-D at 1:00 $35.00
Added Money
Silent auction
FMI: Roberta 210-601-2847 or
Cindi 210-219-2647

2004/12/30 @ 13:42:02 by Loyana Pollok
Dorothy, just found out about your accident. I'm sorry to hear about that. Most of us have had our share of bumps, bruises and broken bones!!! I know you will be back in the saddle as soon as you can! Take good care and follow the doctor's orders. I will pray for your SPEEDY RECOVERY. Let me know if I can help with anything - seriously!

2004/12/31 @ 08:38:20 by Brenda J. Smith
Dorothy, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident, but so very grateful that you are back on the mend! Today was the first time I've been on my computer in quite a while or I would have written sooner! Take care and allow yourself plenty of time to heal. :) Happy New Year, too!

2004/12/31 @ 09:31:47 by LAVINIA TRULL
DOROTHY I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT YOUR ACCIDENT. I'M SO SORRY. EVERYONE IS PRAYING FOR YOU & I KNOW YOU'LL GET THIS THING WHIPPED. I'M THE OLDER WOMAN THAT ALWAYS GOES TO THE QHS's THE END OF JULY AT THE ROSE PALACE. I ALWAYS THINK ABOUT YOU WHEN I'M THERE & AKK ABOUT YOU. I MISS SEEING YOU THERE BUT I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT YOU HAVE A NICE PEN SOMEWHERE AROUND SEGUIN. I HAVEN'T HAD THE CHANCE TO GO BUT HOPE TOO SOMETIME. GLAD THAT YOUR HOME & WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR. WILL KEEP YOU IN MY THOUGHTS ALWAYS. LAVINIA

2004/12/31 @ 13:03:28 by Linda Waxman
Dorothy, just now checked this site and found out about your accident. So sorry to hear that you are hurt, but thankful you will be recovering. I know that it is going to be tough at first to lay around and heal, but give your body all the time it needs. All my family wishes you and yours a very Happy New Year. Take care of yourself! Linda
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling