8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: H.R.2929 The Spy Act  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
H.R.2929 The Spy Act
« on: February 17, 2005, 10:44:16 AM »
This Act is cited as the `Securely Protect Yourself Against Cyber Trespass Act' or the `SPY ACT'.
This act mske it unlawful for any person, who is not the owner or authorized user of a protected computer, to engage in deceptive acts or practices that involve any of the following conduct with respect to the protected computer:
(1) Taking control of the computer by--

( A ) utilizing such computer to send unsolicited information or material from the protected computer to others;

( B ) diverting the Internet browser of the computer, or similar program of the computer used to access and navigate the Internet

I can't help but wonder if these folks considered that a lot of spyware does tell you it is installing. It's just that people aren't reading the messages as they are installing a program.

=> http://www.internetnews.com/xSP/article.php/3483741

I'm glad they are finally doing something we'll see if this really helps or if they are able to enforce it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 10:47:21 AM by Bob "Lightining" Gould »
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling