8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: From Cathy Tate  (Read 2988 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
From Cathy Tate
« on: February 18, 2005, 10:04:10 AM »

Hi Everyone, I felt I needed to send this email out to warn you all of some scammin goin on.  This person that sent me this email had been in touch with me before trying to buy a different saddle I had online. He sent me a cashiers check for way over the cost of the saddle . Contacted me wanting the remainder because his wife was sick and needed the money for hospital bills. ( The saddle was  $325 . He sent a check for $3,000!!! He is located in London, England.)  I had taken the check to my bank and they called the bank that had supposedly issued it, it didn't even have the right amount of numbers!!!  The check looked fake too.  It was turned over to the sherriffs dept. , and the FBI has been in touch with me also. They say there is nothing we can do about this because they are over seas.  jSo if I can keep one person from getting taken by them I will.
   My daughter also had a truck for sale on line and she also got 2 different emails wanting it and they were from overseas.  Different email addresses to this guy tho.
  So if you are selling anything online and someone from over seas sends you a cashiers check for whatever you are selling, take it to your bank and have them call the bank that it is drawn on to make sure its good.  And do not send money to them!!!  They should not send more than the asking price!!!
  I will get off my soap box now and leave you poor people alone.  Thanks and God Bless!!
                             Cathy Tate

=> Click here for a world wide chat whose aim is to wipe out 419 scams

=> Scampatrol.org can answer your questions about these scams

mark wood [email protected] wrote:

To:
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 07:34:22 +0800
Subject: Barrel Saddle ...........$550......

Hello,
It's been nice knowing this web-site and truly found what exact thing have been looking for.I got the placement of your the advert of your Saddle: from a decent site and decided to make a contact with you and really found out about what your last Price.Moreso if you do accept cashier's check for mean of payment do email asap today !!! expecting your reply
Thanks
Mark...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 10:11:34 PM by Bob "Lightining" Gould »
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling