8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Irish Setter Pups  (Read 3424 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Irish Setter Pups
« on: February 18, 2005, 10:13:03 AM »

I recently listed a littler of Irish Setter pups for sale on numerous web-sites.  The very next day after I listed them, I started receiving tons of emails claiming to want to buy my pups, some even wanted 4!  I sent emails to them (giving them the benefit of the doubt!) and finally started telling them, that if they were serious, they must phone, and we would no longer be responding to emails.  All wanted to know "the condition" of my dogs!  They're 3 days old!  Alos, wanted to know "the final asking price", my price is firm!  And, everyone has "their own shipper", well so do we, it's called DeltaCargo!  I just thought I would send the info along to you in the next few emails, so you could post it on your site.  I find it offensive, because I am seriously searching for loving homes for our pups.  I thought others might be interested to know what's going on, too!
Thanks
Jennifer Turner

Greetings,i am highly interested in buying your{Irish Setter}
from you ,i will like you to give me the ASKING price
and also scan the pics for me for proper verifycation . as for the
shipping,i have a liable shipper that takes goods care of all my
shipping .so about payment i have prepare a CASHIERS CHECK for you
in usa fund ,so pls email me back so that we can
conclude about it. and i will like you to feed me out
of this i.e ur personell phone num and ur adress and ur
email so that i can fax it to my client ,coz he is
willing to send you the check email ASAP....... pls
reply back.

REGARDS COLE WARD

thanks for the reply i will like you to give me the final asking price and
i will give you a call rigth away.

This is her answer:
----- Original Message -----
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 11:26:38 -0400
To: "cole ward" [email protected]
Subject: Re: Irish Setter

Thanks for your interest, we would appreciate it if you would just give
us a call anytime at . This will be easier for all of us, if we
could just talk personally.
We have had many emails this morning, and we have found that most of the
emails like yours are not serious inquiries. If you are serious, please
call us.
Thanks!
Jennifer

Then there's more:
Hello,

My name  Chistie,i was born in the states in new hemphire, but presently working in Europe.i am interested in Adopting your Irish Setter from you and have it brought to united kingdom.

i will be taking care of the shipment of the dogs myself, i will be glad if you get back to with you last selling price, so that we may proceed.....

Hope to hear from you you soonest....

Regards....

Thanks and God Bless......

Christie

This was the second email from this lady, after I responded to the first.  It's very much like the "Dash for Cash Breeding" scam I read on your site.
Jennifer

To: Turners
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 11:21 AM
Subject: Re: interest in your Irish Setter

Hello Jenifer,
thanks for your response towards my offer of buying the irish setter,well i will want you to know i want to purchase the whole 4 of the irish setter and i wll be the one who will take care of the pick up of the irish setter.the 4 will cost me $2000 which i am ready to buy them so all i need is your go ahead.And i am assuring you that the irish setter will be well taking care and because i  we have a good home for them and to let you know that i have a shipper who will come for the pick-up of the irish setter and the shipper is in united state.And i want you to get the necessary paperwork for the irish setter.

Well first, i hope i can trust you enough,i have a
client in the States who is owing me a sum of $6000, i will Instruct my
client to issue you a Certified cashiers cheque of $6000 ,so that the remaining balance which is $4000 will be sent to my shipping agent through MONEYGRAMM as soon as the check is been cashed.Then my shipping agent will be coming to pick the Irish Setter up in your place.i will like you to send me your HOME ADDRESS,PHONE NUMBER,and the NAME that will be on the cheque,in order for me to foward it to my client who will issue the cheque as soon as possible.

Please i want you to know that the Irish Setter
is been needed urgently,so i will want you to be fast about your decision.i will
also be very glad if you could do me the favour of selling the Irish Setter to
me,because i have been searching for the Irish Setter for a long time,so i will appreciate it, if you give me the opportunity of buying the Irish Setter from you.
Hope to hear from you soon......

Thanks.

Regards.

Christie.

Turners wrote:

Thanks for your interest in our pups!  We will need to call the airline company to get all the info on shipping out of the US.  Are you wanting a male or female?  We have 4 of each, and they will not be ready to leave until early to mid July.  Selling price for male or female is (US Dollars) $500, and that is firm.  Shipping costs will be extra.  Within the US, we charge $225, I am not sure if the cost would be any more going to the UK, I'll see if I can get that info a bit later today.  Where in the UK would we be shipping to?  I am interested to know which site you saw our ad posted?  Of course, if you are serious about owning one of our pups, we will need to chat via phone, just to get all our info to you, and make sure you have the proper home for the pup to live.  We would be delighted to have Gwynnie's babies living over-seas, but we must be certain they would be properly taken care of, and happy as well! If you'll get back in touch, to let me know where about you are in the UK, so I can get accurate shipping info, that would be great!  Also, feel free to give me a call at 859-748-9567  any time  so we can get to know each other  a little.

I look forward to hearing from you, soon.
Thanks again!
Jennifer

To:
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2004 11:33 PM
Subject: AKC Irish Setter pups Whelped

Greetings,My name is RAYMOND, I saw your ad for {AKC Irish Setter pups
Whelped } and its fits what i have been searching for.let me have the final
asking PRICE you are willing to sell .i reside in UK,I will handle shipment
withouts to My base in SIDNEY.Do you accept cashier checks as a method of
payment.Sorry if i may ask,is this your personal property cos' i dont want
to involve myself with stolen properties for sale.what is the condition
like? Well reply with your full name,contact address,phone number and
fax,prove of ownership,so that i can commence payment immediately if it is
still available....

Name in Full ...

Adderess...

City....

Country......

State..

Zipcode...

Phone# both cell and Home.

Get back to me with information as soon as possible.
RAYMOND

HI,
 I was highly impressed and incentive when i got to know your web-site with exactly what i've been longing for. I'm delighted to make an enquiry for your AKC IRISH SETTER PUPS WHELPED   for sale by you for $500 . and i think i'm capable and competent of the payment.So i'm mailing you to reach a good compromise on the procedure of my payment,Secondly,i will like to let you know that i have a private shipping company which is based in West-Africa that normally handle any order he made to buy from the seller after the agreement from the seller;so you can contact the shippers company Managing-Director at [email protected] for more information about the shipping if only you accept his order and
the payment he offers you.  Looking forward to read your urgent reply to this order asap.
Regards,
Mrs Mariam Terry.

TELEFAX NEMBER:1 832 553 7746
HOUSTON-TEXAS.
GET BACK TO ME ASSAP.

Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 9:28 AM
Subject: {SPAMFILTER} AKC IRISH SETTER PUPS WHELPED 5-12-04$500

Hi,
 My name is Mr Micheal west  a vet doctor here in france  I saw your  ad about your dog Still for sale. I will want to know your last offering price. in respect of shipping and i want to know the present condition of your dog  i have a repuatble shipper  who takes care of my shippment. Mail me asap to arrange payment. Thanks.
 Mr Micheal west 

To:
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 12:21 PM
Subject: AKC IRISH SETTER PUPS WHELPED
Hello,
Haven seen advert, Am highly intrested in buying your DOG kindly get back to me with your last offering price, the present condition of the DOG and the location .Let me know your method of payment ( But i preffer a cashiers check). In term of shipping don't bother yourself, I have an international shipping agent that take good care of my goods he'll be coming to your place for the pickup of the DOG .
Regard.
Wilson.
In a case like this it seems a lot of people have sent her emails from yahoo addresses first thing she should do is sned them to yahoo and complain and then send them to: [email protected] as attachments.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling