8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: I want to buy your saddle scam.  (Read 3404 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
I want to buy your saddle scam.
« on: February 21, 2005, 09:10:31 PM »

This is the second time I've gotten an e-mail like this from advertising on ebarrelracing. This first time was with a horse. Luckily, we waited a few days before sending any money and called the back and sure enough it was a counterfeit money order. Now, this same scam has come up from me selling my saddle. I know this isn't ebarrelracing's fault and there's not anyway you can prevent this, but I wanted to forward this to you so you could put an alert out there about this. These guys are conartists.

Thanks,
Michelle

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 3:07 AM
To: Michelle
Subject: PAYMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello,
Thanks for the mail, I have instructed a client of mine in the state to issue you a MONEY ORDER for the payment he his indebted to me the sum of $4000 and he has agreed to issue you the cheque for your payment from the cheque , and you will send the excess fund to my shipper the same day you receive the MONEY ORDER so they can quickly make arrangeent for the paper work and other things they need to do for the shipment.
Get back to me with the fellowing info below so i can make arrangeent for the payment .You can get intouch with my shipper Via e mail address

AND ALSO GET BACK TO ME WITH YOUR FULL INFOR MATION BELOW
NAME.....................................................
be on the MONEY ORDER

ADDRESS..................................so send the MONEY ORDER
phone number #................................mobile and line
Kndly get back to me if it's ok by you.
Regard,
Mr chris
N.B; hope to hear from you

Michelle wrote:

Chris,

Did you see the saddle on ebarrelracing.com? If you did I had pictures attached. I'll attach the pictures again for you. The price is $800 firm and I'll pay the shipping. Yes, I will accept a money order. The saddle is in good shape. I've owned it for about 5 years and I bought it new so it's only had 1 owner. Yes, it's been used, but it's not in bad shape it just looks like a saddle that's been ridden in. You can see in the pictures the condition it's in. I'm selling it because the horse I bought it for has been sold and it doesn't fit my other horse. Let me know if you can't look at the pictures and I could try to re-save the pictures in another program so you could see them.

Michelle

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2004 6:46 AM
To:
Subject: [***SPAM*** Score/Req: 05.30/05.00] urgent

Hello,
I was opportuned to see your advertised saddle .So I picked interest in it, moreso with the full description that was attached to with the advert ,kindly get back to me with your selling price. Also i will like to know if you will accept money order or a certified cheque for the payment .
Since I have not seen the pictures i will like to know it's present condition, kindly tell me if the saddle as ever been used ? If yes, Don't essitate to tell me the affected part.
Your fast responce will highly be appreciated .
Regards.
chris.....

This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling