8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: What's on your PC? Spyware, Trojans and diallers  (Read 3035 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
What's on your PC? Spyware, Trojans and diallers
« on: March 02, 2005, 09:58:01 AM »
That's what... if you're not careful[/color]

Users are increasingly losing ownership of their PCs with a growing amount of spyware and malicious applications finding their way on to computers in homes and the workplace. Worse still, the infections may go largely undetected.

The issue of spyware has been a major concern so far during 2005 but figures released by Computer Associates show Trojans, diallers, keyloggers and hacker tools also exist on users' PCs in worrying numbers.

=> Click here for more info.

Many people feel that when they install a program that comes with their new printer that they are safe. But that is wrong Lexmark is know to install spyware. A friend of mine just installed a new Cannon and it had installed a spyware program and a hack in his Outlook program. He had adaware pro installed. If you have the free programs installed you are NOT protected. If you have less than 2 installed you are NOT protected. If you do not have the Microsoft Spyware removal program installed get it! It is really good
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 10:09:47 AM by Bob "Lightining" Gould »
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling