8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Attn: Barrel race producers!! Quick Question?  (Read 3426 times)

Offline Shanda

• Posse Member
  • Veteran Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Attn: Barrel race producers!! Quick Question?
« on: February 25, 2005, 12:13:11 PM »
O.K., I am not bashing, or intending to start a fight of any kind!!!! ;)  I would just like someone to explain to me, why at these barrel races you can substitute a horse, but not a rider? ???  I mean people get hurt just like horses do, and if your horse gets hurt you can run another one, so if you get hurt, why can't you get someone else to ride your horse?  I mean I can see if you are going to substitute a rider to require a medical release stating you can't ride.  That way someone can't sub. a rider, just because they don't feel like riding!!!  I can also see the barrel race producers having a deadline requiring you to let them know by that date if you need to sub. a rider. 

I know you can vet or med. release out at most, but if you could sub a rider, you would not have to lose the processing fee that most producers keep if you vet out.

Again, not bashing, just wanting it explained to me!! <DUMMY ME>
I do my best, God does the rest!!!

Offline jenijill

• Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • pray for our soldiers
Re: Attn: Barrel race producers!! Quick Question?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 12:29:21 PM »
I dont know ??? but I think that is a good question and with all the producers on this page Im sure someone will let us know. <EXCUSE ME?>
it is Gods responsibilty to forgive the terrorist and it is the US Military's responsibilty to arrange the meeting

Downthealley

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 03:37:10 PM »
the majority of the producers that are here wont be back until sunday or monday. Bob and Tamet may get online and asnwer this sometime while they are at Glen Rose but I know Pam wont be able to.. shes tehre also. Des and Cork, not sure if theyre going to GR so maybe that can answer.

thats a good question, Ive often wondered that myself.

Offline Shanda

• Posse Member
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 09:26:40 AM »
Just bumping this up, hoping some of the producers are back today. :)/\\

Offline Shanda

• Posse Member
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 10:11:23 AM »
Bump

Offline jenijill

• Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • pray for our soldiers
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 02:51:18 PM »
okay this has been read a 149 times, will atleast one producer answer the question, we think it is a fair one.  You can change horses but not riders and we were wondering why.
it is Gods responsibilty to forgive the terrorist and it is the US Military's responsibilty to arrange the meeting

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 03:06:48 PM »
Pam
Where are you? I couldn't tell you unless it has something to do with points or something.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Laura Rodgers

• Mega Member
  • Brillant People Have The Most Persuasive Deamons
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 07:23:34 PM »
Shanda some races will let you Sub riders up until a certain time. For example the Ok City Futurity will let you sub riders up until a certain time.

Most will not because it can become a big mess! It is up to the producer and how they want there show to run.

Just like some make you go into a holding pen and then enter a side gate, and then exit out the back gate.
It is just a preference that they feel helps there show run smoother.
Laura Rodgers
"We survive together or not at all"

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
  • Huckleberry's Xtreme Barrel Race Jan 2 Bryan, Texa
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 12:59:15 PM »
To be honest with you on this one I do not know why riders are not substituted.  One reason might be calling someones name that is not the rider and it does cause confusion.  But I am asking a lot of barrel racers and if I ever get a correct answer I will let you know.  I still think it is because we have to deal with the person not the horse and changing people can cause confusion with draw numbers or fees paid or not paid etc,  Horses just go when we tell them to.   I will keep on asking and see what I can find out......
Takin' barrel racing to the Xtreme.....

Offline jenijill

• Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • pray for our soldiers
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 01:04:47 PM »
I would think that if you can change a horses name upon check in, you should be able to change a riders name at the same time <()>

Offline Shanda

• Posse Member
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 01:11:45 PM »
Thanks, Laura!!!   I know that if a bunch of people subed riders on the day of the show it would not be good, but that is why I said, that they should have to let producers know 3 or 4 days in advance if you have to sub riders. :)/\\ 

Offline canchaser253

• Elite Member
  • Shelby Nicole
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 08:12:52 PM »
I think that it would be kinda cool if you could sub riders, but thats just my opinion.  <DUMMY ME> I think that it would get confusing after a while calling out a persons name to ride a horse, but you call the wrong persons name bc they dont tell you your changing riders! Or they could just start calling you by the horses name and not announcing the riders name. But then again that would cause waaaaaay too much confusion for everyone if all the barrel races did that. Okay I dont know where I am going with this so I think Im going to stop now.....  :later: lol
Dont try and be a bad@$$ over the keyboard.

Offline sgrodeo

• Novice Member
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 10:38:25 PM »
When you enter a 4D barrel race, YOU are entering, not the horse.  Therefore you cannot substitute a rider.  You can ride whatever horse you want, or a mule if you want.  At a futurity, such as the BFA at OKC you are entering the horse.  That is the difference.  Can you imagine,  if, for instance, there were only 200 entries and 50 people  sub'd riders. what a mess that would keeping all that straight of who runs when.  As the arena coordinater at the Shootouts I would not want to deal with that.  Hope this explains the difference. 
If I'd known I was gonna live this long, I'da taken better care of my body.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.