8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: please pray for my mom facing cancer relapse  (Read 6562 times)

spazzyjazzy

please pray for my mom facing cancer relapse
« on: March 15, 2005, 11:15:06 PM »
I have read through and prayed for so many of you guys over the past few years and gained such strength and hope when reading the stories of the power of prayer.  Now I am writing to ask for prayers for my mom.  Six years ago she was diagnosed with breast cancer.  After surgery and radiation she beat it.  Last year she underwent major heart surgery where two of her valves were replaced with mechanical ones.  It was a very scarey surgery and she fought so hard to recuperate.  When things began to heal, she found herself feeling better than she had in years.  She was able to be an "active" part in her grandkid's lives.  Then last week she discovered that the breast cancer had returned to her other breast.  It was such a blow.  With her complications from being on drugs related to her transplant, the cancer treatment is going to be kind of touchy.  Please pray for God to give my mom strength as she faces this new challenge and hope that she can face this setback and defeat the cancer AGAIN!                                                                    Thank you
                                                                                                                        Mary Alice Herring

Offline candystarbarrels

• Mega Member
  • With God ALL things are possible!
Re: please pray for my mom facing cancer relapse
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 11:29:53 PM »
I will keep your mother in my thoughts and prayers. Good Luck!
As long as you can't imagine it, as long as you can't see it, then it is not going to happen for you!

Offline mammadearborn

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 07:12:48 AM »
Prayers for your mom's complete healing, and for strength to the rest of you.
Love Generously, Praise Loudly, Live Fully

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 08:53:10 AM »
Many prayers for your mom and your family.   <(' ')>

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 05:55:25 PM »
May God shine his face on your mother and your family. May he show her one of his many Miracles and from that may you gain strength in your faith.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

spazzyjazzy

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 11:14:12 PM »
Update...mom's surgery has been moved up to this Monday (the 28th) as she has had some serious blood clotting complications in the last two days.  She began bleeding through the biopsy incision and the doctors went in and drained off 4 tubes of clotted blood.  After that it was decided that the surgeons need to get the cancerous lumps cleaned out as soon as possible so her heart doctors can get her blood thinner medicines back on level.  In addition, a 15 year old cousin of ours was killed in a near head-on collision in Burnet this past Saturday.  His father was seriously injured.  Please pray for my family.  It has been a rough weekend.

Offline harrington

• Novice Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 07:40:11 AM »
Mary Alice---you know we are here for you.  If there is anything you need we will be happy to help.  Our prayers are with you.  the Harringtons

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 03:01:06 PM »
Oh my goodness....many more prayers for you and your family.  I am so sorry for the loss of your cousin.  Please keep us updated on your mom's condition as well as your cousin's father.

spazzyjazzy

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2005, 11:16:59 PM »
Update..I just wanted to thank all of you who have been praying for my family.  We had the funeral for Colin on Friday.  The turnout was incredible.  It was the hardest thing I have ever been a part of but his parents' faith was/is absolutely inspiring.  Even in their darkest hours they have been able to reach out to the high school kids including my own 15 year old son who have been so shaken by this.  For those who have asked, Colin's father was able to attend the funeral but is in a rehab center working to heal physically from the wreck.  It will be a very long recovery process.  Please continue to pray for this family as well as the driver of the other vehicle who will have to live with what was just a moment of distraction that cost a young man's life. 

Mom's surgery will be Monday pending no further complications.  Please pray for all of us to give us strength to support her as we are all emotionally worn out with everything that has been going on.  MA
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 04:39:44 PM by spazzyjazzy »

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 12:47:00 PM »
Prayers of peace, comfort and strength for your family through this time.
The Cantwell's

(+)
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

spazzyjazzy

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 10:47:11 AM »
Update!   Mom came through her surgery well.  She had to stay in the hospital a little longer than planned due to some stomach problems BUT...the initial reports look good.  The surgeon feels that she got all the cancerous lumps out of the breast and only took one lymph node because they looked good.  Obviously, we are waiting for the final pathology reports but so far...we have been blessed.  She has been able to get back on her blood thinner medicine so no more shots in the abdomen.  YEAH!!!  The doctors will be deciding what further treatment is needed in the next few days.  My family cannot thank you guys enough for the prayers for strength and courage in this very trying month.