8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Obituary for George H. Reese  (Read 5227 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Obituary for George H. Reese
« on: March 18, 2005, 03:54:18 PM »
Greetings all,

I typically send you press releases and ad copies for TNT Events, Blazin' Barrels and the Rocky Mountain Super Races.  However, today I am attaching something on a much sadder note.  It is an obituary and some pictures of my daddy, George H. Reese.  He was an extraordinary man who was involved in the horse industry most of his life.  He had friends in the rodeo world as well as the horse-show world and was involved in all things western.  He will be missed by loved ones world-wide.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would consider the attached for your publication.  If you are able to use it, would you please let me know and if possible send an extra copy to the address below for the family to see.  I would be more than happy to pay for the copy and postage.  As always, if you have any questions or comments, please let me know.  You can call me or send me an email to the address below.

Thank you,
Nancy Rinaldo
TNT Events
12154 Mesa View Rd.
Larkspur, CO  80118

hm office: 303-688-7777
cell:  719-641-3232

[email protected]

George H. Reese, a Colorado Springs resident since 1959, died suddenly, Sunday, March 6, 2005, at Penrose Hospital of complications after a knee surgery.
George was born in Wilkes-Barre, PA, on February 15, 1926, to Elmer and Helen (Moyer) Reese. At the young age of 17, with his parents’ blessings, he left high school to join the United States Marine Corps and serve his country alongside his older brothers during World War II. After returning from the war, he finished high school and then attended Wilkes College.

An ambitious George moved to Wyoming and was employed by Union Pacific as a telegrapher and then worked in the Mobil oil fields. After catching her runaway horse, he captured the heart of his beloved wife of 53 years, Janice C. Spatz. George and Janice were married June 16, 1951, in Cheyenne, Wyoming. They first settled in Cheyenne and later moved east to Wilkes-Barre to help with his family’s business, Acme Metal Products. In 1959, they moved back west to Colorado Springs, where George and Janice worked, played and raised their five children. In 1995, they moved to a small ranch in the Palmer Lake area. George had several successful family businesses, including the 8th Street A & W Root Beer Drive-In Restaurant, Stockman’s Hay and Grain, Reese Trucking, Nation-Wide Horse Van Transportation, All-State Horse Express, and most recently, the Palmer Lake Motors dealership. George was an active member of the Palmer Lake Board of Trustees, where he served as chairman of the police commission. Throughout his life, he was involved in numerous civic organizations including the Masonic Lodge (51 years), Irem and Al Kaly Shriners and Mule Train (49 years), Pikes Peak Range Riders (43 years), Veterans of Foreign Wars, El Paso County Mounted Sheriff’s Posse, Colorado Mule Riders, Colorado Cattlemen’s Association, theTri-Lakes Chamber of Commerce, Monument Hill Sertoma and Tri-Lakes Cruisers car club. George had a generous spirit, serving as a deacon of Monument Community Presbyterian Church and was always a friend to everyone.

George is survived by his wife and best friend, Janice Reese; their five children, Curtis Reese of Palmer Lake, Ronald (Kim) Reese of Buena Vista, Brenda (Tony) Woodward of Monument, Laura (Mike) Watt of Monument, and Nancy (Ty) Rinaldo of Larkspur; the grandchildren he adored and loved to indulge, Carrie (Gary) Hobbs, Brandon Reese, Tyier and Melissa Woodward, Darby and Reese Watt, Tanner and Tucker Rinaldo, and great-granddaughter Averly Hobbs. His surviving siblings are Paul Reese and Joan Krzanowski, both of Wilkes-Barre, PA. His parents and his brother, Elmer Reese, preceded him in death.

There will be no visitation. However, the Palmer Lake Star will be lit on Thursday evening in his memory. In lieu of flowers, please make any contributions to Palmer Lake Volunteer Fire Department, P.O. Box 302, Palmer Lake, CO 80132; or The Shriner’s Hospital Inter-Mountain Unit, Fairfax Rd. at Virginia St., Salt Lake City, UT 84103.

We learned so much from your loving example. How fortunate we are to have had you in our lives. We will love and miss you always. Your loving wife and family.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline candystarbarrels

• Mega Member
  • With God ALL things are possible!
Re: Obituary for George H. Reese
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 11:20:30 PM »
Very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.
As long as you can't imagine it, as long as you can't see it, then it is not going to happen for you!